• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

FINALBOSS

Banned
So I downloaded the game (not from the launcher) and have the files on my computer.

When I click Diablo 3 Setup...it says initializing launcher but doesn't open up anything.

I don't even see the launcher at all. Is it just because the installer isn't activated yet or what? :/

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Blizz made it so that if you login from the same location, it won't ask for the code every single time.
Oh it works like that with the mobile app as-well? Nice,I thought it only worked like that with the real authenticator :3!

Oh it works like that with the mobile app as-well? Nice,I thought it only worked like that with the real authenticator :3!

yeah, it's tied to your profile, not the authenticator.

mobile authenticator is actually a little better than the physical one because it's 8 digits instead of 6, so it's more secure.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Amazon CE preorder is still at "not yet shipped", so I guess it's next-day shipping on Monday.

So I downloaded the game (not from the launcher) and have the files on my computer.

When I click Diablo 3 Setup...it says initializing launcher but doesn't open up anything.

I don't even see the launcher at all. Is it just because the installer isn't activated yet or what? :/

odd. When I double click my launcher, it loads, then says something about how it isn't time yet, "fire hasn't rained down from the heavens yet" or some such. basically telling me to wait 'til monday.

injurai

Banned

You need to download the installation files, which are from what I gathered are compressed. On installation everything will be extracted and decrypted. You probably just went about acquiring everything the wrong way.

Lanbeast

Hahaha no. That's Pat the Patriot, the old emblem of the NE Patriots.

Apache actually comes from the old mascot at my elementary school.

Ohhh, alright. High school near where I grew up uses that mascot for their football team so I wanted to see if PA GAF was representing.

taoofjord

One thing that I find kinda weird is that, after looking through some of the armor sets, I find the earlier ones to look much more pleasing than the later ones. They just get too ridiculous/wacky. It becomes less about good design and more about being instantly "impressive" to the eye through size and ornate details. But it just ends up looking kinda goofy. There are certainly exceptions, I saw some really slick looking late-game sets but taken as a whole I feel like they fell into the same trap they did with WoW.

I'd like them to be able to come up with a way for me to wear one set or combination of armor while receiving the benefits of a much better one and F the rational of it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
yeah, it's tied to your profile, not the authenticator.

mobile authenticator is actually a little better than the physical one because it's 8 digits instead of 6, so it's more secure.
Mobile authenticator is actually a lot better since you always carry a phone with you! The amount of times I've forgotten about it when I go to LAN parties... fuck.

neoism

Mobile authenticator is actually a lot better since you always carry a phone with you! The amount of times I've forgotten about it when I go to LAN parties... fuck.

do you have any vids of d2 I could watch. Act 5 and 6. I don't really care about spoilers. I'm not even to act 2 in d2 with my sorceress and I just know I wont get much further....

Yoshichan

do you have any vids of d2 I could watch. Act 5 and 6. I don't really care about spoilers. I'm not even to act 2 in d2 with my sorceress and I just know I wont get much further....
Im on my phone right now, cant link anything :(..And there are only 5 acts with the expansion!

Riggs

Banned
I just took a nap and the thread is on page 125, this is good.

I read kotaku article, this is not good.

Can you guys help me contain my rage? Will I able to calm down?

I fucking hate kotaku man, this thread has been 100% positive so I won't ruin the vibe.

But I want to smash kotaku into a million pieces with my 2h maul!!

Tacitus_

Yeah. I have the android authenticator and I had to input the code only once during the open weekend (once I had actually made it in to the service once).

LordCanti

I fucking hate kotaku man, this thread has been 100% positive so I won't ruin the vibe.

Up your posts per page to 100, what are you doing?

(this is positivity; I'm helping you see the right path)

I don't even check my Amazon page anymore because I'll just feel depressed I can't play it yet :(

If I check my Amazon page, I'm going to cancel my CE order. To prevent that, I'm acting like it doesn't exist right now.

injurai

Banned

All of fucking Gawker is awful so I understand you, It used to be so good. Now now ArsTechnica went and ruined their site. Still has some of the best articles on the web, I am highly anticipating their D3 review.

Junie12

WTF did Kotaku do? You know what? Forget about it, don't really care what they have to say :p

Megasoum

Banned
The mobile authenticator is also nice for showing you the time left before the code swapping. It's not a big deal but it's handy when you open it and see that there's only a couple of seconds left you just wait for the code to refresh before entering it.

Riggs

Banned
All of fucking Gawker is awful so I understand you, It used to be so good. Now now ArsTechnica went and ruined their site. Still has some of the best articles on the web, I am highly anticipating their D3 review.

Ha the ArsTech redesign hurts my eyes, looks like the Verge. Just make it White on black or whatever the alternative scheme is man. It helps A LOT!

zlatko

Banned
I may HAVE to watch Game of Thrones with my pants off.

motherofgod.jpg dem tigolbitties

Still not on par with the Barbarian Female's breasticles though.

Riggs

Banned
On phone with blizzard , ETA only 29 min!!! lol

My WoW account got hacked and frozen like a month ago but since I don't even play, don't care at this point.

Figured with D3 coming out I want everything in good condition on battle.net though.

Fun times ahead!

Cipherr

Not sure if posted yet, but here is the Walmart.com item description for Diablo 3:
"The Diablo III PC/Mac Game revolves around an interesting plot which will keep you spell bound. while you are playing. This Strategy Video Game also has some similar setting as the Diablo II like Tristram. The Witch Doctor is a new character in this game, is reminiscent of the Diablo II Necromancer, The Barbarians in this strategy video game have a variety of revamped skills at their disposal on the basis of the use of their incredible physical prowess. Bring home the PC video game to solve the mysteries of the mighty Barbarians."

d6p13.gif

The Chef

Can't wait for horror stories about losing Hardcore characters!

This still baffles me. Again, I know nearly nothing about this game. But from what I understand in a normal game you'll be ranking up your character for 100s of hours right? Sort or like a Dark Souls character...but in Hardcore, if you die...you lose everything?? Game over, insert coin to start over kinda thing??

That is INSANE if true.

vilmer_

This still baffles me. Again, I know nearly nothing about this game. But from what I understand in a normal game you'll be ranking up your character for 100s of hours right? Sort or like a Dark Souls character...but in Hardcore, if you die...you lose everything?? Game over, insert coin to start over kinda thing??

That is INSANE if true.

Yeppers :) It's extremely intense!

Yoshichan

That is INSANE if true.
Yes sir! Some people actually prefer this method!

That is INSANE if true.
Yep. You die and the char is dead forever.

Tacitus_

That is INSANE if true.

Pretty much. Getting to 60 will probably take a couple of days /played. Then you'll start gathering gear so you can take on Inferno difficulty on that character.
A single mistake will cost you that character if you're playing hardcore.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

That is INSANE if true.

It's called hardcore for a reason.

i've never pre-ordered from amazon. Will they ship games a few days prior to achieve the "day of" delivery?

You will receive it on the day they estimate. They're VERY good at estimating delivery date, especially if you preordered for Release Date Delivery. It ALWAYS arrives on release day. At least, that's my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom