• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riggs

Banned
Haha I love my Dad he is a nerd at heart.

He keeps fucking calling me but I am on hold with glorious blizzard tech support to get my WoW account unlocked. I text him and tell him I am on phone with "Tech Support" and I can't pick up right now.

He texts back Is everything ok? Like it's all dire, he knows if my computer blew up I'd be all depressed. <3 my dad, think I should get him into D3? He's not much of a gamer but he did enjoy running over prostitutes when I let him play GTAIV.

injurai

Banned
heh, bunch of masochists they are
smug-arms.gif

Bathed in the blood of 100 virgins...

LordCanti

Worst wait for me will be on Tuesday when I wait for the UPS package.

If I end up not cancelling my CE, I'll probably stay up on the 14th, play my demon hunter to 13 (as far as you can go with the starter edition), and then go to sleep until UPS comes.

That's the only way to minimize my anguish. When the people that unlocked the game at midnight are all tired and going to sleep, I'll just be starting. By the time they wake back up, I'll be as high level as them, and I'll still be going strong thanks to my unflappable resolve.

HenryHSH

My dad is totally into CoD (had to talk him out of Elite), Uncharted, and loved Half-Life and Splinter Cell on the PC. There's no way he'd enjoy Diablo tho. :(

My dad is totally into CoD (had to talk him out of Elite), Uncharted, and loved Half-Life and Splinter Cell on the PC. There's no way he'd enjoy Diablo tho. :(

Why would you talk him out of elite then? It's been pretty awesome having a steady stream of content, can't wait for the 1v1 mode/maps.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
My dad pretty much just figured out what a internet does and types with his two pointer fingers while staring at the keyboard.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
My dad pretty much just figured out what a internet does and types with his two pointer fingers while staring at the keyboard.
This. Unfortunately.

injurai

Banned

I used to look up to my dad for his computer skills but I have long surpassed him with modern tech savvy. He is an executive system's administrator but refuses to learn anything than the bare minimum of modern technology.

Fou-Lu

Yeah, that's my dad with computers, until you open up DOS and he becomes a wizard. Haha.

He was also an avid gamer when I was a kid, so there's hope for him I guess, if he only had the free time.

scy

If I end up not cancelling my CE, I'll probably stay up on the 14th, play my demon hunter to 13 (as far as you can go with the starter edition), and then go to sleep until UPS comes.

That's the only way to minimize my anguish. When the people that unlocked the game at midnight are all tired and going to sleep, I'll just be starting. By the time they wake back up, I'll be as high level as them, and I'll still be going strong thanks to my unflappable resolve.

Wait a second, can I play the Starter Edition and then upgrade my account when I get my CE in?

...oh god, no, I shouldn't do this.

Riggs

Banned
I used to look up to my dad for his computer skills but I have long surpassed him with modern tech savvy. He is an executive system's administrator but refuses to learn anything than the bare minimum of modern technology.

Same dude my dad was like the computer guru. Now I know way more, he knows it and doesn't care though.

Yeah, that's my dad with computers, until you open up DOS and he becomes a wizard. Haha.

He was also an avid gamer when I was a kid, so there's hope for him I guess, if he only had the free time.

Ha I had this old , OLD game my dad bought at Toys R US for me . Some F-15 Janes flight sim game. We had to install via ms dos and it took like a week but my dad made this special command to finally get it working. I found the box yesterday (the manual is like 2 lbs I swear), and low and behold in the CD case was the 3 step command code. After all these years.

Anyway fuck this shit, back to D3 talk!!!

LordCanti

Wait a second, can I play the Starter Edition and then upgrade my account when I get my CE in?

...oh god, no, I shouldn't do this.

That's my understanding of the situation anyway. Once you put the CE key in, your account will be upgraded and you'll keep your characters. To get the wings and the dyes, you'll need to transfer them from a newly made character potentially.

I'm thinking of staying up till 3 AM just to see how the servers holds up, God help Blizzard if the servers don't hold up
LLShC.gif

If their servers are down when UPS finally gets here, I may /wrists

injurai

Banned
I'm thinking of staying up till 3 AM just to see how the servers holds up, God help Blizzard if the servers don't hold up
LLShC.gif

You would hope they have things figured out after so many WoW launches, but with D3 being the most pre-ordered game who knows...

scy

That's my understanding of the situation anyway. Once you put the CE key in, your account will be upgraded and you'll keep your characters. To get the wings and the dyes, you'll need to transfer them from a newly made character potentially.

Oh god no, I must resist staying awake to 2 AM to do this oh god

Fou-Lu

Same dude my dad was like the computer guru. Now I know way more, he knows it and doesn't care though.

This was my older brother, he had all kinds of computer related jobs and I always thought he was god with computers, until eventually I started talking about stuff that he didn't know anything about and I realized I'd surpassed him.

HenryHSH

Why would you talk him out of elite then? It's been pretty awesome having a steady stream of content, can't wait for the 1v1 mode/maps.

Because I like him to play other games. I always send him new games to check out (Battlefield, killzone, Assassin's Creed, RDR, etc.) but he tends to stick to CoD. He doesn't like to prestige anymore because he wants to keep his weapons, lol

LLShC.gif

I'm using this as a way to stay sane while I work during the day on Launch. I'll just tell myself everyone else can't log in. Yeah. They're not playing either. So we'll be on even footing when I get home at 6pm.

Raide

Because I like him to play other games. I always send him new games to check out (Battlefield, killzone, Assassin's Creed, RDR, etc.) but he tends to stick to CoD. He doesn't like to prestige anymore because he wants to keep his weapons, lol

Just randomly show him how much fun you have in D3, it might try it out when you go out. :D

chris-013

I was looking at crazy hp figures on the last boss on diablofans when someone posted this screenshot :

Edited
It's stupid but I can't stop laughing. ^^

Atomski

LLShC.gif

Yeah i cant make my mind up if i will stay up or not. i'd hate to stay up till 3am only to get stuck on a servers down screen.

Yeah, it's still a lot of fun despite the criticisms that people have towards it. I usually play other stuff until the new maps get released and play those for a while, then the cycle repeats. Right now it's all I've been playing waiting for D3 despite having other things to play. I don't want to get invested in a new game right before it comes out :/

Riggs

Banned
Does anyone have some links to really high quality D3 wallpapers? like 1920X1080 and up?

Heh, I just got off the phone with my insurance after an hour-ish of being on-and-off hold :|

...I suppose that's not really relevant to anything here.

At this point considering D3 doesn't come out untill tuesday, anything is relevant. We are brothers in waiting.

LordCanti

I was looking at crazy hp figures on the last boss on diablofans when someone posted this screenshot :

It's stupid but I can't stop laughing. ^^

....Is that a barely shopped picture of the final boss?

Is it? If so.....

I don't even know what. Things will happen.

@Yoshi - I can't quote you for fear of reading the spoiler text, but I will believe you.

Crisis averted.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
....Is that a barely shopped picture of the final boss?

Is it? If so.....

I don't even know what. Things will happen.
No, it's not. I am pretty sure that is... -> ACTUAL BOSS-SPOILERS ->
Azmodan, the final boss of act 3

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/5648/600pxazmodanbc2011.jpg[IMG]

It's stupid but I can't stop laughing. ^^[/QUOTE]

Might want to remove that. Its a banned meme here on GAF.

LordCanti

I just thought it was a shopped
Azmodan
and that's really not a spoiler at this point ... is it?

I guess hearing a demonic sounding name of a fat demon thing isn't too big of a spoiler. If you tell me any more it's probably a spoiler though.

Since I have no idea who
Azmodan
is. Judging by his size, imma guess
lesser evil

Sucks being practically blind and finding out today that the optometrist I went to basically forgot to ever tell me my insurance didn't go through so they sat around doing nothing for 10 days and waited for me to magically fix things I didn't know was broken.

Guess I get to play D3 blind for a week or two. Hooray!

I partially know that feel; The other day I complained that no one had blurred the breasts of a woman in an attempted rape video (on another GAF thread). Turns out...she had a white t-shirt on. My vision at short distances is awful.

Oh, I guess if you haven't seen any of the trailers then yeah. In that case, I guess I'll go back and tag the name? I mean, we have some people sporting him as avatars.

Some people are really sensitive. I'd rather not know any bosses going in, so I haven't watched any trailers.

scy

At this point considering D3 doesn't come out untill tuesday, anything is relevant. We are brothers in waiting.

Sucks being practically blind and finding out today that the optometrist I went to basically forgot to ever tell me my insurance didn't go through so they sat around doing nothing for 10 days and waited for me to magically fix things I didn't know was broken.

Guess I get to play D3 blind for a week or two. Hooray!

scy

I guess hearing a demonic sounding name of a fat demon thing isn't too big of a spoiler. If you tell me any more it's probably a spoiler though.

Since I have no idea who
Azmodan
lesser evil

Oh, I guess if you haven't seen any of the trailers then yeah. In that case, I guess I'll go back and tag the name? I mean, we have some people sporting him as avatars.

Yoshichan

Since I have no idea who
Azmodan
lesser evil
Indeed. His intentions aren't really spoilers unless you've completely ignored the Black Soulstone-trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom