• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris-013

I guess hearing a demonic sounding name of a fat demon thing isn't too big of a spoiler. If you tell me any more it's probably a spoiler though.

Since I have no idea who Azmodan is. Judging by his size, imma guess
lesser evil

I partially know that feel; The other day I complained that no one had blurred the breasts of a woman in an attempted rape video (on another GAF thread). Turns out...she had a white t-shirt on.

He is on the black soulstone cinematic and blizzard did a entire panel on him at blizzcon.

Riggs

Banned
Sucks being practically blind and finding out today that the optometrist I went to basically forgot to ever tell me my insurance didn't go through so they sat around doing nothing for 10 days and waited for me to magically fix things I didn't know was broken.

Guess I get to play D3 blind for a week or two. Hooray!

Fuck that man, sorry to hear. Are you going to be ok?

LordCanti

Indeed. His intentions aren't really spoilers unless you've completely ignored the Black Soulstone-trailer.

I absolutely ignored that and all other trailers except for the animated short about the angiris council.

Is there a trailer with absolutely no spoilers, that sets up the story of D3? I'd watch it if there was. None of those "let's show a bunch of later act footage!" trailers for me though.

The Hermit

Still sounds better than Duriel.

just beated him for the 4040nth time... or, should I say, was beaten by my merc :p His freezing just slows that fight soooo much.
I though replaying that game after beating so many times would be faster... I´ve been like 10 hours playing since yesterday and just arrived act 3.

scy

I partially know that feel; The other day I complained that no one had blurred the breasts of a woman in an attempted rape video (on another GAF thread). Turns out...she had a white t-shirt on. My vision at short distances is awful.

I think my short-range sweet spot is around three inches from the screen. :|

And sorry on the spoiler, just kind of went with "It's in the trailers, fair game" on the name. :( I hate spoiling people...

Just click randomly around the screen, you'll be fine on Normal

I'll just let my partner do all the work while I collect my loot.

Fuck that man, sorry to hear. Are you going to be ok?

It's nothing major. At this point, it's 95% just not having glasses or contacts or anything. Thankfully I didn't go through with LASIK at this point lest they'd have found a way to fuck that up too.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sucks being practically blind and finding out today that the optometrist I went to basically forgot to ever tell me my insurance didn't go through so they sat around doing nothing for 10 days and waited for me to magically fix things I didn't know was broken.

Oh my God man, I'm really sorry to hear that...

LordCanti

And sorry on the spoiler, just kind of went with "It's in the trailers, fair game" on the name. :( I hate spoiling people...

You...are definitely worse off than me, lol. I'm farsighted, with a fairly narrow range where my vision is awful.

Don't worry about the spoiler. People have used that name before, and I never had any context for it. Knowing that it's probably a boss isn't a huge spoiler.

forrest

formerly nacire

World first normal clear by a blind guy!!! GO GO GO!!!

Seriously, sorry to hear. Hope it all gets sorted out for you!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Is there a trailer with absolutely no spoilers, that sets up the story of D3? I'd watch it if there was. None of those "let's show a bunch of later act footage!" trailers for me though.
No. Sorry.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I absolutely ignored that and all other trailers except for the animated short about the angiris council.

Try watching the Black Soulstone trailer, the trailer everyone is saying is not a spoiler. Blizzard hasn't been spoiling anything with their trailers. I don't know why you're avoiding them.

No. Sorry.

How is Black Soulstone a spoiler? It spoils nothing. SPOILERS THE GAME HAS DEMONS

Riggs

Banned
Cool got a really nice lady that answered finally from blizzard. WoW account unlocked now. I will never play it. But wooo!

LordCanti

Try watching the Black Soulstone trailer, the trailer everyone is saying is not a spoiler. Blizzard hasn't been spoiling anything with their trailers. I don't know why you're avoiding them.

It depends on the definition of spoiler I guess. I saw a TV spot (or maybe an internet ad spot on hulu or something) that showed areas outside the beta. As much as I can, I've been avoiding even knowing what other locations are in the game.

Nice dude, when you get glass's or contacts you will be amazed. It's like a free graphics upgrade hah. I finally got glass's and now I can actually see small things in games (and real life) that I never noticed before. So nice.

How many years did you go without glasses? I refuse to get them out of vanity, which I realize is ridiculous. My allergies are also awful to the point that I can't imagine myself being able to leave contacts in for long.

Riggs

Banned

It's nothing major. At this point, it's 95% just not having glasses or contacts or anything. Thankfully I didn't go through with LASIK at this point lest they'd have found a way to fuck that up too.

Nice dude, when you get glass's or contacts you will be amazed. It's like a free graphics upgrade hah. I finally got glass's and now I can actually see small things in games (and real life) that I never noticed before. So nice.

Yoshichan

How is Black Soulstone a spoiler? It spoils nothing. SPOILERS THE GAME HAS DEMONS
He said he's completely media blackout. You don't think a 1 ½ minute cut CG video that will be shown when you play the game is a spoiler?

Riggs

Banned
Yoshi I kind of want to play WoW untill midnight monday but I got no subscription. So not worth putting down 15 bucks for like 3 days of play. Ughhh I am bored!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
It depends on the definition of spoiler I guess. I saw a TV spot (or maybe an internet ad spot on hulu or something) that showed areas outside the beta. As much as I can, I've been avoiding even knowing what other locations are in the game.

Black soulstone has no in-game footage whatsoever.

He said he's completely media blackout. You don't think a 1 ½ minute cut CG video that will be shown when you play the game is a spoiler?

If he's on media blackout, everything is a spoiler, making his question completely unanswerable.

TylerD

1 hr to go in my last day in the office until the release of Diablo 3.

We are soon going to live in a world where D3 is out!

Somebody hold me.

Yoshi I kind of want to play WoW untill midnight monday but I got no subscription. So not worth putting down 15 bucks for like 3 days of play. Ughhh I am bored!

I'm finishing up Arkham City and then going to try Path of Exile during the open weekend. Starts tonight at 7 PM CST.

Yoshichan

If you pay for a month of WoW, I'll even log on and play with you :3

zlatko

Banned
I've decided I want this game inside me.

So I'm going to go a surgery to have the disc for the game embedded into my intestines somewhere.

Wish me luck.

Edit: God fucking damn it a spoiler on this page?

Thank you neogaf. Fuck you twice kindly. Officially on GAF black out. :/

Riggs

Banned
1 hr to go in my last day in the office until the release of Diablo 3.

We are soon going to live in a world where D3 is out!

Somebody hold me.

I'm finishing up Arkham City and then going to try Path of Exile during the open weekend. Starts tonight at 7 PM CST.
PoE is a lot of fun : )
Never play? Isn't the WoW account the same as your Diablo one?

Ya same, but just WoW was suspended because I got hacked. Every other game is ok.

If you pay for a month of WoW, I'll even log on and play with you :3

Ha maybe I will, not sure. I don't even own the newest expansion. Or is that even out yet? I have cataclysm.

Yoshichan

I've decided I want this game inside me.

So I'm going to go a surgery to have the disc for the game embedded into my intestines somewhere.

Wish me luck.
At least make sure to wear pants when you go there! ♥
Wait- that trailer actually plays in the game? I thought it was like an announcement/teaser trailer.
Yes, that trailer is a cut video of a CG-video that will be shown sometime in the game.
Edit: God fucking damn it a spoiler on this page?

Thank you neogaf. Fuck you twice kindly. Officially on GAF black out. :/
They are no spoilers.

LordCanti

If he's on media blackout, everything is a spoiler, making his question completely unanswerable.

I'm on a "I don't want to know the story of the game or the locations/bosses" blackout. I've been theorycrafting like a madman, and I have no problem seeing content that I've already seen in the beta.

An in-game cinematic would definitely qualify as a spoiler. If they made a cinematic specifically to be viewed before the game though (like the angiris council thing) I'd be all over it. It seems like that's not the case though.

Yoshichan

Ha maybe I will, not sure. I don't even own the newest expansion. Or is that even out yet? I have cataclysm.
Cataclysm is the latest expansion :3

Yoshichan

Ok nice was not sure if the other hit yet. Ughhhhhhhh staring at my CC.
I will sooooooo start a new character for you :3 As long as we play on Mal'Ganis-server! ♥

thetrin

I'm on a "I don't want to know the story of the game or the locations/bosses" blackout. I've been theorycrafting like a madman, and I have no problem seeing content that I've already seen in the beta.

An in-game cinematic would definitely qualify as a spoiler. If they made a cinematic specifically to be viewed before the game though (like the angiris council thing) I'd be all over it. It seems like that's not the case though.

That isn't the case for video games in general.

zlatko

Banned
At least make sure to wear pants when you go there! ♥

Yes, that trailer is a cut video of a CG-video that will be shown sometime in the game.

They are no spoilers.

I was browsing down the page fast, saw the words spoilers, and black soulstone, and had to quickly dart away thinking it was going to spoil something in regards to what that trailer entails.

The only trailer I've watched for this was the one that plays on the ads for the game. Evil is back or whatever.

Looks like I can carry on on GAF for now...

LordCanti

I got a reply for my support ticket asking if I could just get a refund for the digital version of the game once my CE came. The answer is yes....but I'll lose all my characters. The part on the forums about being able to receive an unused digital key back was true at the very least.

I'm not sure how it would hurt them to just issue a refund, but it's the answer I was expecting. I'll play whenever UPS decides that I can, I suppose.

That isn't the case for video games in general.

There are media tie-ins to some games, like the aforementioned Angiris Council animated short. I digress though; I've received an answer to my question of if there are any other videos I can watch without being spoiled (by my definition, which I'll admit is extreme).

Honestly, LordCanti, if you're on media blackout, my best advice is to get off the internet. Someone will spoil you if you don't just get off and do something else. The cinematics and a couple twists in the story have already been datamined and posted on Diablo fan sites. It's inevitable.

This is the only Diablo related thing I read. I won't go to wikis, I won't watch Youtube videos (except ones posted here, with the comments disabled), I won't go to the blizzard forums, etc. As long as people here don't lose their shit and start posting unmarked spoilers, I should be good.

thetrin

Honestly, LordCanti, if you're on media blackout, my best advice is to get off the internet. Someone will spoil you if you don't just get off and do something else. The cinematics and a couple twists in the story have already been datamined and posted on Diablo fan sites. It's inevitable.

So who's going to play Path fo Exile this weekend to try worrying less bout the slow passage of time till May 15th? lol

I am. Just waiting for it to the public weekend to start.

Rokk

Neo Member
So who's going to play Path fo Exile this weekend to try worrying less bout the slow passage of time till May 15th? lol

I am. Just waiting for it to the public weekend to start.

I couldn't really get into PoE for some reason. I get that it's early in development but something felt 'off' about the game when I played :(

thetrin

I couldn't really get into PoE for some reason. I get that it's early in development but something felt 'off' about the game when I played :(

It lacks the speed and kinetic feel of Diablo 3. That's the best way I can explain it. I enjoy the game, but it just doesn't set my world on fire the way the Diablo beta did.

I think they're both worth playing. I just know I'll be playing D3 a lot more.

ForzaFerrari

Neo Member
I need dis game now..please!

square_bike_wheel.jpg

Riggs

Banned
It lacks the speed and kinetic feel of Diablo 3. That's the best way I can explain it. I enjoy the game, but it just doesn't set my world on fire the way the Diablo beta did.

I think they're both worth playing. I just know I'll be playing D3 a lot more.

Pretty much feel exactly the same man. It's fun for now, but I don't think I will be on it much after D3 release.

Pimpbaa

Bought a logitech gaming keyboard that has multicolor backlit keys. Just got it so I could have red glowing keys while playing diablo 3 (along with my diablo 3 mouse) lol.... :(

Yoshichan

My desktop is starting to fill up again... what the fuck? Where do all these icons come from?

edit: Oh, Diablo-related stuff... I guess that's okay, but still. Holy cow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom