• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vodh

Yesterday i wandered by my local HMV to see they are still taking preorders for CE. Grabbed one, cancelled my Amazon one since the release day shipping made it more expensive than HMV, and now I learned they're doing a midnight (well, 11pm, midnight central europe) launch! Yay! Love midnight game releases!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Every now and again you get to hear an entertaining domestic dispute. It almost makes it worth it.

There are too many mouth breathers on the internet to make it worthwhile for me. The better your headphone speakers, the worse it is. :(

Ainaurdur

I use Skype with really close friends, where we only have 2-6 people in a call at once. But I agree, Mumble etc for larger groups or people you may not know so well.

injurai

Banned
Mumble stopped working for me for some reason not too long ago. Also I think I broke my mic. Fuck mics that are attached to headphones.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I use Skype with really close friends, where we only have 2-6 people in a call at once. But I agree, Mumble etc for larger groups or people you may not know so well.

I think for things like GAF games, it's perfect. You don't have to worry that someone doesn't have your skype name or whatever. They just find your name in the mumble list, join your room, and everything is hunky dory.

LordCanti

Mumble stopped working for me for some reason not too long ago. Also I think I broke my mic. Fuck mics that are attached to headphones.

You have to reinstall mumble every so often. Something about the certificates expiring or...something....

Two minutes to reinstall and it's fixed.

I was only 8 when D2 first came out. I still played it. :p

I was maybe 11 or so. I remember going with my mother to Babbages (I think; May have been EB Games) and her giving me a death stare when I told her what she was buying me. There was a store full of other people buying the same thing though, so she couldn't really bust out the whole "That sounds Satanic. What am I buying this for? What kind of evil, child corrupting garbage is it now?" spiel.

scy

You should not be friends with people who don't use PTT.

For SC2, I kept PTT off. Honestly, wasn't so bad outside of the mechanical in the background.

MMO Raiding, though, PTT all day. Though, hearing things in the background was always good stuff.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yeah I was only 11 years old... it feels like yesterday :3

jodHP.gif

injurai

Banned
You have to reinstall mumble every so often. Something about the certificates expiring or...something....

Two minutes to reinstall and it's fixed.

Neat, still doesn't solve the awful crackling sound my mic has been making. might need to run out to microcenter and get one.

injurai

Banned
While we are on this nostalgia trip, I absolutely adore expansions to games. I grew up with that whole concept and it seems to be dying with dlc. <3 Blizzard for keeping the dream alive.

KarmaCow

I didn't play Diablo 1 or 2 because I didn't like the indirect mouse controls. I'm still not a fan but I'm only getting Diablo 3 because I had a free game coupon that was going to expire.

FinKL

This thread moves too fast, I played Diablo when I was elementary school :D

I'm curious on sockets, how many you can have, and on what pieces you can have them in? Anyone?

thetrin

While we are on this nostalgia trip, I absolutely adore expansions to games. I grew up with that whole concept and it seems to be dying with dlc. <3 Blizzard for keeping the dream alive.

Completely agree. I really hope Diablo III gets a gnarly boxed expansion.

There are totally two listings for Diablo III on Walmart.com and each has a different description. Both are equally bad. The one has been posted numerous times, but this one hasn't:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Diablo-III-PC-PC-Games/14018467#Specifications

The Diablo III Blizzard is a captivating, horror-themed action role-playing game developed to grab the complete attention of all adventure-seeking enthusiasts. This entertaining strategy video game, uses mesmerizing 3D to explore the world of Sanctuary. The interactive environment in the video game can be used to one's advantage to outplay enemies by setting up traps and using obstacles, consequently developing strategic and tactical thinking in young minds. The multiplayer PC video game, with its innovative enhancements, keeps gamers hooked on to an all-new Battle. net platform, making cooperative game play exciting.

Do I have to go to Dairy Queen to buy a Diablo III Blizzard? I want a Diablo III Blizzard....

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I remember getting the Diablo 2 CE because it came out like 4 days after my birthday. Fuck yeah late june game releases.

thetrin

LordCanti

Microcenter has D3 for $50 if anyone has a MC near them. According to slickdeals anyway.

Yeah I have my mic boosted by 30 dB, but you can't hear it at all otherwise. Not sure what to do.

That...definitely explains the crackle. So other people can't hear you when you talk if it's not boosted that high?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
This thread moves too fast, I played Diablo when I was elementary school :D

I'm curious on sockets, how many you can have, and on what pieces you can have them in? Anyone?
If it's like Diablo 2, you'll be able to socket helm, weapon, shield, and chest.

injurai

Banned
There are totally two listings for Diablo III on Walmart.com and each has a different description. Both are equally bad. The one has been posted numerous times, but this one hasn't:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Diablo-III-PC-PC-Games/14018467#Specifications

Oh god, can't they invest in hiring some random punk ass middle schooler looking for pocket change to write up a description that actually makes sense. Come on Walmart, try harder...

Microcenter has D3 for $50 if anyone has a MC near them.

That...definitely explains the crackle. So other people can't hear you when you talk if it's not boosted that high?
Correct

thetrin

I remember getting the Diablo 2 CE because it came out like 4 days after my birthday. Fuck yeah late june game releases.

I remember getting the Diablo 2 CE ordered at EB, but the day it came out, I was still studying abroad in London. The day I returned, my parents picked me up from the airport, and surprised me with the game. :D

Battletag list updated. I think I only had to make a few changes though between now and ~1000 posts ago. So if you posted between now and then, check to see if I missed you - I was scrolling through pages quick just scanning for info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom