• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
aA2nS.png

This should be a confirmation that two sockets will be the max amount on chests (I don't really see there being enough room for it). For the guy who wondered :3

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Places you shouldn't be visiting unless you want to get spoiled:

Reddit
All ch's
GameFAQs
WoW trade chat
Youtube comments

I think it's easier to say "The internet, outside of SA and GAF."

Convinced my other half to try the game after showing her some videos, she said she'd play it with me for sure but we'll see for how long. Anyhow, gives me an excuse to keep both CE's preordered. Like a sick, sick consumer should.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm going to be playing mostly with my roommate and my other RL friends, but I promise to play with some gaffers at some point. :)

Zeliard

Ordered this sumbitch yesterday. I was pretty lukewarm on what little I played of the beta but I still can't help but get excited about a new Diablo game.

FinKL

So I found exactly what can be Socketed, it's on the official Game Guide site, but in case anyone was wondering:

Head
Body Armor/Torso
Waist/Belt
Pants??? I remember there being sockets in pants, but the guide says no, maybe the Jeweler can't socket it, but I swear I saw 1 on the auction house in beta
Amulets
Shields

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Latest update on the five people who decided to start camping outside the shop seven days before launch:

"The fans made it through another cold night, but this time with a visit from cops. The store owner felt that they deserved to see the CE. "

Teaser video of the craziness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_DG-OvR3Ms

edited in their "rewards":
#1 in the line: You get the Diablo III CE for free
#2-3 in the line: You get the regular version for free
#1-10 in the line: You get a free D3 t-shirt
#1-15 in the line: You get a secret bonus PC game
#1-100 in the line: You get a free D3 poster

If you cosplay while standing in line, you get a $10 discount on the game.

Ork0l.jpg

QzxGM.jpg

UqgNa.jpg

q0mKn.jpg

scy

Latest update on the five people who decided to start camping outside the shop seven days before launch:

"The fans made it through another cold night, but this time with a visit from cops. The store owner felt that they deserved to see the CE. "

Deserved to ... see it?

Oh come on, they can't play it yet so just give it to them :x

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Im pretty sure this game will explode the internet. I have friends that arent even gamers pre ordering this because of the nostalgia from D2.

Yoshichan

#1 in the line: You get the Diablo III CE for free
#2-3 in the line: You get the regular version for free
#1-10 in the line: You get a free D3 t-shirt
#1-15 in the line: You get a secret bonus PC game
#1-100 in the line: You get a free D3 poster

If you cosplay while standing in line, you get a $10 discount on the game.

Yoshichan

her face?!
Welcome to Sweden, bro. Were you expecting them to look like D3 female barbarians :3
Deserved to ... see it?

Oh come on, they can't play it yet so just give it to them :x
It's a genius strategy from the store-owners part though, they're basically advertising their store (it's a very low-budget, small retail shop).

Megasoum

Banned
That new video is GREAT! I'm already noticing some minor changes to the UI compared to the BETA.

BTW, do we know if we will be able to take out gems? Do they get destroyed in the process?

Yoshichan

Google image "Swedish girls" that is what I expect them to all look like.
:lol @ dat stereotype. Unfortunately this isn't the case anymore, I can't find good looking women here anymore :(

Twinduct

aA2nS.png

This should be a confirmation that two sockets will be the max amount on chests (I don't really see there being enough room for it). For the guy who wondered :3

Slight spoiler, but if you watched the trailer
it looked like the monk had a red gem on his chest (in game model) after he socketed the item, or am I missing something?

Yoshichan

Wow, actually Blizzard themselves heard about the early line they made and gave the store hundreds of Diablo-merchandise. That's pretty awesome of Blizzard!

Svafnir

Finished some more auction house calculators today http://www.d3rmt.com/tools/

Looks like reselling items is gonna be hard (Buy low, sell high) since if you buy an item for $30 you need to sell it for $37 to make $1 profit. But if your trying to resell $30 of gold on the other hand.... you gotta sell it for $42 to make 35 cents in profit. GOD DAMN.

However reselling cheaper $5-10 items isn't as bad.

Thinking I may want a G500 now instead of a G700 (though I still may pick up a G700 eventually).

I'll probably wait until I can get it cheaper though - the price fluctuates and it's been as low as $50. Current lowest is $57 on Newegg. Surprisingly more expensive on Amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom