• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinKL

If it's like Diablo 2, you'll be able to socket helm, weapon, shield, and chest.

I played D2, and I think 4 was the max on things, but I swear I must of seen someone say you can socket Rings/Amulets, but I don't think that's correct.

I'm under the assumption 2 is the max sockets and most pieces can be socket, but it's so close to release I was wondering if anyone knew specifics...

LordCanti

I have no need for the D2 + LOD keys in the CE. I wonder if I can peddle those for a couple bucks.

Tomorrow is going to be the easiest day. I've got a desk to build, a chair to pick out at the furniture store, and computer equipment to set up. Sunday though.....Sunday is going to be rough.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I played D2, and I think 4 was the max on things, but I swear I must of seen someone say you can socket Rings/Amulets, but I don't think that's correct.

I'm under the assumption 2 is the max sockets and most pieces can be socket, but it's so close to release I was wondering if anyone knew specifics...

They honestly haven't said much of anything about the limits or changes to socketing, afaik. I'd love to know otherwise, though.

Thinking about hunting a CE to be able to play Diablo 2 and be in the club.

If you can't get a copy of the CE, you can still buy D2 and LOD off the Blizzard store.

Dresden

Diablo 1 was the first online game for me, as a 5th grader pretending to be fifteen years old.

I think someone gave me Doomplate or whatever for free (dupe probably) and I was hype.

Kyuur

When I was 7 or 8 we had a copy of Diablo 1. I wasn't allowed to play it, but I managed to sneak onto it a couple times. Was good stuff, but the Butcher scared me into never playing it again, haha. Bought Diablo 2 later in my teens and really enjoyed it!

Can hardly wait for the 15th. :)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

I don't think they've confirmed the amount of sockets you can put on gear in Diablo 3, sorry :(

edit: Weapons could be equipped with 6 sockets, and chests with 4.

x-Lundz-x

I know I shouldn't but I am listening to the soundtrack on youtube now. I'll take any form of Diablo I can get until the 15th! Man the music is sooooooo goood.

Kalnos

Banned
I really hope they don't overdo sockets and put them on everything (ala WoW). Gets so annoying having to socket literally every upgrade.

Czigga

14 when D1 hit, was the first game I played online.

Same, I was 15, was first game I played online. Was also first game I ever stayed up all night playing.

Had to wait til night to play online so didn't hog up phone line on modem (lol).

Lombax

Banned
Yeah I was only 11 years old... it feels like yesterday :3

jodHP.gif

sigh I was 23 when it came out.

injurai

Banned
I really hope they don't overdo sockets and put them on everything (ala WoW). Gets so annoying having to socket literally every upgrade.

Or have greys be better than rare drops with sockets. That is the worst offense of D2 Normal. Using grey weapons the whole time.

Haunted

I'm reading the Book of Cain right now and realise that they've made us fight 5 of the 7 Lesser/Prime Evils over the series, along with the inevitable Diablo reincarnation, I don't think Azmodan and Belial are enough to carry this. Interested from where they'll be taking the rest of the bosses.

Comes with a DVD case with the same art though, still isn't close to the box's quality.

The Standard box is essentially a "slipcover" over a standard DVD case. The CE has the same interior DVD case, just not the slipcover.

It isn't really a slipcover as it actually folds in at the top, but not much different.

Would be nice if it came with the CE, as it is quite badass. Maybe when it is cheap (years from now, lol). Or if anybody who would throw the slip out wants to donate to the cause for shipping costs.

injurai

Banned
sigh I was 23 when it came out.

You're still awesome! Anyone that names themselves after Ratchet and Clank gets 1000 bonus points in my book.

I'm reading the Book of Cain right now and realise that they've made us fight 5 of the 7 Lesser/Prime Evils over the series, along with the inevitable Diablo reincarnation, I don't think Azmodan and Belial are enough to carry this. Interested from where they'll be taking the rest of the bosses.

Corrupted D2 heroes... Calling It!!!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

There aren't enough Lesser or Prime Evils left to carry the whole game? I wonder what that means. HINT HINT HINT

Did you ever go back and play D1 and D2 on PC?

Been playing both of them recently, diablo 2 has some nice convenience features. The skill system feels like a bit of a mess though, and kurast is dooooogshit...

There's something compelling about Diablo 1's delving ever deeper into the catacombs beneath a church though. And i got my ass kicked more than i ever did in D2.

Dresden

So um.

I got spoiled on the whole game.

I mean, it was entirely expected and I'd guessed it myself, but still.

Fuck you internet.

LordCanti

Math is suddenly occuring in my head. If I sell Diablo 2 + LOD for $10, then the digital copy for $50...that's the $60 I'd have spent....

Carry the two...

:)

So um.

Fuck you internet.

=/

People...with your theories and your...names of bosses I didn't know yet.

Haunted

There aren't enough Lesser or Prime Evils left to carry the whole game? I wonder what that means. HINT HINT HINT
WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE

Corrupted D2 heroes... Calling It!!!
Yeah, I wonder if they do anything with the classes "as characters" like they did from D1 -> D2. Would be cool.

So um.

Fuck you internet.
That sucks. :/

Just tell us where it was so we can try and avoid.

99%

Same, I was 15, was first game I played online. Was also first game I ever stayed up all night playing.

Had to wait til night to play online so didn't hog up phone line on modem (lol).

wahhaaha i think i payed my dad for the phone use out of my allowance :)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

thetrin

less than 72 hours to go!

I honestly never thought this day would ever come.

I will laugh so hard if Diablo 3 is an elaborate troll, and the E3 + beta builds were all they ever made.

LordCanti

All right, I just watched it. No new CGI-footage but they show off some armor sets, some new locations (including a town), some gems and some news monsters.

Thank you.

I started the day really only knowing the Skeleton King was a boss, and now I know two more boss names. It sounds like I'd know a lot more if I had watched the video.

Yoshichan

Just another reminder for anyone who wants to avoid getting spoiled (it's getting worse the closer we get to the launch day)!
^This script hides all Youtube-comments. There will be spoilers on Youtube so you better to install this script!

This needs to be quotes as-well!
Apparently it's important for people that were in the beta to manually remove some files from their system before installing the full game.

http://blues.incgamers.com/Posts/11/1/47/877/160963/important-uninstall-the-beta

And this!
Just another warning/reminder.

You should really have a blizzard authenticator for this game. Either an IOS/Android version, or the actual physical generator. There's going to be *alot* of hacked accounts, and you don't want to be one of them. Your password, no matter how complex it is, isn't safe.

Yoshichan

Places you shouldn't be visiting unless you want to get spoiled:

Reddit
All ch's
GameFAQs
WoW trade chat
Youtube comments

LordCanti

Places you shouldn't be visiting unless you want to get spoiled:

Reddit
All ch's
GameFAQs
WoW trade chat
Youtube comments

As well as:

Wiki's (This kind of goes for anything. God help you if you venture into a Game of Thrones wiki and you haven't read the books. I assume the same applies for D3)
Related videos on youtube
Neogaf (when someone forgets to spoiler tag their shit. Seriously, if you learned it in the Book of Cain, or in a D3 cinematic, it's probably a spoiler to someone.)

I'm not salty though. I refuse to get salty.

x-Lundz-x

periodic reminder

Just joined.

Is anyone down for making a 4 man team to start playing at launch? I'm looking to play with the same people for a good while after 2AM CST but I do not want to skip anything. I'm not looking to rush through the cutscenes etc.. I want to experience the story.

LordCanti

HOLY, I don't think it has spoilers but that was an awesome hype WTF is Diablo video.

*PvP available post launch

Also, I checked my b.net account and it says I have starter edition, does that mean I play at midnight?

As far as I can tell, yes, it means you can play the beta content at midnight. The details are a little foggy if the level cap is still 13 or not, but what's fairly certain is that you can't get beyond what was in the beta.

Your character -should- carry over into the retail game when you finally get your retail copy.

x-Lundz-x

HOLY, I don't think it has spoilers but that was an awesome hype WTF is Diablo video.

*PvP available post launch

Also, I checked my b.net account and it says I have starter edition, does that mean I play at midnight?

If you pre-ordered the game then yes it means to can go once they flip the go switch. I think it says you have the "Standard" edition though.

injurai

Banned
So I assume steamgroup good way to organize parties? We have an official mumble server for it?

Yup, use the group to organize parties. I should add that to the group description. There is not mumble server for the group, but we do have the GAF mumble server that is in the OT. If you want the group does have a chat room in steam if anyone ever chooses to use it.

FinKL

Awesome! Considering my box doesn't come in until Thursday. Guess I HAVE to bring my laptop with me on vacation Tuesday :D
If you pre-ordered the game then yes it means to can go once they flip the go switch. I think it says you have the "Standard" edition though.
It says Starter Edition

Also, I think I read a spoiler on the Official Diablo III Blizzard forums. It was a THREAD TITLE omg, man this is becoming IMPOSSIBLE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom