• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tunic

GAF - Tunic
Battletag - Tunic#1816
Region - North America
Class - Monk

Completed my digital preorder today and have it downloaded. I am beyond ready!

Wizman23

Banned
Yoshi your excitement and dedication is fucking awesome!! Dumb question but what is the deal with the authenticator? It only asks me for it like once every 10 times I log into SC2 and when I was in the stress test for D3 a few weekends ago I only recall having to type it in 1 time of the 20 or so times I logged in. The only time I ever have to enter it 100% of the time is when I log into battlenet or Wow (which I no longer play).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yoshi your excitement and dedication is fucking awesome!! Dumb question but what is the deal with the authenticator? It only asks me for it like once every 10 times I log into SC2 and when I was in the stress test for D3 a few weekends ago I only recall having to type it in 1 time of the 20 or so times I logged in. The only time I ever have to enter it 100% of the time is when I log into battlenet or Wow (which I no longer play).
JVUaQ.gif

The authenticator only requires you to type the code in like once a week or something (unless you log onto another computer)!

Revoh

So many of you probably know my series of videos cataloging the story of Diablo 1 and 2.

Just thought I'd brag a bit. My series comes up on the first page anytime you type "diablo story"! Plus I also find it kind of funny that even though I almost always post the series as the playlist I setup for it, like 5-6 people have essentially remade that playlist, lol.

I'm watching all your videos now; got the link from reddit a few days ago and suscribed right away. Diablo III will be my first Diablo game so your videos are a great resource for me.
Thanks!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
JVUaQ.gif

The authenticator only requires you to type the code in like once a week or something (unless you log onto another computer)!

You can require it to authenticate every time you log in.

You just have to turn the option on.

ShaneB

So many of you probably know my series of videos cataloging the story of Diablo 1 and 2.

Just thought I'd brag a bit. My series comes up on the first page anytime you type "diablo story"! Plus I also find it kind of funny that even though I almost always post the series as the playlist I setup for it, like 5-6 people have essentially remade that playlist, lol.

Yeah, terrific work on these. I mentioned it ages ago in the thread, but the amount of new players to Diablo is astounding to me, so these "story" resources are certainly popular.

I just figured out that on launch day, I have to go to work. Servers are up at 5pm in Aus (I finish work at 4.30) and I can install the game anytime from 1am earlier that day! sweet!

Xdrive05

You can require it to authenticate every time you log in.

You just have to turn the option on.

I thought that was the default? Or I must have set it up that way.

Anyway, it's a good system to do it every time. Not at all invasive and should be extremely secure.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm going to make a hardcore character just to kill it as fast as possible.
I heard you can't die in this game though! I'm basing this on the beta! Any truth to this?!

scy

I thought that was the default? Or I must have set it up that way.

Anyway, it's a good system to do it every time. Not at all invasive and should be extremely secure.

Yeah, it honestly doesn't seem too bad unless we're talking about losing connection multiple times in a row sort of things.

Yoshichan

Hammer, hammer, hammer, hammer, hammer ♥ Like a true boss, vilmer_ :3

IllumiNate

This game is gonna be HUGE! This and DOTA 2 are all I need this year. No need to upgrade my PC until next year, will stick with my 2x GTX 460's SLI

Yoshichan

Man, I forgot how small the D2 inventory was.
It's not the inventory being small, it's the loot taking like 6 spots each! So ridiculous :_:

zlatko

Banned
This your first time watching GoT? It's currently my favorite show on TV. Nothing compares.

Yes I'm on episode 3 of season 1.

My favorite show of all time is Lost, so it has a lot to do to overcome it.

I clicked on that image above and proceeded to go from 6 o clock to midnight.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
It's not the inventory being small, it's the loot taking like 6 spots each! So ridiculous :_:

Didn't help that you had to carry charms and books, too! In LoD it was pretty much like you only had enough room to hold 3-4 items.

HenryHSH

I only had 6 squares and that's after I threw away some charms that I REALLY wanted to keep. :(

I'm so glad they decided to go ahead with the web stuff. When asked during blizzcon whether they would do something similar to Armory for Diablo, they said they didn't have any plans to. So happy they did it anyway!
3AQmK.gif

Yoshichan

<3

The Blessed Hammer will forever be at one with my soul. It's been so long, I wonder why I was rockin' the Wiz spike instead of the Hoto :p
Are you playing 1.13 :3? You're a true dedicated hammerdin if you're still using them in 1.13!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Going through some ancient screenshots, I can't wait to feel the joys of a fat facking Diablo loot drop again.

Dude you have no idea. I'm so hyped for that moment when I first see a set or legendary item drop. I'm gonna rip both of my arms off at the same time, fuck physics.

scy

Dude you have no idea. I'm so hyped for that moment when I first see a set or legendary item drop. I'm gonna rip both of my arms off at the same time, fuck physics.

Shit, I'll probably have that reaction just opening my CE for the key.

hitsugi

GAF - Hitsugi
Battletag - IplayDiablo3#1212
Region - North America
Class - Wizard

For the record, my first D2 account name was IplayDiablo2, so I felt the need to keep tradition going.

Unicorn

A local radio DJ who does some dumb voicemail thing (when he isn't busy spouting memes by the mouthful or talking about how pathetic he is) where people call in to say random shit and one guy called in, started to say "Diablo 3 comes out..." but the guy deleted it and made some quip along the lines of, "Gauntlet is the only Gauntlet worth playing."

I have never felt so compelled to call a advertising radio station to call the DJ out on misinformation.

I only had 6 squares and that's after I threw away some charms that I REALLY wanted to keep. :(

I'm so glad they decided to go ahead with the web stuff. When asked during blizzcon whether they would do something similar to Armory for Diablo, they said they didn't have any plans to. So happy they did it anyway!
3AQmK.gif

I think it was implied that they just hadn't really worked on it much or at all at that point. It was always expected there would be an armory/web interface.

Yoshichan

Oh God, you know that feeling you get when you haven't eaten in 18+ hours and you take a bite from a sandwich filled with delicious stuff? Yeah, that feeling.

Soooooooo good.

Yoshichan

When I get my first legendary drop I'm gonna take a screen shot and frame it in my room.
This is fucking genius, I wouldn't have thought about this! Thank you so much, I will do this for sure :3
You haven't eaten in 18+ hours o_O?
Hazaro usually tells me when I should go and eat but he's away for 48 hours so we should be lucky I'm eating anything at all!

vilmer_

Are you playing 1.13 :3? You're a true dedicated hammerdin if you're still using them in 1.13!

Sadly I hadn't logged on for a little while before 1.13 came out and all my toons were wiped, I started a new Paladin at the time, but I was deep into WoW mode :(

Yoshichan

I was looking at the armory-screenshots and I remember seeing these bars in the beta:

oSm5n.png

Do we know how to actually "fill" the bars? Is it like, you max out one barat 100 hours played or something? I don't remember how it was in the beta for some reason...
Sadly I hadn't logged on for a little while before 1.13 came out and all my toons were wiped, I started a new Paladin at the time, but I was deep into WoW mode :(
It's okay! I still love all my fellow hdins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom