• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Working on this Melee DH build - the idea is to have a lot of PBAoE attacks go off around you while you melee the fuck out of shit with a good ass one hander.

I plan on building up Dex for Dodge and Str for Armor first, then Int for Resists.

In my mind, I'm imagining a whirlwind (literally) of attacks centered on my character.

A second option to the Impale attack I'm looking at is the Shuriken and the rune that makes a cloud of them surround you, but 30% Weapon Damage might be too low.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#UZgdhl!bTX!ZYYcZY

There's the build.

You know you can just swap skills and stuff around whenever you want, right?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Can I just like, close the downloader when it's done? It says it finished but the main button still says cancel.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I downloaded the authenticator and it works fine... then I read this:

Can I use a Battle.net Mobile Authenticator and a Battle.net Authenticator at the same time?
You can only have one authenticator attached to a Battle.net account at any given time.

Fuck this bullshit. WHY BLIZZARD, WHY?!?!?!

Ainaurdur

Why rage when we can actually play the game :lol

Ok, you are right. Guess the scenario was talking about the future in a time that we will already have the game. And surely we will be playing!

I am still a little stuck here in the present, in a moment where I do not have the game. So... hypehypehype.

injurai

Banned
I downloaded the authenticator and it works fine... then I read this:

Can I use a Battle.net Mobile Authenticator and a Battle.net Authenticator at the same time?
You can only have one authenticator attached to a Battle.net account at any given time.

Fuck this bullshit. WHY BLIZZARD, WHY?!?!?!

Probably for security reasons. Imagine if a hacker added an authenticator or something.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Probably for security reasons. Imagine if a hacker added an authenticator or something.
But to add another authenticator, you need to type in the (original) owners authenticator code twice! It's like, what the heck man!

satori

edit: wait, please tell me you can have both the physical and mobile authenticator activated simultaneously?

Nope I'm sure you can only have one. Make sense from a security standpoint. If they allow multiples, hackers can just associated a key to your acct.

Yoshichan

Well, I guess I'll just stick to my physical authenticator... fml.
? Why don't you just remove your physical authenticator and use the Android version?
I don't walk around carrying my phone with me all the time :( Same thing with my physical authenticator... if I would've been able to use both though...

Just another reminder for anyone who wants to avoid getting spoiled (it's getting worse the closer we get to the launch day)!
^This script hides all Youtube-comments. There will be spoilers on Youtube so you better to install this script!

This needs to be quotes as-well!
Apparently it's important for people that were in the beta to manually remove some files from their system before installing the full game.

http://blues.incgamers.com/Posts/11/1/47/877/160963/important-uninstall-the-beta

And this!
Just another warning/reminder.

You should really have a blizzard authenticator for this game. Either an IOS/Android version, or the actual physical generator. There's going to be *alot* of hacked accounts, and you don't want to be one of them. Your password, no matter how complex it is, isn't safe.

FatalT

Banned
525137_3222947048899_1123143824_32594670_112330330_n.jpg

What if I don't want to click the OK button?! Dammit Tuesday, hurry up! I have clicking that needs to be done and this mouse needs to be worn out!

Yoshichan

What if I don't want to click the OK button?! Dammit Tuesday, hurry up! I have clicking that needs to be done and this mouse needs to be worn out!
Remember what happens to the Cathedral?

Yeah, the same thing is gonna happen to your house.

Realyn

Working on this Melee DH build - the idea is to have a lot of PBAoE attacks go off around you while you melee the fuck out of shit with a good ass one hander.

I plan on building up Dex for Dodge and Str for Armor first, then Int for Resists.

In my mind, I'm imagining a whirlwind (literally) of attacks centered on my character.

A second option to the Impale attack I'm looking at is the Shuriken and the rune that makes a cloud of them surround you, but 30% Weapon Damage might be too low.

There's the build.
Really don't think that will work :/. I would change it to 3 offensive/3 defensiv spells. I also doubt Grenades will be good a hatred builder.

forrest

formerly nacire

There's the build.

You could mix in Caltrops (Bait the Trap) and Numbing Traps passive. I'd probably replace Rain of Vengeance and the Vengeance passive to do so. Could be fun either way.

forrest

formerly nacire
Really don't think that will work :/. I would change it to 3 offensive/3 defensiv spells. I also doubt Grenades will be good a hatred builder.

Pretty sure Grenades runed with Tinkerer then paired with the Grenadier passive are the largest hatred generated the Demon Hunter has.

*sorry double post

Yoshichan

Black magic bars our way.

But the WILL OF A TEMPLAR is STRONGER!
I never thought one event could become so inconsistently glitchy :lol Here's a compilation of all the bugs I've encountered for this event since the start of beta:

1. He gave no loot
2. The templar didn't make the final strike (thus not letting you progress the game unless you restarted the game)
3. "BUT THE WILL OF A TEMPLAR IS STRONGER"-sound file stopped working
4. You could get the final hit on Jondar, allowing the templar to... well, just stand there
5. Once the templar hits the spikes right after Jondar, it caused computers to crash

Ridiculous :3

Yoshichan

So I play Street Fighter 4 with my balls out on my stick.

Curious if I can play Diablo 3 with my tip on my mousepad.
Holy crap, that's aggressive XD

Is that an actual "texture"-feeling on the cover? It seems like it! Can anyone confirm please :3

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Holy crap, that's aggressive XD

Is that an actual "texture"-feeling on the cover? It seems like it! Can anyone confirm please :3

I would confirm, but I'm afraid of removing the shrink wrap from my mine, lol

Yoshichan

I would confirm, but I'm afraid of removing the shrink wrap from my mine, lol
God damn it Zealous, just do it! Why wouldn't you?! ♥

Im so glad I live in Alaska. Get to play at 11pm. Im planning on sleeping as soon as I get home from work, then playing at 11 to 7 am, then go to work again. Dunno how I'll pull it off, but I'm amassing the coffee.

Ainaurdur

Guess I'd better go back to thinking of character names again since they will be internet viewable. Even any potential joke characters may show up there? Some player profiles are going to be... interesting to see.

Yoshichan

Fuck it. Going through this thread, I realized that so many people on GAF are rocking dual monitor-setup and I want to be part of that awesomeness... so which monitor should I be getting? I don't care about the input lag or anything like that, I just want a regular, slick-looking, 21" screen within a reasonable price-tag :3 Anyone?

ShaneB

Guess I'd better go back to thinking of character names again since they will be internet viewable. Even any potential joke characters may show up there? Some player profiles are going to be... interesting to see.

All of my characters will have the same name with slight variation. Makes things easier :p

Has anyone seen Walmart.com's Diablo III description?
http://www.walmart.com/ip/19237343

The Diablo III PC/Mac Game revolves around an interesting plot which will keep you spell bound. while you are playing. This Strategy Video Game also has some similar setting as the Diablo II like Tristram. The Witch Doctor is a new character in this game, is reminiscent of the Diablo II Necromancer, The Barbarians in this strategy video game have a variety of revamped skills at their disposal on the basis of the use of their incredible physical prowess. Bring home the PC video game to solve the mysteries of the mighty Barbarians.

Diablo III PC/Mac Game:
  • The Witch Doctor is a new character reminiscent of the Diablo II Necromancer
  • The Barbarians will have a variety of revamped skills at their disposal based on the use of their incredible physical prowess.
  • 1-on-1' dueling system coming into play.

WTF!?

injurai

Banned
Fuck it. Going through this thread, I realized that so many people on GAF are rocking dual monitor-setup and I want to be part of that awesomeness... so which monitor should I be getting? I don't care about the input lag or anything like that, I just want a regular, slick-looking, 21" screen within a reasonable price-tag :3 Anyone?

DO IT, it's fucking amazing!!!

My desk can only hold 1 monitor... Damn corner desk. :(

Does anyone have a tips or guides for a complete newbie like me? I've never played Diablo II, and played the beta for 2 hours or so. I just want to be prepared as possible so I don't sound like a complete ignorant fool when I start recording and commentating =P

scy

lewtmulez01 - lewtmulez09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom