• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

IllumiNate

ZOMG I just watched the overview videos for the classes for the first time! THIS GAME.. OH MY LAWD

If I didnt make so much $$ at my job I'd be calling in sick!! Long weekend can't get here soon enough

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That profile pic is fucking glorious. Oh man, hype is reaching all new levels.
It's not just super easy to find the stuff you're looking for, but it's also very slick. The contrast and sharpness is perfect!

edit: bump for the new page :3
I was looking at the armory-screenshots and I remember seeing these bars in the beta:

oSm5n.png

Do we know how to actually "fill" the bars? Is it like, you max out one barat 100 hours played or something? I don't remember how it was in the beta for some reason...

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
GUYS THIS IS THE LAST FRIDAY NIGHT THAT I WONT BE PLAYING DIABLO 3, I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M GONNA DO OTHER THAN MAKE THIS FACE IF PEOPLE WANT ME TO GO OUT NEXT WEEKEND

tumblr_lvv7nkg1Mg1qemz6qo1_500.gif

I tremble at the thought of not eating anything for 18 hours..

But this game is gonna make me do it ;_;

I can sort of forget to eat sometimes if I'm really engrossed in something, including games. It's not necessarily that I don't know I'm hungry, but just sort of ignore it and subconsciously say I'll eat later.

scy

GUYS THIS IS THE LAST FRIDAY NIGHT THAT I WONT BE PLAYING DIABLO 3, I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M GONNA DO OTHER THAN MAKE THIS FACE IF PEOPLE WANT ME TO GO OUT NEXT WEEKEND

tumblr_lvv7nkg1Mg1qemz6qo1_500.gif

I felt awkward telling people that next weekend is just not going to happen :x

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I really hate when I forget to bring my physical authenticator with me... I really want the authenticator-thing on my phone but it doesn't work on Samsung Galaxy S (the one that's almost two years old) right :(?

zlatko

Banned
I fart in the general direction of anyone who wants to disturb me after Tuesday night.

I give not a fuck about anything anyone has to say for a week solid.

"Zlatko, I'm pregnant and it's yours."

"Cool story. Gaming. We'll talk about the spawn of Satan in a week."

-Mikey-

Yoshi, in the beta the bars were wonky. I played a demon hunter for 2 hours and it said my time played was 50+ hours. I also believe it's more like a bar graph of sorts. The more time you spend on a toon, the longer the bar will be.

Yoshichan

I fart in the general direction of anyone who wants to disturb me after Tuesday night.

I give not a fuck about anything anyone has to say for a week solid.

"Zlatko, I'm pregnant and it's yours."

"Cool story. Gaming. We'll talk about the spawn of Satan in a week."
So you're basically telling me I shouldn't inform you about our baby next week :(. Okay fine, I won't...

I was looking at the armory-screenshots and I remember seeing these bars in the beta:

oSm5n.png

Do we know how to actually "fill" the bars? Is it like, you max out one barat 100 hours played or something? I don't remember how it was in the beta for some reason...

It's okay! I still love all my fellow hdins!

They're probably proportional. Your most played class would be full, and all of the others would be adjusted based on that.

Yoshichan

Yoshi, in the beta the bars were wonky. I played a demon hunter for 2 hours and it said my time played was 50+ hours. I also believe it's more like a bar graph of sorts. The more time you spend on a toon, the longer the bar will be.
Yeah now I remember that those bars were messed up in the beta... but yeah there must be a "cap" to when you actually fill the bar completely. I'm wondering how many hours that requires though :3

theta11

It's not just super easy to find the stuff you're looking for, but it's also very slick. The contrast and sharpness is perfect!

edit: bump for the new page :3

It may be proportionate where a full bar would be a equal to your highest played class and to fill all 5 classes you'd need to play all 5 evenly... maybe?

Yoshichan

They're probably proportional. Your most played class would be full, and all of the others would be adjusted based on that.
This makes sense, so if this was the case then would it work like this:

Barbarian: 100 hours (completely filled bar)
Witch doctor: 25 hours (25% filled)
Monk: 10 hours (10% filled)

etc?

etc?

That's the most likely scenario. I have no idea if it ever actually worked that well.

theta11

etc?

That's how it would work if it were proportionate, yeah.

EDIT: Beated twice in 1 page. :(

Yoshichan

That's the most likely scenario. I have no idea if it ever actually worked that well.
Yeah but how would it work otherwise? I mean, if you could fill all the bars then it would just look ridiculous :p I would rather prefer it being the way you explained it!

Damnit, can you find the LE guide anywhere still? My amazon order didn't ship and it is now in the "Sign up and we'll auto-notify you" on the product page. Last time this happened they'd oversold the LE guide of Dark Souls and I didn't get the one I'd pre-ordered.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
When does the review embargo lift for this? Monday, or Tuesday?

Honestly, I'd be very surprised if we got any reviews earlier than late Tuesday evening. I doubt the press is getting any early access for this.

I mean really, does anybody not know what to expect here? When have reviews on Blizzard games ever been a surprise?

~Kinggi~

Banned
game could get a 0 and i wouldnt give shits. I'd only care if it was functionally broken or something. Id be more interested in what type of lynching the reviewer would get.

satori

I really hate when I forget to bring my physical authenticator with me... I really want the authenticator-thing on my phone but it doesn't work on Samsung Galaxy S (the one that's almost two years old) right :(?

Hey I have that phone and the authenticator works just fine.

Right, I remember them doing something similar with Starcraft 2, not allowing anyone to play until launch day. And yeah, I expect nothing but quality from Blizzard.

Yoshichan

Hey I have that phone and the authenticator works just fine.
Really?! Oh my God, I remember checking it out a year ago and it didn't work out... I'm gonna be so happy if it works! Gonna check it out right now~

edit: wait, please tell me you can have both the physical and mobile authenticator activated simultaneously?

Kalnos

Banned
Honestly, I'd be very surprised if we got any reviews earlier than late Tuesday evening. I doubt the press is getting any early access for this.

I mean really, does anybody not know what to expect here? When have reviews on Blizzard games ever been a surprise?

Starcraft 2 was released on July 27th and the IGN review was on August 3rd, so I'd wager this is correct.

scy

game could get a 0 and i wouldnt give shits. I'd only care if it was functionally broken or something. Id be more interested in what type of lynching the reviewer would get.

The Diablo III box would have to implode before I cared, really.

Ashodin

Working on this Melee DH build - the idea is to have a lot of PBAoE attacks go off around you while you melee the fuck out of shit with a good ass one hander.

I plan on building up Dex for Dodge and Str for Armor first, then Int for Resists.

In my mind, I'm imagining a whirlwind (literally) of attacks centered on my character.

A second option to the Impale attack I'm looking at is the Shuriken and the rune that makes a cloud of them surround you, but 30% Weapon Damage might be too low.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#UZgdhl!bTX!ZYYcZY

There's the build.

Really?! Oh my God, I remember checking it out a year ago and it didn't work out... I'm gonna be so happy if it works! Gonna check it out right now~

edit: wait, please tell me you can have both the physical and mobile authenticator activated simultaneously?

I think that info is on battle.net's security page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom