• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Does anyone have a tips or guides for a complete newbie like me? I've never played Diablo II, and played the beta for 2 hours or so. I just want to be prepared as possible so I don't sound like a complete ignorant fool when I start recording and commentating =P
If you're gonna record and commentate everything on your first playthrough then you're going to sound like a "noob", no matter how much you've studied the game :3 Just make sure to turn on "Elective mode" in the interface options so that you can experiment as much as you want with the runes. That'll be a good start!

Ainaurdur

Hey, this looks like something that could entertain me while I wait for Diablo III!

TFkCI.jpg

Requi.jpg

VY0CS.jpg

6ayop.jpg

Oh... nevermind T_T

Great timing Yoshi. I started smiling at the second picture and burst into laughter by the fourth.

scy

How can you tell if it can handle more than two monitors? I honestly don't know shit about these things :(

I'm on it! I just need some answers and I'll buy one asap!

Size of the desk mainly. I like my two monitors (HP 2509b) but they're glossy TNs so a lot of people don't like them vs getting good IPS ones.

injurai

Banned
How can you tell if it can handle more than two monitors? I honestly don't know shit about these things :(

I'm on it! I just need some answers and I'll buy one asap!

Handle as in hardware wise? First thing would be to check your graphics card as you will be running multiple resolutions.

You should try to get one with the same size and res as your current monitor, my second however is a bit smaller but it works just fine.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You should try to get one with the same size and res as your current monitor, my second however is a bit smaller but it works just fine.
Okay so the plan is to ruin both monitors at 1080p... does this mean my computer will have to work twice as much (to be able to render both monitors at 1080p)?

Phloxy

Thanks btw for the Wal-mart heads up, bought it for my gf, really was hoping to have it in time for her bday on Tuesday, just have to wait an extra week though.

Yoshichan

Hey, the barbarians had a lot of mysteriousities in D2 act 5! It was all about that mystic!

I think Diablo III looks amazing, but I can't get into those games because I click a fucking mouse all day at work so I don't feel like doing it again on my off time.

I'm not asking for a gamepad version though, I understand that would be sacrilege. So I'll just stand aside and let people enjoy their already-legendary new game. I'll peep at some Let's Plays for sure.

injurai

Banned
Okay so the plan is to ruin both monitors at 1080p... does this mean my computer will have to work twice as much (to be able to render both monitors at 1080p)?

To an extent yes. But just using you idle desktop is no big deal. With only two monitors you will probably still be using only one for you game which shouldn't eat up too much GPU power.

what are your specs?

squidyj

Going through some ancient screenshots, I can't wait to feel the joys of a fat facking Diablo loot drop again.

PMzIK.jpg

The only question I have is... are the rings SoJs? or are they nagels for MF? I'm guessing SOJs just looking at your inventory.

actually 2 questions. Tals is phat lewt?

Yoshichan

I think Diablo III looks amazing, but I can't get into those games because I click a fucking mouse all day at work so I don't feel like doing it again on my off time.

I'm not asking for a gamepad version though, I understand that would be sacrilege. So I'll just stand aside and let people enjoy their already-legendary new game. I'll peep at some Let's Plays for sure.
You can change the control scheme so that you move with a button on the keyboard instead :3 That way you only have to aim the cursor at the direction you want to go, then press the button to start running. Might want to bind all important skills to 1234 as-well, that way you'll barely ever have to click (until you want to loot stuff).

Yoshichan

To an extent yes. But just using you idle desktop is no big deal. With only two monitors you will probably still be using only one for you game which shouldn't eat up too much GPU power.

what are your specs?
Okay so if I'm understanding this right, I can have Youtube + GAF on the second monitor and Diablo 3 on the first monitor and it shouldn't hog too much of my computer power?

i5 2.67GHz
8GB RAM
Geforce GTX 560ti

I really appreciate your help, thanks!

Junie12

Thank god I don't work tomorrow because with the long ass nap I took a while ago it's impossible for me to sleep tonight..

So I'm gonna marathon a LP of the first Diabo game to get me hype up!

injurai

Banned
Okay so if I'm understanding this right, I can have Youtube + GAF on the second monitor and Diablo 3 on the first monitor and it shouldn't hog too much of my computer power?

i5 2.67GHz
8GB RAM
Geforce GTX 560ti

I really appreciate your help, thanks!

You out spec me and I have absolutely no problem at all.

Realyn

Uhm no. You might ask about the power thing if you had a Athlon64 or some crazy shit. What exactly is your cpu?

But there is one thing, if you are using firefox, be aware that 10+ youtube flash tabs take some ram away. It is still no problem at all with your 8 gb tho. Just check the task manager from time to time.

vilmer_

The only question I have is... are the rings SoJs? or are they nagels for MF? I'm guessing SOJs just looking at your inventory.

actually 2 questions. Tals is phat lewt?

It was two SoJ's at the time if i'm not mistaken. And that Tal armor was so rare it dropped probably 3 times in 5 years :p

Yoshichan

You out spec me and I have absolutely no problem at all.
Fuck yes, this makes me even more hyped! All right so it will run good, now to find an actual decent monitor...
Uhm no. You might ask about the power thing if you had a Athlon64 or some crazy shit. What exactly is your cpu?
I have no idea how I'm supposed to check that out and I don't know what Athlon64 is :/

Realyn

Fuck yes, this makes me even more hyped! All right so it will run good, now to find an actual decent monitor...

I have no idea how I'm supposed to check that out and I don't know what Athlon64 is :/

It is an old cpu structure, nevermind ;). Go Control Panel > System and you will find the cpu. It's not important ... just was curious.
You are safe with your settings for some crazy multitabbing, no worries.

injurai

Banned
Well guys, another day down. I think I'm going to head to bed, need to get up early and go running. It's been forever since I have ran so I'm not really looking forward to it. Gotta go fast!!!

scy

Well guys, another day down. I think I'm going to head to bed, need to get up early and go running. It's been forever since I have ran so I'm not really looking forward to it. Gotta go fast!!!

Every day seems to take longer and longer... :(

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member

Can you use a wacom tablet and pen at work? Thats what i do

Just tried my diablo 2 account because it was installed on my computer still. My Hammerdin is insane! I have like 8 ber runes in my inventory. To bad it got switched to non-ladder :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom