• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tess3ract

Banned
so you are the other chick?
emot-iceburn.gif

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Holy crap :lol I'm outa here!
WJgDk.gif

Nicko

I rarely go on Youtube (or post on NeoGAF for that matter), yet I can't stop from watching DIII youtube vids and posting random thoughts on this thread....

I can feel the life grinding, relationship straining, work compromising obsession setting in... I am concerned for all of the other important things in my life... things I care deeply about... yet I can't....stop....the hype...

GIVE ME DIABLO III NOW!!! Gosh... 4 days seems like an eternity...

When was the last time someone else felt this kind of attention grabbing hype for something? I feel like it's been since last Diablo for me...

Cipherr

Meh, walmart online has the CE up, so I just ordered one with their fastest delivery and it said something like by the 21st. Not sure if I want to cancel and refund my digital copy and merely be a week late to the game in order to save money or not. Seems like a pretty big fucking waste of $60. I could buy SC2 with that, lol.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
When was the last time someone else felt this kind of attention grabbing hype for something? I feel like it's been since last Diablo for me...
Yeah there has only been a few games that have reached the amount of hype I have for Diablo 3 right now... those are the following:

Diablo II: Lord of Destruction (2001)
Doom 3 (2004)
Half-Life 2 (2004)
Metal Gear Solid 4 (2009)
Dark Souls (2011)

That's five (six if you include D3) games in 12 years... Jesus Christ.

Svafnir

Yeah there has been only a few games that I've hyped as much as Diablo 3... those are the following:

Diablo II: Lord of Destruction (2001)
Doom 3 (2004)
Half-Life 2 (2004)
Metal Gear Solid 4 (2009)
Dark Souls (2011)

That's five (six if you include D3) games in 12 years... Jesus Christ.

Let's not talk about half life.... It's the "3rd" version of a game I want more than d3.

RetroMG

Preorder Cancelled.

I was looking for a game that would keep me spellbound. when I am not playing.

God, these last few days can't go by fast enough.

Yoshichan

Let's not talk about half life.... It's the "3rd" version of a game I want more than d3.
Shit was crazy man... I remember HL2 being released around the time when I finished 9th grade... we took a class photo and everyone were dressed in classy suits, except for me. Of course, I had to be equipped with a red crowbar in my right hand and the "Raising the Bar"-book in my left hand.

Shit was crazy man... I remember HL2 being released around the time when I finished 9th grade... we took a class photo and everyone was dressed in classy clothes, except for me. Of course, I had to be equipped with a red crowbar on my right hand and the "Raising the Bar"-book on my left hand.

The good thing about Alyx cosplay is that her clothes don't look too out of place in a school picture.

Yoshichan

Internet infrastructure will improve greatly by 2020; no worries about crashes then!
Ugh, I see what you did there...

Reclaimer

I'd like to play on my HDTV sitting on my couch. I already have my PC hooked up, but I've never played a mouse/keyboard game at the couch. Mouse/keyboard has been reserved strictly for my nice computer desk.

So what do you all do? Pull up a table? Map a controller? I'd love to get something comfortable set up for my living room, and I just don't see a controller working out for this one.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I'd like to play on my HDTV sitting on my couch. I already have my PC hooked up, but I've never played a mouse/keyboard game at the couch. Mouse/keyboard has been reserved strictly for my nice computer desk.

So what do you all do? Pull up a table? Map a controller? I'd love to get something comfortable set up for my living room, and I just don't see a controller working out for this one.

Use your penis to hold the balance the keyboard, it will be erect while playing Diablo

Realyn

Most of you guys still around at this time have read that before ... but:

I'm planing on streaming my HC first playthrough.
I won't comment every single minion death with a "fuck, take that !!11" joke ... I think thats pretty lame. I'll just play the game, play some good music and enjoy myself.
Really don't care about the i-net fame. I got really lucky oc'ing my 2500k to 4,9 aircooled and have no drop in perfomance streaming ... so yeah, why not?
Most people have to work the next day or have to wait for their edition to arrive and might be glad and tune in.

Allready asked at incgamers and diablofans and they allowed me to post it there too. Let's see if someone cares :d.
So yeah, if some of you US guys don't care about spoiling the game abit ... feel invited to have a look too :).

Realyn

Try to find a comfortable setup. Fail. Order some like that: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41MOPhsvqKL.jpg . Fail again. Get back to your desk.

Yoshichan

Most of you guys still around at this time have read that before ... but:

I'm planing on streaming my HC first playthrough.
I won't comment every single minion death with a "fuck, take that !!11" joke ... I think thats pretty lame. I'll just play the game, play some good music and enjoy myself.
Really don't care about the i-net fame. I got really lucky oc'ing my 2500k to 4,9 aircooled and have no drop in perfomance streaming ... so yeah, why not?
Most people have to work the next day or have to wait for their edition to arrive and might be glad and tune in.

Allready asked at incgamers and diablofans and they allowed me to post it there too. Let's see if someone cares :d.
So yeah, if some of you US guys don't care about spoiling the game abit ... feel invited to have a look too :).
A couple of questions.

1. When are you going to do it? Are you planning on tackling hardcore as soon as you can?
2. What resolution will you stream at?
3. Will you have vods uploaded?

I'd love to check out vods of HC playthroughs someday.

abuC

http://www.shinyhacks.com/2010/09/review-dave-from-ikea-in-depth-look.html#more

Realyn

Well, starting at the EU midnight release. I'll simply let the stream run whenever I play.
Most vods are up for 2(?) weeks > http://www.twitch.tv/realyyn .I could stream at 1080p without lags, but you can only take one resolution without being a partner :/. So 480p or 720p.

Damn, the GW2 Vods just disappeared. They looked damn nice in 1080p.

Yoshichan

What happened to Tyraels wings in that picture? He looks like the average angel-Joe with those :3

Svafnir

Do what I did :)

http://www.d3rmt.com/anuiran/116/playing-diablo-3-with-a-ps3-controller/

Unless you are a caster, then playing with a controller won't work very well! But you would be surprised how well it works with melee classes, the video does not give the best representation due to the fact I had to hold the controller weirdly to film it. But it was surprisingly fun and easy. I was able to dodge attacks, attack, pick up and run around all super smoothly. Had pretty much everything key binded, gonna work on it more once D3 is actually out.

Yoshichan

Yeah but I think it still looks ok.
It certainly does! It's his art, he can do whatever he wants with it :)
Well, starting at the EU midnight release. I'll simply let the stream run whenever I play.
Most vods are up for 2(?) weeks > http://www.twitch.tv/realyyn .I could stream at 1080p without lags, but you can only take one resolution without being a partner :/. So 480p or 720p.
Thanks!

I think Diablo III looks amazing, but I can't get into those games because I click a fucking mouse all day at work so I don't feel like doing it again on my off time.

I'm not asking for a gamepad version though, I understand that would be sacrilege. So I'll just stand aside and let people enjoy their already-legendary new game. I'll peep at some Let's Plays for sure.

yeah, because YOU alone are the only person that uses a mouse at their work place. Clicking cells on a spreadsheet or clicking between documents is analogous to clicking to strike enemies or move around the game world..

Sort of a silly reason not to play a game. It's like saying, "I watch TV a lot, why should stay on the couch and continue to stare at that TV while I use my console?"

Yoshichan

Aaaand one last time before sleep + work! G'night guys :3 !

=============================

Just another reminder for anyone who wants to avoid getting spoiled (it's getting worse the closer we get to the launch day)!
^This script hides all Youtube-comments. There will be spoilers on Youtube so you better to install this script!

This needs to be quotes as-well!
Apparently it's important for people that were in the beta to manually remove some files from their system before installing the full game.

http://blues.incgamers.com/Posts/11/1/47/877/160963/important-uninstall-the-beta

And this!
Just another warning/reminder.

You should really have a blizzard authenticator for this game. Either an IOS/Android version, or the actual physical generator. There's going to be *alot* of hacked accounts, and you don't want to be one of them. Your password, no matter how complex it is, isn't safe.

Velocity

Do what I did :)

http://www.d3rmt.com/anuiran/116/playing-diablo-3-with-a-ps3-controller/

Unless you are a caster, then playing with a controller won't work very well! But you would be surprised how well it works with melee classes, the video does not give the best representation due to the fact I had to hold the controller weirdly to film it. But it was surprisingly fun and easy. I was able to dodge attacks, attack, pick up and run around all super smoothly. Had pretty much everything key binded, gonna work on it more once D3 is actually out.

I'm not sold on a PS3 controller for Diablo, but if you get it working with a Wii remote then I'd be all over that concept.

Teknoman

So we'll really need authenticators? I mean are things that much worse than when DII was still the most recent entry? I've never had my Diablo I or II accounts hacked.

Then again, neither were online 100% of the time.

Yoshichan

ibaQWJ31xmsYWs.jpg

You just cant escape it, can you?
HOLY TITS! I had to comment on this from my phone but this shit is starting to scare me. Like what the hell :lol?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom