• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we'll really need authenticators? I mean are things that much worse than when DII was still the most recent entry? I've never had my Diablo I or II accounts hacked.

Then again, neither were online 100% of the time.

Blizzard has a feature where their authentication server will remember your IP, so it'll only ask you for your authenticator key every 1-2 weeks (or your computer will sense the one day of the week your phone/key is away from your computer, and it'll ask you for it precisely then).

Thanks, one cool leftover was that the beta preferences file is likely to carry over so the majority of tweaking should be already done. It's in documents.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wiimote control just ... doesn't seem like it'd work all that well.
I dunno man! Waggle to the left for Blizzard, to the right for meteor, upwards for teleport and downwards for frost nova? Sounds like a genius idea to me :3

Svafnir

Blizzard has a feature where their authentication server will remember your IP, so it'll only ask you for your authenticator key every 1-2 weeks (or your computer will sense the one day of the week your phone/key is away from your computer, and it'll ask you for it precisely then).

Best change blizzard ever did, was annoying having to re-enter it everytime I wanted to log into wow/sc2

I'm upset at amazon :(

i changed the address on my order and now i cant have releases date delivery. so i wont get my CE until the 17th now

*cuts self* 2 whole days!

You remember that image I posted before with the bottles of Monster?

Well...

XIOwO.jpg

They still make gushers!? I was totally looking for those a couple weeks back.

I'd like to play on my HDTV sitting on my couch. I already have my PC hooked up, but I've never played a mouse/keyboard game at the couch. Mouse/keyboard has been reserved strictly for my nice computer desk.

So what do you all do? Pull up a table? Map a controller? I'd love to get something comfortable set up for my living room, and I just don't see a controller working out for this one.

I have one of these

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002NTADVW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

works okay, I would probably prefer having an actual small table with a chair in front of the tv though

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm upset at amazon :(

i changed the address on my order and now i cant have releases date delivery. so i wont get my CE until the 17th now

*cuts self* 2 whole days!
You can still play the starter edition and create a character and level it to a certain level though, right? That's better than nothing~

Yoshichan

If you get any more signal strength, i'd be on the look out for a hooded guy wandering around :eek:
Hooded guy walking around?! Make sure not to fall for the trap! (D2 act3 reference :3)

Velocity

These guys made a HUGE mistake. The purchased jalapeno popper and mozarella sticks, which both require cooking. Which MEANS they will have to be away from the game for some time to cook them. Jesus such noobs. Lrn2eat.

Not if they use the heat generated by their laptops and/or desktops to cook them. As such, they just might be geniuses.

ToD_

I just cancelled my CE order tonight :|

I couldn't justify spending the extra $40 at the moment, as I figured all the extra stuff would just be taking up space. Went for the regular digital download instead. I regret nothing!

Not if they use the heat generated by their laptops and/or desktops to cook them. As such, they just might be geniuses.

I think you are on to something here... channel the heat from their CPU's heatsink to a hot plate close by so that they can just put the poppers on that and let em cook... omg... im going to go buy some copper wire tomorrow and try this!!!

LowParry

I couldn't justify spending the extra $40 at the moment, as I figured all the extra stuff would just be taking up space. Went for the regular digital download instead. I regret nothing!

I hope you don't regret dropping that CE when later comes. :/

hayguyz

Banned

Don't worry. You don't need any of that other stuff. It will just take up space.

Teknoman

The reason I ask is because i'm buying my mom Diablo III (she ended up really getting into the SP side of things from Diablo I and II) but i'm not sure if she would want to be bothered with it. Then again if its only once every 1-2 weeks...

I can relate to this, but I am satisfied at my decision right now
Went SE-> DD-> CE.

ToD_

I hope you don't regret dropping that CE when later comes. :/

We'll see. I just have a vacation coming up and have been spending a lot of money on other stuff lately. I could have bought it still, but it just didn't feel right. At least I still get my beta feat of strength :lol

The part of CE that doesn't feel right for me is actually the headpiece + USB.

I don't get why I would need D2 again. I don't think I'll be having that head on my desk or anything, it'll just be in the box...

I'd much rather have a figurine/ guidebook in place of it.

Most of you guys still around at this time have read that before ... but:

I'm planing on streaming my HC first playthrough.
I won't comment every single minion death with a "fuck, take that !!11" joke ... I think thats pretty lame. I'll just play the game, play some good music and enjoy myself.
Really don't care about the i-net fame. I got really lucky oc'ing my 2500k to 4,9 aircooled and have no drop in perfomance streaming ... so yeah, why not?
Most people have to work the next day or have to wait for their edition to arrive and might be glad and tune in.

Allready asked at incgamers and diablofans and they allowed me to post it there too. Let's see if someone cares :d.
So yeah, if some of you US guys don't care about spoiling the game abit ... feel invited to have a look too :).

I might watch this through Act 1 (I already know what the end boss there is, so there's not much I could be spoiled on.)

Past that though, I'd turn it off.

Alex

I can't ever see playing Diablo II much once this is out, and even if I wanted to its not exactly hard to download it off battle.net. I'd imagine 99.9% of the CE buyers already have DII registered on their accounts.

So it is kind of a weird inclusion.

Velocity

IMO, the only reasons to own the CE are for the art book, making of DVD/Blu-Ray and the soundtrack. That being said, it's safe to say all three of those will be floating around the internet before the end of next week.

The reason I ask is because i'm buying my mom Diablo III (she ended up really getting into the SP side of things from Diablo I and II) but i'm not sure if she would want to be bothered with it. Then again if its only once every 1-2 weeks...

My girlfriend uses the authenticator for WoW and she has to enter in a generated key every single log in. No idea why, as it does seem like other people only have to do it once a week. Just some info for you.

Alex

IMO, the only reasons to own the CE are for the art book, making of DVD/Blu-Ray and the soundtrack. That being said, it's safe to say all three of those will be floating around the internet before the end of next week.

My girlfriend uses the authenticator for WoW and she has to enter in a generated key every single log in. No idea why, as it does seem like other people only have to do it once a week. Just some info for you.

I think theres an option to toggle for every time and once per session until you try to change the active machine or something.

Ashodin

You could mix in Caltrops (Bait the Trap) and Numbing Traps passive. I'd probably replace Rain of Vengeance and the Vengeance passive to do so. Could be fun either way.
Thinking about that. I just don't want to stay in one spot, as I hear the DH is kinda squishy

Svafnir

I can't ever see playing Diablo II much once this is out, and even if I wanted to its not exactly hard to download it off battle.net. I'd imagine 99.9% of the CE buyers already have DII registered on their accounts.

So it is kind of a weird inclusion.

I wish we could give away our second Diablo II copy, kinda like you can do with extra copies of steam games.

Velocity

I think theres an option to toggle for every time and once per session until you try to change the active machine or something.

Orly? I've never used it myself, so I had no idea. She's been bugged by it quite a bit, too. I'll let her know. Thanks!

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Slight help: I can't seem to download the game. It says 'download is not authorized' after 3.77 GB. Is the downloader timed or something? Do I have to download everything again?

The part of CE that doesn't feel right for me is actually the headpiece + USB.

I don't get why I would need D2 again. I don't think I'll be having that head on my desk or anything, it'll just be in the box...

I'd much rather have a figurine/ guidebook in place of it.

Eh, with the SC2 USB drive, I already had SC1 and Brood War, so it wasn't really worth anything to me besides being a neat trinket. I do use it sometimes though.

With the D3 CE, I actually don't have D2 on my account, so the drive is more valuable to me in this case, not that I'll ever be playing D2 much with D3 out (plus I think it's more fun getting a soulstone + Diablo's head than a futuristic dog tag), but I'm really buying it more for the art book, the soundtrack, and the making of DVD - all of which I know will be fantastic after my previous Blizz CE experiences. The rest is more superfluous, though I do think the angelic wings will be fun. Don't really like the WoW pet (I'm not playing WoW right now anyway) and the SC2 portraits I don't care about at all.

When you figure you would at least pay around $20 for the art book and ~$10 for the soundtrack separately, that's most of the value there, and the rest is just gravy for $10 more.

pxleyes

Banned
Woah, when did they add that? I stopped playing WoW just post-Cata and don't remember that being the case. That is awesome, but do you have a link so I can read up on it.

Velocity

I wish we could give away our second Diablo II copy, kinda like you can do with extra copies of steam games.

Don't see why you couldn't. I'd be assuming it would still come with CD keys like it always has? If so just give the CD keys away, then that person can choose to link them to their bnet account and then download the game.

Eh, with the SC2 USB drive, I already had SC1 and Brood War, so it wasn't really worth anything to me besides being a neat trinket. I do use it sometimes though.

With the D3 CE, I actually don't have D2 on my account, so the drive is more valuable to me in this case, not that I'll ever be playing D2 much with D3 out (plus I think it's more fun getting a soulstone + Diablo's head than a futuristic dog tag), but I'm really buying it more for the art book, the soundtrack, and the making of DVD - all of which I know will be fantastic after my previous Blizz CE experiences. The rest is more superfluous, though I do think the angelic wings will be fun. Don't really like the WoW pet (I'm not playing WoW right now anyway) and the SC2 portraits I don't care about at all.

When you figure you would at least pay around $20 for the art book and ~$10 for the soundtrack separately, that's most of the value there, and the rest is just gravy for $10 more.

My feelings word for word (I do like SC2 portraits, mind you haha).

Glad to hear you have a better use for D:II inclusion :)

Svafnir

I thought it was just a CE cdkey that unlocks everything onto your account at once... However if it is separate keys, I'll give d2 to a friend :)

I thought it was just a CE cdkey that unlocks everything onto your account at once... However if it is separate keys, I'll give d2 to a friend :)

Nah, it's just one key. Putting in the CE key for SC2 gave people StarCraft Anthology (Original + Broodwar) on their accounts if they didn't have it. There's no separate key - it's all tied together. The USB drive just has pre-loaded installers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom