• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys :) If you could help me I would love you forever!

my friend and I are gonna be lanning all night and in preparation we wanna play diablo 2 together...

neither of us have ever played Diablo 2 and we wanna play together to hype up D3 but also learn the story amongst so many other things.

unfortunately, I only have D2: LoD and I'm a poor college student so I do not have the funds for D2..

Does anyone have a copy or battle.net account I could use just for tonight? I would really appreciate it, as would my friend :)

please think about it <3 xooxoxox! :D

Alex

I used to buy CEs, but I'm trying to go as much digital as possible lately. Rather just have the stuff on my HDD or on a program waiting for me than cluttering up my house and shelves.

KaYotiX

Banned
I used to buy CEs, but I'm trying to go as much digital as possible lately. Rather just have the stuff on my HDD or on a program waiting for me than cluttering up my house and shelves.
IMO Blizzard does a great job with the CE Boxes so they actually look good on a shelf. The Art books are amazing also as are the soundtracks.

Can't wait for horror stories about losing Hardcore characters!

me too

hkn56.gif

Rootbeer

Banned
I have the Starcraft II CE and was really impressed with it. Ordered the D3 CE immediately when it went on sale. Really excited to get my hands on it :)

Svafnir

My Internet disconnects far too much for me to risk putting all that time into hardcore mode. I swear 5-6 times a day I randomly lose connection... Just not a good idea for hardcore.

pxleyes

Banned
The comparison is probably way off, but I'll try it anyways. Watching people lose hardcore characters is the closest we come to truly understanding the drama in EVE.

Teknoman

hey guys :) If you could help me I would love you forever!

my friend and I are gonna be lanning all night and in preparation we wanna play diablo 2 together...

neither of us have ever played Diablo 2 and we wanna play together to hype up D3 but also learn the story amongst so many other things.

unfortunately, I only have D2: LoD and I'm a poor college student so I do not have the funds for D2..

Does anyone have a copy or battle.net account I could use just for tonight? I would really appreciate it, as would my friend :)

please think about it <3 xooxoxox! :D

I'm not sure if I might have gotten by this on accident, but last summer when I did some local D2 co-op, we used the same CD, same key, and just connected via IP address. Everything worked just fine.

EDIT: Oh you dont have base D2?

Velocity

I wish we could give away our second Diablo II copy, kinda like you can do with extra copies of steam games.

Nah, it's just one key. Putting in the CE key for SC2 gave people StarCraft Anthology (Original + Broodwar) on their accounts if they didn't have it. There's no separate key - it's all tied together. The USB drive just has pre-loaded installers.

I really hope this isn't the case for the D3 CE. Having everything under one key is nice for convenience, but horrible for value.

Alex

IMO Blizzard does a great job with the CE Boxes so they actually look good on a shelf. The Art books are amazing also as are the soundtracks.

Agree, they're nice, that Diablo III CE box is one of the best looking game boxes I've seen by a mile unlike most of the tacky, busy, nonsense people display.

But I still don't need it :lol I'm just not a display/fandom person.

My Internet disconnects far too much for me to risk putting all that time into hardcore mode. I swear 5-6 times a day I randomly lose connection... Just not a good idea for hardcore.

I figure I'll meddle in hardcore on side characters down the line. Fun as an option but it wouldnt be my main form of play.

I'm not sure if I might have gotten by this on accident, but last summer when I did some local D2 co-op, we used the same CD, same key, and just connected via IP address. Everything worked just fine.

EDIT: Oh you dont have base D2?

unfortunately not. I only have d2:lod on my bnet account that was gifted from me :/

Hey guys, if I buy the retail version of the Diablo 3, will I get a code to unlock it online/digital download or do I have to play it manually through the disc?

I have a Macbook Air(No disc drive) and I want a physical copy instead of a digital release, I prefer a retail I should say, more likely would go for the Collectors if I can find one.

Any idea?

Velocity

Anyone know when the Diablo 3 guide on the ios store will be up, or a link to preorder it now?

Should be up on the 15th under the iBooks store.

Edit: I just tried looking in iTunes and on my iPad for it in the iBooks store, but it looks like its been taken down for now.

Hey guys, if I buy the retail version of the Diablo 3, will I get a code to unlock it online/digital download or do I have to play it manually through the disc?

I have a Macbook Air and I want a physical copy instead of a digital release, I prefer a retail I should say, more likely would go for the Collectors if I get one.

Any idea?

I believe with SC2 once I tied my key with B.net I didn't use the disc ever again.

KaYotiX

Banned
Hardcore char will come after I beat the game on the hardest difficulty a million times and am bored with it or if my friends want to do chars for fun :)

Alex

Yeah, you put in your CD key once and you never need any of it again. It's basically like Steam afterwards.

Ive never cared about PvP in Diablo, and I dont really care about the arena stuff, but thinking about it would be neat if maybe in an expansion they did something like the world invasions in Demons/Dark Souls for those who want it. Dunno why that popped into my mind at random.

Not sure if posted yet, but here is the Walmart.com item description for Diablo 3:
"The Diablo III PC/Mac Game revolves around an interesting plot which will keep you spell bound. while you are playing. This Strategy Video Game also has some similar setting as the Diablo II like Tristram. The Witch Doctor is a new character in this game, is reminiscent of the Diablo II Necromancer, The Barbarians in this strategy video game have a variety of revamped skills at their disposal on the basis of the use of their incredible physical prowess. Bring home the PC video game to solve the mysteries of the mighty Barbarians."

I'm pretty sure this is damage control to appease Christians of any demonic references.

btw why hasn't there been any outcry from the Christians, would be good free advertising.

Maybe if they patch in some same sex marriage thing later on down the line for extra publicity.

I have a Macbook Air(No disc drive) and I want a physical copy instead of a digital release, I prefer a retail I should say, more likely would go for the Collectors if I can find one.

Any idea?

This was going to be in the FAQ in the OP that I don't have room for, but you won't have a problem.

All modern Blizzard games are account-based. You put in the CD-Key on the Battle.net website and you can download the game as many times as you want, to as many computers as you want. Ability to actually play the game is tied to the account - the client doesn't matter.

So you don't need the disc at all. The only real reason for the disc existing at all is faster installation than spending however many hours downloading the game.

Svafnir

Yeah, you put in your CD key once and you never need any of it again. It's basically like Steam afterwards.

Ive never cared about PvP in Diablo, and I dont really care about the arena stuff, but thinking about it would be neat if maybe in an expansion they did something like the world invasions in Demons/Dark Souls for those who want it. Dunno why that popped into my mind at random.

Uh I love that idea, I wish D3 had world PVP :( especially the way demon souls handles is a very neat system.

I'm pretty sure this is damage control to appease Christians of any demonic references.

btw why hasn't there been any outcry from the Christians, would be good free advertising.

Maybe if they patch in some same sex marriage thing later on down the line for extra publicity.

There probably will be some stupid outcry somewhere once the game is actually out. There's nothing really to criticize with what little we know about thee game now, compared to the full content.

I just bought d2 through the Blizzard store :) Downloading now. My friend and I are gonna go at this.. hard

is there anything I need to know? irrc there's no widescreen.. is there a patch / mod / update I can add to change that? :)

Staab

What's the point of the guest passes though, if everyone has access to the starter edition from the get go, aren't those giving you access to the same content ?

TylerD

Path of Exile open beta. Download it, melt the time away until D3 is upon us (well until the open beta weekend ends). I have played 6 hrs so far tonight and it is really damn good. Especially for F2P.

Velocity

I just bought d2 through the Blizzard store :) Downloading now. My friend and I are gonna go at this.. hard

is there anything I need to know? irrc there's no widescreen.. is there a patch / mod / update I can add to change that? :)

If you guys are going to play over battle.net at all, then there's nothing for any kind of enhancement without the risk of being banned. If you play it single player or local LAN, then you can find lots of graphics/stat/widescreen hacks/enhancements out there. Only one I really recommend -- or ever used -- is the glide3d wrapper, as it really can make a difference in how D2 feels when played full screen.

glide3d wrapper for betterness:
http://www.svenswrapper.de/english/index.html

It's not a hack or mod, it's just another option for how your videocard handles rendering D2 in fullscreen. One that can help with framerate stability. I suggest playing D2 in its purest form before looking for widescreen mods and the like.

LProtag

Damn, none of my friends got a box version of the game. I really wanted to see how it would run on my laptop before I threw 60 bucks down so one of those guest passes would have been nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom