• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupaNaab

I'll be very interested to see how having no RMAH in HC plays out. Assuming it's purpose was to squash gold sellers then I guess Blizzard thinks the gold sellers would just never bother with HC. Are there lots of D2 HC items for sale on these sites?

goldensun

What? lol
neogafdude26wi.gif

Wunder

Augh, trying as hard as possible to finish most of my assignments before Tuesday so I can have at least a day or two dedicated to Diablo. Honestly if I don't get the majority of it completed by Tuesday I'll be in bad shape since I know I'll just play D3 during the weekend ;_;

If you guys are going to play over battle.net at all, then there's nothing for any kind of enhancement without the risk of being banned. If you play it single player or local LAN, then you can find lots of graphics/stat/widescreen hacks/enhancements out there. Only one I really recommend -- or ever used -- is the glide3d wrapper, as it really can make a difference in how D2 feels when played full screen.

glide3d wrapper for betterness:
http://www.svenswrapper.de/english/index.html

It's not a hack or mod, it's just another option for how your videocard handles rendering D2 in fullscreen. One that can help with framerate stability. I suggest playing D2 in its purest form before looking for widescreen mods and the like.

we're sitting in my room... using my wifi, do we have to play over the internet? or can we play local?

please explain :)

UberTag

Who here has successfully synchronized their sleeping schedule so they wake up coinciding at midnight Pacific for the next week?

I just pulled off waking up without an alarm clock at 12:30am. Just a little fine tuning to go. :D

Tripwood

we're sitting in my room... using my wifi, do we have to play over the internet? or can we play local?

please explain :)

If you connect to battle.net then it is not recommended you use any enhancements.
You can play with it in single player or LAN mode (local or through Hamachi).

Following advice in this thread, I have now mostly successfully reinstalled windows 7 onto my d3 SSD drive. Migrating user settings and files is a royal pain in the ass.

Teknoman

Just thought of something...I really hope the sound levels are fixed in the retail version. The beta volume levels, even after messing with the sliders were too loud/quiet in certain areas. Some voices overpowered others right next to each other, were whisper quiet one second and really loud the next, and everything completely overpowered the music except for at the title screen.

Even after maxing music/ambient, and lowering the rest to around 20-30, sometimes the sound effects or voices would still be much louder than they should. What I could hear of the music was great though. Also hope they fixed those garbled graphics at certain points for those with slightly older video cards.

Account Hacker to authenticator users:

Take that sonbitch, turn that shit sideways and stick it STRAIGHT UP YO CANDY ASS!

soz I'm bored.

I want to run a hardcore character for sure, just need to decide on what and before I can do that I have to see what the difficulty is like. Get the feeling Barbarian would be the safest way to travel down that road.

Tess3ract

Banned
I think it'd be cool for there to be a priest class of sorts

or maybe something where you could heal your friends who are playing with you.

Like demon hunter gets real angry and starts shooting your barb buddy with healing arrows brought on by dark rage at how bad he's playing.

I think a straight up healing class would put things too close to an MMO structure. Probably why they've decided against it. Not saying I wouldn't like to play one or at least party with one.

Negator

That character profile thing is cool and all, but it's pretty much straight from the WOW armory.

A real useful feature would be if we could post and share our stash.

foladar

Who here has successfully synchronized their sleeping schedule so they wake up coinciding at midnight Pacific for the next week?

I just pulled off waking up without an alarm clock at 12:30am. Just a little fine tuning to go. :D

I'm waiting until Sunday night to get my schedule down, though it's probably just going to be for Tuesday morning, rather than the week.

I'll take this build into HC: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aZQdXV!aYe!baaZZZ . Used lvl 30 runes for this one. I might change runes later on, but not the skills/passives.

We all don't know whats good, whats best and so on yet. However I believe that this build+merc tanking for you is safer/better for inferno than a 4 man group. Quote me if I'm right.

I think that's a pretty solid build overall for Hardcore, with some more defense than you might take on normally.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
That second one.. nails on a fucking chalk board. The first one just seemed like an abuse victim. What the fuck?

It truly is bizarre, they just sit there and talk about something they have no clue about " so the box was like white and it had stuff in it, the game looks cool I think and you can be a mage", like how much ad-rev do they even get ?

It truly is bizarre, they just sit there and talk about something they have no clue about " so the box was like white and it had stuff in it, the game looks cool I think and you can be a mage", like how much ad-rev do they even get ?

at least Laura Sparkling or whatever didn't do one yet...her reply to the deus ex human revolution walkthrough was quite possibly the worst shit i've ever seen

Gowans

So I can download the installer but I can't install till Tuesday?

I thought I could install but just not play till then?

Svafnir

You can install it and patch Monday :)

This is because they didn't want people dataming it way in advance. But yeah 8am Monday I think they are allowing it to be installed.

Gowans

What the hell is this shit.

I need to clean my Youtube history now. Maybe my browser's even.

haha anyone know the link to that vid of the dude railing on the girls who post videos of there boobs to get hits in the thumbnails of related vides?

I think they are opening the Install before launch, just to get any issues and stuff out of the way.
Awesome, hoping mine code [box] turns up in the post on Monday too.

Number45

Has this been posted?

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4410912

We became aware of an issue affecting the previously available German and EU English versions of the digital install downloader for Diablo III, which would not download all the necessary files. If you've pre-downloaded the digital version of the game in these languages before 10:00 AM CEST (9:00 AM GMT) on Saturday May 12, you must obtain the new downloaders to be able to install properly once the game is released on May 15. We apologize for the inconvenience, and ask that you please let friends and acquaintances know so they can begin downloading the working installer that's now available.

1. Obtain the new Diablo III digital downloader using the links below
2. Point the download save at the same directory as before
3. If you chose the correct directory only 50MB will need to be downloaded to fix your install, otherwise you'll re-download the entire ~7.6GB

New EU English Installer
New EU English Installer (Mac)
New German Installer
New German Installer (Mac)

Whether you repair your previous install or download the entire game again, it's necessary to use this new downloader to install and play the game when it launches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom