• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tess3ract

Banned
Guys, before I burn my harddrive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muN9AdhM6jc&feature=related

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

EDIT: I CANT STOP LAUGHING!

what. What is going on. She looks like she's in a prison cell and she's moving so sporadically I have no idea what she's supposed to be doing. What is going on

zethren

Banned
So I have a desktop that is totally capable of running Diablo III, but I'm going to be in a position over the next few months to where I'll only be able to have my laptop with me.

I don't know it's specs as its not currently with me at this moment, but it's a Dell Inspiron from late 2009. I know Blizzard games can usually run on lower end PCs, but does anyone have any idea if I'll be able to play D3 on this thing? Really don't want to wait another few months to play the game...

Dresden

So I have a desktop that is totally capable of running Diablo III, but I'm going to be in a position over the next few months to where I'll only be able to have my laptop with me.

I don't know it's specs as its not currently with me at this moment, but it's a Dell Inspiron from late 2009. I know Blizzard games can usually run on lower end PCs, but does anyone have any idea if I'll be able to play D3 on this thing? Really don't want to wait another few months to play the game...

e: damn, I need to l2read.

Ploid 3.0

what. What is going on. She looks like she's in a prison cell and she's moving so sporadically I have no idea what she's supposed to be doing. What is going on

Drugs or nearly homeless, maybe a slave? Seems like a very sad situation. Bad messy backgrounds in the vid linked before this one.

Raide

Oh what the fuck, do I have to download again?

If you have downloaded the install before 12th, seems a full download is in order. :( Its not like we can play it yet anyway but I would prefer to do this now, instead of getting to launch day, trying to install and then waiting a few hours to download it again.

V_Arnold

Oh guys, some of you would freak out by looking at the amount of nerdrage people are having over the mere fact that Diablo III even EXISTS.

I have logged into Path of Exile, and with the influx of open weekend, people are SCREAMING, almost literally. D3 is more like WoW, not D2. Activision are greedy bastards who COD-esqued this game. D3 is for casuals. If you like class variety, POE, if you like hacking and slashing, D3.

This only in a matter of mere minutes. Having the time of my life...

DeSo

Banned
You need to download the installer, then install the game to the same directory and it'll download around 50 mb of stuff.
Cheers, I'll give that a go, really don't want to download another 8gb or whatever it was, some of us have download caps.

Dresden

Oh guys, some of you would freak out by looking at the amount of nerdrage people are having over the mere fact that Diablo III even EXISTS.

I have logged into Path of Exile, and with the influx of open weekend, people are SCREAMING, almost literally. D3 is more like WoW, not D2. Activision are greedy bastards who COD-esqued this game. D3 is for casuals. If you like class variety, POE, if you like hacking and slashing, D3.

Typical Blizzard hate. It's like logging into a new MMO and finding half the chatter about how bad WoW is.

TheYanger

Typical Blizzard hate. It's like logging into a new MMO and finding half the chatter about how bad WoW is.

Yep. the WoW haters have turned into Blizzard haters and transferred their hatred to Diablo. I'd say it gets old, but in the end these are the people ranting and raving while they play inferior games, so instead it just becomes a bit sad and funny. (Path of Exile is a FINE game, and it's my favorite of the other diablo clones for doing some very different stuff. I'm speaking in generalities here).

Raide

The Class Variety thing in PoE is way too stretched. It becomes a tiresome chore making a character, instead of having fun and seeing what new things are offered to you. PoE like Torchlight are great games but they are only just catching up with Diablo 2. Time to move on people! Blizzard know what they are doing and D3 will be massive.

V_Arnold

Yep. Every single fucking time. I said that people should not be insecure about their hobbies and just enjoy the games they enjoy instead of bashing other products, but I got a "we have got a holier than thou scumbag here, folks" reply and realized it is no point in even bothering with it.

It was the same with Aion chat and WoW, Tor and Wow, and I guess it is with all other MMO as well :D

Raide

Yep. Every single fucking time. I said that people should not be insecure about their hobbies and just enjoy the games they enjoy instead of bashing other products, but I got a "we have got a holier than thou scumbag here, folks" reply and realized it is no point in even bothering with it.

It was the same with Aion chat and WoW, Tor and Wow, and I guess it is with all other MMO as well :D

In the End of Days, the one that has a thriving player-base will win.

Riggs

Banned

Ya seeing same lol.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
For people that are still deciding whether to get an authenticator, I remember someone in my guild would get hack almost every month, I know most of people in the guild in real life, and they are all pretty good with computer. Now I think about it, I can't remember anyone I know without an authenticator that didn't got hack, almost all of them got one eventually.

Blizzard is pretty good at handling hacked account, for WOW they usually restore your account and items within 24 hours. But lately hacker got a lot smarter, if they hacked your account and it doesn't have an authenticator, they will add their authenticator to your account using the free andriod/iphone version. That way you cannot even recover or reset your password using your e-mail address, since it will force you to input a code from the authenticator.

Have fun sending all the stuffs to blizzard customer services just to prove that it is your account, and be ready to lock out of the game for a few days. One of my friend had to start a new account because he couldn't prove the account belong to him (he pay with timecard, cdkey/receipt is long gone, e-mail got hacked too since it used the same username/password as Bnet account.)

It is not worth it =/

Tokubetsu

For people that are still deciding whether to get an authenticator, I remember someone in my guild would get hack almost every month, I know most of people in the guild in real life, and they are all pretty good with computer. Now I think about it, I can't remember anyone I know without an authenticator that didn't got hack, almost all of them got one eventually.

Blizzard is pretty good at handling hacked account, for WOW they usually restore your account and items within 24 hours. But lately hacker got a lot smarter, if they hacked your account and it doesn't have an authenticator, they will add their authenticator to your account using the free andriod/iphone version. That way you cannot even recover or reset your password using your e-mail address, since it will force you to input a code from the authenticator.

Have fun sending all the stuffs to blizzard customer services just to prove that it is your account, and be ready to lock out of the game for a few days. One of my friend had to start a new account because he couldn't prove the account belong to him (he pay with timecard, cdkey/receipt is long gone, e-mail got hacked too since it used the same username/password as Bnet account.)

It is not worth it =/

If you use the phone authenticator, make sure you back up the serial info too. I had one for WoW and had to reset my phone. Didn't write the info down and had to scan govt. issued id just to get it off my account haha.

Burger

My question is how do these hacks take place? Surely it's social engineering or doing dumb shit like having a easy restore question on your email account right?

It's not like people are brute forcing passwords. If you have bad security on either your email or battle.net account then I guess you are ripe for exploitation.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Ok just so I got it clear :

1) Download the 7.6 gb via the (new) downloader
2) Install the game
3) Buy the digital version of the game on my b.net account
4) Log on monday night using my bnet credentials?

My question is how do these hacks take place? Surely it's social engineering or doing dumb shit like having a easy restore question on your email account right?

It's not like people are brute forcing passwords. If you have bad security on either your email or battle.net account then I guess you are ripe for exploitation.

Posted this yesterday, not big on quoting myself but I'm about to go to bed.

There are so many leaked databases floating around the internet with usernames, passwords and email addresses in them. It's most likely that they're using these as their main means of infiltrating accounts.

Number45

Ok just so I got it clear :

1) Download the 7.6 gb via the (new) downloader
2) Install the game
3) Buy the digital version of the game on my b.net account
4) Log on monday night using my bnet credentials?
You can't install the game until it unlocks, which is Monday morning at 08:00 Pacific I think.

EDIT: Downloaded the full 7.6GB super fast for me, so get on it before everyone and their mother starts. :)

Tacitus_

Oh, ok, so switch the places of nr 2) and 3) and everything looks good?

Yeah. Although I have to point out that you don't have to buy the digital version, as long as you add a valid license to your B.Net account. Be it from the digital version or from a boxed version.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Yeah. Although I have to point out that you don't have to buy the digital version, as long as you add a valid license to your B.Net account. Be it from the digital version or from a boxed version.

Ah I see, though I still want to be able to play at midnight so I guess a digital edition is a must unless I can get a boxed copy before street date ( which I can't )

Grampasso

That's pretty important information. Thanks for posting.

Reading is fun:

3. If you chose the correct directory only 50MB will need to be downloaded to fix your install, otherwise you'll re-download the entire ~7.6GB
If I can remember where I downloaded DIII 2 months ago... any suggestion about folder/file names?

NVM, I think I found it :)

Ploid 3.0

I randomly tried redownloading (at first I used the link in the OP, and today I used the Diablo Starter Edition on Battle.net) and it was doing some "fixes" to my files. I wondered what that was. So if I didn't see this news I wouldn't have known anything happened. I was mainly glad I didn't have to redownload the 7 gigs for the starter edition files.

Xdrive05

On security and hacking, everyone should use an authenticator. And make sure that your bnet password is different from your email password, which is different from every other password you use for any website or service.

If you fail to do this, consequences will never be the same.

Grampasso

just to clarify, if I have the EN US installer already I'm good right? or do I need to download the installer again

I got the download link off of reddit and there wasn't an eu us link, just en us and several different european language installers
Nope, that's just for en-GB and German installers, both european. en-US should be fine

Ploid 3.0

It's like we have to be C.I.A. to protect our game. I really hope nothing happens to my phone. Changing around passwords, please don't hack me ghosts.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Today is a day to remember... it is the preparation day. Going to the stores to buy everything that is needed.

Just another reminder for anyone who wants to avoid getting spoiled (it's getting worse the closer we get to the launch day)!
^This script hides all Youtube-comments. There will be spoilers on Youtube so you better to install this script!

This needs to be quotes as-well!
Apparently it's important for people that were in the beta to manually remove some files from their system before installing the full game.

http://blues.incgamers.com/Posts/11/1/47/877/160963/important-uninstall-the-beta

And this!
Just another warning/reminder.

You should really have a blizzard authenticator for this game. Either an IOS/Android version, or the actual physical generator. There's going to be *alot* of hacked accounts, and you don't want to be one of them. Your password, no matter how complex it is, isn't safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom