• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

Oh guys, some of you would freak out by looking at the amount of nerdrage people are having over the mere fact that Diablo III even EXISTS.

I have logged into Path of Exile, and with the influx of open weekend, people are SCREAMING, almost literally. D3 is more like WoW, not D2. Activision are greedy bastards who COD-esqued this game. D3 is for casuals. If you like class variety, POE, if you like hacking and slashing, D3.

This only in a matter of mere minutes. Having the time of my life...

I got my issues with WoW but I never understood why taking certain cues from it, as a monstrously polished game full of high end tech and features with years upon years of expensive reiteration and when it took gigantic swaths of ideas and design from Diablo II to begin with, was a bad thing.

It always came across as being contrarian for the sake of it to me. Diablo II was rad but shock horror, game design, clarity of play and polish has increased in the past decade, believe it or not.

Ryan_

Today is a day to remember... it is the preparation day. Going to the stores to buy everything that is needed.

Just another reminder for anyone who wants to avoid getting spoiled (it's getting worse the closer we get to the launch day)!

^This script hides all Youtube-comments. There will be spoilers on Youtube so you better to install this script!

This needs to be quotes as-well!

And this!

Thanks for the heads up!

Boken

Banned
Oh guys, some of you would freak out by looking at the amount of nerdrage people are having over the mere fact that Diablo III even EXISTS.

I have logged into Path of Exile, and with the influx of open weekend, people are SCREAMING, almost literally. D3 is more like WoW, not D2. Activision are greedy bastards who COD-esqued this game. D3 is for casuals. If you like class variety, POE, if you like hacking and slashing, D3.

This only in a matter of mere minutes. Having the time of my life...

Hacking and slashing > "class variety"

So did anyone link a blue post stating the change to the authenticator only being used once every two weeks like stated in this thread earlier?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Added another important info...

IMPORTANT INFO!
If you've pre-downloaded the digital version of the game in EU English or German before 10:00 AM CEST (9:00 AM GMT) on Saturday May 12, you must obtain the new downloaders to be able to install properly once the game is released on May 15. We apologize for the inconvenience, and ask that you please let friends and acquaintances know so they can begin downloading the working installer that's now available.
(installers in the link) http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4410912/

Just another reminder for anyone who wants to avoid getting spoiled (it's getting worse the closer we get to the launch day)!
^This script hides all Youtube-comments. There will be spoilers on Youtube so you better to install this script!

This needs to be quotes as-well!
Apparently it's important for people that were in the beta to manually remove some files from their system before installing the full game.

http://blues.incgamers.com/Posts/11/1/47/877/160963/important-uninstall-the-beta

And this!
Just another warning/reminder.

You should really have a blizzard authenticator for this game. Either an IOS/Android version, or the actual physical generator. There's going to be *alot* of hacked accounts, and you don't want to be one of them. Your password, no matter how complex it is, isn't safe.

Cipherr

So did anyone link a blue post stating the change to the authenticator only being used once every two weeks like stated in this thread earlier?

I don't know that there is a link, we all just know thats how it works from SC2 and WoW accounts we have. Im not sure if it was ever discussed on the forum. If it ever was, I wonder if it was before or after the major forum redesign.

I don't know that there is a link, we all just know thats how it works from SC2 and WoW accounts we have. Im not sure if it was ever discussed on the forum. If it ever was, I wonder if it was before or after the major forum redesign.

Cool, just wanted a confirmation from someone using it currently, last I had one on my account it was almost a year and a half ago and you had to use it every time you logged in.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Okay so if you're in EU and you want to download the new updater but don't wanna sit there for 7.60GB again - you should choose to install it in your previous Diablo-III-enGB-Installer-folder. That way you'll only have have to download the 50mb that are required.

LordCanti

It's eight hours closer to launch! Thank you based sleep.

Just have to get through today, tomorrow, and the next day without cancelling my CE and/or copping the digital version.

Yoshichan

Guys, I need more hype. I demand hype material.
Get your ass over to my house and you'll regret asking for more hype!

Yoshichan

Sometimes I wish I had a car...

This is one of those times.
♥ It's okay, one day fate will bring us together again... -> no actual spoilers ->
and that day is SOON!

Staab

So nice, my boxed copy arrives on monday and I spend the week-end at my GF's place so I won't be thinking about D3 so much !
Then on Monday evening, BOOM superior EU launch at midnight, so great !

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
You remember that image I posted before with the bottles of Monster?

Well...

XIOwO.jpg

These guys dnt know how snack binge and game.....the amount of residue, cheese dust in particular, is astounding amongst that pile. I do not want to meat the man that has to use their laptops after their session.

Do you think they had a friend take their photo or they set it up on a timer and ran around to pose looking baller.

Edit: meet

Yoshichan

Yoshichan

My house is always open to fellow GAFers :3. It'll be quite the expensive trip though :(

Oh I just realized something... this is the carpet I have in my room right now:

iSXNN.jpg

Can't look at it without having to think of Diablo now ._.

Yoshichan

When I was playing SWTOR all the WoW hate convinced me to give it a try. Having a blast.
See guys? All advertisement is good advertisement. Proof right here!

Let them hate. It'll just make D3 sell even more.

Ainaurdur

Wal-Mart still has the CE for pre-order online USA GAF. This is your chance last-minute-GAF.

I want to go to there.

Yes people. Get the CE while you have this chance!

Does Yoshi have room for all of us? His power bill spike would be enormous as we all need computers to be playing on!

TheContact

For people that are still deciding whether to get an authenticator, I remember someone in my guild would get hack almost every month, I know most of people in the guild in real life, and they are all pretty good with computer. Now I think about it, I can't remember anyone I know without an authenticator that didn't got hack, almost all of them got one eventually.

Blizzard is pretty good at handling hacked account, for WOW they usually restore your account and items within 24 hours. But lately hacker got a lot smarter, if they hacked your account and it doesn't have an authenticator, they will add their authenticator to your account using the free andriod/iphone version. That way you cannot even recover or reset your password using your e-mail address, since it will force you to input a code from the authenticator.

Have fun sending all the stuffs to blizzard customer services just to prove that it is your account, and be ready to lock out of the game for a few days. One of my friend had to start a new account because he couldn't prove the account belong to him (he pay with timecard, cdkey/receipt is long gone, e-mail got hacked too since it used the same username/password as Bnet account.)

It is not worth it =/

As a long time authenticator user , I have to disagree. This guy must be a hacker or something who is disappointed so many people use authenticators.

Yoshichan

Where do you live Yoshi, in Stockholm? Too bad the boat line to Umeå was killed or I could easily hop to that side.
In Örebro, 2 hour-drive from Stockholm :3

LordCanti

I'm starting to think that Wal-Mart's site is just bugged or something. Other places sell out of the CE within minutes, and they've had it up for hours now.

moojito

Oh, this comes out next week, does it? I just so happen to have next week off work. How handy. I will click things until they die then loot them!

So I was originally going to make a Witch Doctor as my first class just because there is nothing more satisfying than hurling spiders at people.
But now after watching The Last Airbender I sort of want to make a Monk.

The only logical solution is to buy two copies so I can play both simultaneously.

LordCanti

So I was originally going to make a Witch Doctor as my first class just because there is nothing more satisfying than hurling spiders at people.
But now after watching The Last Airbender I sort of want to make a Monk.

The only logical solution is to buy two copies so I can play both simultaneously.

This is one of the few games where I can honestly say that is probably possible in normal difficulty. As long as you've got two mice with enough hotkey buttons, and a reasonable amount of multitasking skill.

Yoshichan

But controlling two mice would require you to be both left and right handed... how does that work ._.?

LordCanti

But controlling two mice would require you to be both left and right handed... how does that work ._.?

From much experience manipulating a mouse with my left hand during...uhh....

Anywho, it's totally possible for righties.

Yup. It says the following on the very top of my Firefox Browser:

Dance Central 2 Xbox 360 Kinect Game, Kids Dance Video Game, Multiplayer Dance Game, Harmonix Videogame. It also is what my tab looks like on FireFox: Dance Central 2 Xbox 360 Kinect Gam...

On the page itself, I see the Diablo stuff. It's just the header.

I can only imagine the tears of people that opened their packages and discovered Dance Central 2 instead of Diablo 3. Let's hope that won't happen.

I don't know how Wal-Mart could possibly have any more stock though. It's been hours, and there were still tons of people looking to get the CE. Maybe people don't like that it won't arrive on launch day.

Amir0x

Banned
When you click this link http://www.walmart.com/ip/Diablo-III-Collector-s-Edition-PC-Mac-PC/19237344

Does it say that? I see no mention of Dance Central 2.

Hopefully anyone that orders one will get one. =/

Yup. It says the following on the very top of my Firefox Browser:

Dance Central 2 Xbox 360 Kinect Game, Kids Dance Video Game, Multiplayer Dance Game, Harmonix Videogame. It also is what my tab looks like on FireFox: Dance Central 2 Xbox 360 Kinect Gam...

On the page itself, I see the Diablo stuff. It's just the header.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom