• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm gonna play thru until i beat it on inferno.. non stop.. shouldn't be too bad
Oh but here's where you're wrong. It's gonna be bad... really bad. One does not simply travel into the depths of inferno without being prepared :3

Raide

So are Nightmare and Hell more balanced for secondary playthroughs, or can experienced gamers just jump right in from the start?

Need to finish on Normal to unlock them. Multiple playthroughs since you will be needing to gear up and hit 60 for Inferno goodness.

Risible

Just when I thought I had lost the opportunity to get the LE guide at a decent price I go to Amazon UK and see this!

Diablo3guidedistorted.png

Run you fools!

I had a ton of problems with the Book Depository with the Dark Souls LE Guide, so beware. It might be fine (apparently other people had no problems), but I know a lot of people had the same problems with them as me.

Polo67

Oh but here's where you're wrong. It's gonna be bad... really bad. One does not simply travel into the depths of inferno without being prepared :3

I'm prepared right now! :) my female witch doctor gonna rain toads!.. I'm gonna zip thru all the difficulties solo :0

LordCanti

I'm going to be a full 24 hours behind Europeans by the time D3 finally gets here from UPS in the US. Someone may have beaten normal by then -_-

Can I abide this?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
i pre-ordered the collectors edition but now im unsure if i want it or if i would just be fine with the regular edition. are those CE's rare and hard to get already?

DieH@rd

Banned
WHERE can i find the most up to date information about gems, socketing, and process of creating top of the line gems?

What's the final formula [still 3 weaker > 1 stronger? that's very bad if there is 14 level of gems], what levels of gems will be dropped by the monsters, etc...

99%

Putting it in the same directory didn't help at all btw.

i pre-ordered the collectors edition but now im unsure if i want it or if i would just be fine with the regular edition. are those CE's rare and hard to get already?

I'm pretty sure you'll be able to sell one for a bit more yes.

Number45

Putting it in the same directory didn't help at all btw.
You mean the upgraded EU client? In theory you would have selected the level above for the download location (because it automatically creates a folder called Diablo-III-8370-enGB-Installer... if you selected that folder you will have another folder in there with the new download in!).

inception.jpg

chris-013

WHERE can i find the most up to date information about gems, socketing, and process of creating top of the line gems?

What's the final formula [still 3 weaker > 1 stronger? that's very bad if there is 14 level of gems], what levels of gems will be dropped by the monsters, etc...

Yes, it's still 3 > 1. Monsters can drop to lv8 gems.

99%

You mean the upgraded EU client? In theory you would have selected the level above for the download location (because it automatically creates a folder called Diablo-III-8370-enGB-Installer... if you selected that folder you will have another folder in there with the new download in!).

inception.jpg

Oh fuck me of course -_-

Now I also see I apparently had the US installer before and the EU GB one now.

I don't even know why they have different versions :/

Kneecap

Still working my way up from page 130 or so of this thread, but....

My son was born the year D1 came out. I was 43. When he was 3 or so, he would sit on my lap and watch me play. Sometimes it was too scary for him, but in the main he loved it. He's an avid gamer and top HS student/athlete today.

<Injures arm patting self on back.>

So many Diablo memories. Yes good times.

Camwi

GAF - Camwi
Battletag - Camwi#1626
Region - North America
Class - Undecided

I've kept away from pretty much all media of the game, so the only things I have to go on for picking my first class are the videos on the main D3 site.

They all look so badass, I dunno which one to choose!

Kiraly

Still working my way up from page 130 or so of this thread, but....

My son was born the year D1 came out. I was 43. When he was 3 or so, he would sit on my lap and watch me play. Sometimes it was too scary for him, but in the main he loved it. He's an avid gamer and top HS student/athlete today.

<Injures arm patting self on back.>

So many Diablo memories. Yes good times.

Awesome story man, love things like these

I hope you and him can enjoy some Diablo madness together :)

kyubajin

I had a ton of problems with the Book Depository with the Dark Souls LE Guide, so beware. It might be fine (apparently other people had no problems), but I know a lot of people had the same problems with them as me.

I got my Dark Souls LE guide from them as well and had 0 problems... don't scare me!

Leckan

The Paladin had several skills that required a shield specifically. The monk doesn't use them normally so...

Also it's too early to say yet but why should you use bows instead of crossbows if you're a DH? Quivers doesn't work with bows do they?

injurai

Banned
No shield-specific skills. You're supposed to use a shield (on all classes, I think) if you like not-dying more than you like 2-handers or dual-wielding.

I wouldn't say supposed to. Monk usually seems to dual wield, Wizard has the orb, WD you have the wanga dolls, Ranged weapons are two handed for the DH.

Yoshichan

Another update from the line! Someone is missing... did he die?

gfKCN.jpg

DPsygnet

Holy ffffffff...
thank gaf for making me nervous about that EU data to redownload.
Because of this, i checked my Battlenet account, even if i am in the US, in case there was a newer version of the data.

I realised what i downloaded was set the EU version !

Apparently, only Starcraft 2 download is set to US, the rest is set to EU by default, and even by using (change) and SAVE i cannot set them up to US permanently.

redownloading...

Happy to learn about it now, or tuesday night would have been a 3 AM Nerdrage meltdown moment.

Yoshichan

RPGCrazied

So, you don't think in 2 months a CE could be found? You can get Cataclysm CE from amazon right now for $65. I wonder why, all the other CE's are more than $100, a lot of them codes are used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom