• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPGCrazied

Another thing about the Wal-Mart order that has me unsure, is the tab name. It says Dance Central 2 Xbox 360 Kinect Game.

Yeah, I probably won't get my copy.

scy

I noticed on Amazon that there are now two different versions of the Limited Edition official guide, differing by ISBN Number. I'm guessing the one that I'm getting in the post today is going to be less accurate than what is coming out later.

Just noticed that the guide says it will give "Expert tips for dominating Multiplayer action over Battle.net in both cooperative and competitive play. "

Sweet, they know how PvP will be!

And "Guide to meeting and leveling up the Blacksmith, Jeweler, and Mystic professions, and how to maximize the relationships and crafting from each Artisan. "

...wait, S-Links?

Hai you guys, listen. I have this problem bugging me.

I pre-ordered Diablo III CE via Amazon UK. But they won't send before monday which means I won't have the game before 1week later, because of post service and a holiday in between (Im from Denmark).

So I decided to buy a normal version on release day and then sell the key of the CE to a friend. Problem is now that I am not sure if keys of the normal version are handled differently on Battle.net than CE keys regarding the exclusive digital content. And if they are, is it possible to unbind the key of the normal from my account and make it available for my friend again to redeem it once more (via Blizzard support)?

The launch should be similar to the StarCraft II launch. Can you provide any useful experiences?

LordCanti

Another thing about the Wal-Mart order that has me unsure, is the tab name. It says Dance Central 2 Xbox 360 Kinect Game.

Yeah, I probably won't get my copy.

You might get some Wal-Mart credit when they inevitably have to cancel thousands of orders though.

I pre-ordered Diablo III CE via Amazon UK. But they won't send before monday which means I won't have the game before 1week later, because of post service and a holiday in between (Im from Denmark).

So I decided to buy a normal version on release day and then sell the key of the CE to a friend. Problem is now that I am not sure if keys of the normal version are handled differently on Battle.net than CE keys regarding the exclusive digital content. And if they are, is it possible to unbind the key of the normal from my account and make it available for my friend again to redeem it once more (via Blizzard support)?

The launch should be similar to the StarCraft II launch. Can you provide any useful experiences?

I'm a bit confused, so I'll break it down.

Do you want to retain your wings/dye/etc? If so, you need to sell him the digital key. You can do this by upgrading your account to CE, and then requesting the digital edition key back from Blizzard Customer Support.

If you want to sell him the CE key, all you need to do is sell him the key. There is no way for both of you to get the wings/dye. Also no way for both of you to play at launch; He'll have to wait until the CE arrives and you can get that key back.

injurai

Banned
Stand in line, folks!

FlbdG.gif
FlbdG.gif
FlbdG.gif
FlbdG.gif
FlbdG.gif
FlbdG.gif
FlbdG.gif
FlbdG.gif
FlbdG.gif
FlbdG.gif
FlbdG.gif
FlbdG.gif
FlbdG.gif
Nazw3.png

gif-2-thumbs-up.gif

Raide

Someone on this thread said it before but, I wish there's a Capra Demon-like difficulty spike in this game. And no, I'm not talking Inferno but Nightmare and beyond.

The spike in D2 was when you ran into Rare monsters that had crazy stuff like Lightning Enchanted and Enhanced. Fuuuu those things sucked.

I am 100% sure there will be moments in Nightmare and beyond where a perfect Rare monster appears that causes havoc. :D

theta11

I think its been said that if you upgrade from a digital to a CE you can call Blizzard support and they will issue you with a digital key replacement.

RPGCrazied

You might get some Wal-Mart credit when they inevitably have to cancel thousands of orders though.

I'm hoping the fact that they won't get it to you a week after the game comes out, maybe they are getting more stock from Blizzard? Do they normally give out credit to out of stock emails from a preorder?

LordCanti

I'm hoping the fact that they won't get it to you a week after the game comes out, maybe they are getting more stock from Blizzard? Do they normally give out credit to out of stock emails from a preorder?

A lot of retailers will if you complain to customer service about it.

As far as Wal-Mart getting more stock is concerned, I don't think so. Blizzard has said that the CE will be printed once and never again.

scy

The spike in D2 was when you ran into Rare monsters that had crazy stuff like Lightning Enchanted and Enhanced. Fuuuu those things sucked.

I am 100% sure there will be moments in Nightmare and beyond where a perfect Rare monster appears that causes havoc. :D

I'm eagerly looking forward to some of the crazy combinations for Uniques in Inferno. None of them really frighten me yet in theory (well, Cannoneer on HC Inferno as a squishy character...) but I think the same applied to D2 before we saw how Lightning fucked things up.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
A problem I've always had in D2 is when I see a champion monster... they take all my attention and nothing around me matters anymore. I get blinded by the thought of getting loot, so I usually get killed by the hundreds of monsters around the champion :( This'll probably be the case in D3 as-well.

Just noticed that the guide says it will give "Expert tips for dominating Multiplayer action over Battle.net in both cooperative and competitive play. "

Sweet, they know how PvP will be!

And "Guide to meeting and leveling up the Blacksmith, Jeweler, and Mystic professions, and how to maximize the relationships and crafting from each Artisan. "

...wait, S-Links?
That description was just copy-pasted over to the newer version of the limited edition guide from the older one. It would be better to assume that Blizzard is still figuring out PvP, so the book portion of the guide won't be able to keep up the changes coming down the pipe this year.

That was actually something I expected out of the book, which I don't mind. I'm more focused on the Flash version that comes with the LE. That better get updated or it won't make sense why I bought the guide in the first place. edit: actually I enjoy the concept art that's included, too!

Really important question that I've totally forgotten to ask:

Is Elective Mode in the final game? That is, can we pick from different skills to fill out our abilities or are we locked into the different sets?

So for example, will it still be possible to pick 2 abilities categorized as "Secondary" skills?

LordCanti

I'm still considering finding a kind (trustworthy) soul willing to buy my digital key off me for $50 after my CE arrives.

Is Elective Mode in the final game? That is, can we pick from different skills to fill out our abilities or are we locked into the different sets?

So for example, will it still be possible to pick 2 abilities categorized as "Secondary" skills?

I hope it is. I've heard no official word, but I don't see why they would have changed it. A lot of builds will be impossible if you're limited by category.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

You're not locked to anything. Elective mode is in the full game.

injurai

Banned

You can turn it on from the start if the beta is a representation at all of the final game.

A problem I've always had in D2 is when I see a champion monster... they take all my attention and nothing around me matters anymore. I get blinded by the thought of getting loot, so I usually get killed by the hundreds of monsters around the champion :( This'll probably be the case in D3 as-well.

It sucks when that happens and the champion mobs are stygian dolls and you literally kill yourself from 100% hp when you were in no danger what so ever.

scy

That description was just copy-pasted over to the newer version of the limited edition guide from the older one. It would be better to assume that Blizzard is still figuring out PvP, so the book portion of the guide won't be able to keep up the changes coming down the pipe this year.

That was actually something I expected out of the book, which I don't mind. I'm more focused on the Flash version that comes with the LE. That better get updated or it won't make sense why I bought the guide in the first place. edit: actually I enjoy the concept art that's included, too!

I was just being a smartass on the PvP bit despite it not being in the game at retail.

...though, I'm now legitimately wondering what they mean on that relationship comment. Guess I'll know in a few days.

MedIC86

Maybe a dumb question but i never noticed it during the beta.
How is the loot distribution done in this game? when i played the beta with a friend i had the idea we both had seperate almost 'instanced' item drops, while in diablo 2 stuff just dropped and people need to click spam to get anything at all...

Yoshichan

It sucks when that happens and the champion mobs are stygian dolls and you literally kill yourself from 100% hp when you were in no danger what so ever.
Yeah, I never understood my mentality why I had to kill the champions so fast? I mean it's not like they disappear after time... I should just teach my brain that there's no clock ticking down when I find one. Just chill the fuck out, gather your thoughts, clear the trash around the champion and then engage them.

scy

How is the loot distribution done in this game? when i played the beta i had the idea we both had seperate almost 'instanced' item drops, while in diablo 2 stuff just dropped and people need to click spam to get anything at all...

Separate "instanced" drops is the way it'll be come launch.

Yoshichan

How is the loot distribution done in this game? when i played the beta with a friend i had the idea we both had seperate almost 'instanced' item drops, while in diablo 2 stuff just dropped and people need to click spam to get anything at all...
Loot is given to every individual, so that means if you have a group of four, all of them will get (different) loot. A friend of yours might get a legendary from a drop, while you and your other two buddies only got a rare.

Raide

Yeah, I never understood my mentality why I had to kill the champions so fast? I mean it's not like they disappear after time... I should just teach my brain that there's no clock ticking down when I find one. Just chill the fuck out, gather your thoughts, clear the trash around the champion and then engage them.

I think its usually the thought "Damn, he must be the most deadly one here!" and that is not always the case. Also, I think we just get attracted to shiny monsters and just dive in. :D

Yoshichan

I think its usually the thought "Damn, he must be the most deadly one here!" and that is not always the case. Also, I think we just get attracted to shiny monsters and just dive in. :D
This is definitely the case... since I'm going hardcore pretty early on, I need to change this mentality. Although I'm probably going to play HC OP monk so it'll be EZ.

SERIOUS QUESTION PLZ ANSWER

Does anyone have experience with Blizzard CS reps giving out refunds of digital editions when you add a CE key to your account? I have a CE pre-ordered on Amazon with release date delivery, but I need to play this on Monday night at 12:01 AM.

Is there any hope for me?

LordCanti

Loot is given to every individual, so that means if you have a group of four, all of them will get (different) loot. A friend of yours might get a legendary from a drop, while you and your other two buddies only got a rare.

I'll probably never join games with randoms. If they split up and killed stuff, who's to say that a legendary didn't drop somewhere else on the map? I couldn't just run around looking at what had dropped either.

That would do my head in.

SERIOUS QUESTION PLZ ANSWER

Does anyone have experience with Blizzard CS reps giving out refunds of digital editions when you add a CE key to your account? I have a CE pre-ordered on Amazon with release date delivery, but I need to play this on Monday night at 12:01 AM.

Is there any hope for me?

They've confirmed that you can't get a refund. You can get a digital key back that you could then sell, but no refund. Well, technically this isn't true, you can get a refund, but your characters will be wiped.

Naito

Hyper factor over the roof! On the other hand, I'm terrified I won't be able to enjoy DIII as good as I'd like to, since I'll have to rely to play it on my macbook for the first week... damn TT

Yoshichan

Why is it that Diablo III is on Amazon for 42 € while it's on Battle.net for 59,99 €? Is the latter one the collector edition?
Battle.net-taxes, bro! There is no digital CE.

Kiraly

It just hit me that it is only saturday - I thought it was sunday already as I was proper wasted last night and have been doing fuck all today. AAAARGH DIABLO

LordCanti

Really now? That's not that bad a deal. Might be worth it.

Is that what most of you are doing?

The rub is that we aren't quite sure how that key will be given back. As a code that you could just copy/paste and sell, or an attached item on your account that you can only trade or something (making selling it a PITA)

I'm not sure anyway. I'm sure someone knows.

Yoshichan

It just hit me that it is only saturday - I thought it was sunday already as I was proper wasted last night and have been doing fuck all today. AAAARGH DIABLO
This truly is the most worthless, slowest weekend of all time. Everything is so fucking sluggish.

I haven't been this excited for a game in a long time.

It's been years of waiting... but now I have a nine month old daughter and as a stay at home dad I won't have as much time as I always dreamed about spending.

I'll jealously watch my brother fly through the game only to sigh and return to my lower level dude.

(At least my wife is a teacher and summer holidays are coming up - I'll get a lot more time then.)

It's been years of waiting... but now I have a nine month old daughter and as a stay at home dad I won't have as much time as I always dreamed about spending.

I'll jealously watch my brother fly through the game only to sigh and return to my lower level dude.

(At least my wife is a teacher and summer holidays are coming up - I'll get a lot more time then.)

There was someone in this thread earlier today who played with his child on his lap. Maybe you should PM him for some tips :D

This is the most heart wrenching thing I've ever read.

injurai

Banned
This truly is the most worthless, slowest weekend of all time. Everything is so fucking sluggish.

The united nations should sign a pact to remove the next two days from the calender. The acknowledgment of the next two days would be a crime against humanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom