• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Isn't it 2am CST?

Yeah but I want to wake up before the launch and make coffee or something :x

Edit: On the subject of account hacking, my account isn't eligible for the automated retrieve account process? Neat. Do I bother going through support for an account I don't care about...

MedIC86

It was not really account hacking that was the issue in D2, it was hacked character and servers. WoW is where the account stealing started, since there was way more money in that.

Yep, that was why in my 'glory days' of diablo 2 i only dealed with unidentified items to be sure they were legit...that helped...for a while :(

Punisher

Neo Member
Spoilers from the... past?

The book also has info on lesser evils that: "haven't shown themselves in sanctuary yet"

Now I know what to expect from them if they do make an appearance! Especially if they invite me to their realms!

I thought that was kind of big. I don't mind though but I can see other ppl minding tbh.

theta11

Yeah but I want to wake up before the launch and make coffee or something :x

Edit: On the subject of account hacking, my account isn't eligible for the automated retrieve account process? Neat. Do I bother going through support for an account I don't care about...

A friend managed to get his hacked account back within 24 hours. It's really down to if want to bother waiting or not. If you don't have any licenses attached to the account you could probably abandon it but personally I'd just recover it.

injurai

Banned
Guys I need a work out plan for D3. This is what I was thinking.

Kill a unique -- 5 push ups , 5 situps
lvl up -- 5 push ups , 5 situps
Find a rare -- 10 push ups , 10 sit ups
Kill boss -- 20 push ups , 20 sit ups
Clear Act -- Run a mile, Hit the gym.

could be made into a drinking game as well...

Only if its after beating the game on inferno. Gotta stay competitive on that ladder.

A friend managed to get his hacked account back within 24 hours. It's really down to if want to bother waiting or not. If you don't have any licenses attached to the account you could probably abandon it but personally I'd just recover it.

Yeah.. plus you might get some kind of feat of strength for having a WoW account on your battle.net account if you care about things like that.

scy

The book also has info on lesser evils that: "haven't shown themselves in sanctuary yet"

Now I know what to expect from them if they do make an appearance! Especially if they invite me to their realms!

I thought that was kind of big. I don't mind though but I can see other ppl minding tbh.

I think they're mentioned in the manuals of the prior games and even some of the surrounding lore. I mean, some of the information in the Book of Cain is no doubt new stuff on them.

ladder is gone isn't it?

Trying for #1 spot on the ladder may have been the worst decision I ever made in my Diablo 2 time. Glad I didn't bite on all the resets.

$79.95 AUD for a digital version is a bit of a butt pummelling. If I buy a digital version when i'm in the USA in a few months, will I still be able to play it when I return to Australia? We need to start a worldwide economy for this kind of shit, should just be buying it in US dollars.

kyubajin

Excellent idea! I'll be doing this for sure.

$79.95 AUD for a digital version is a bit of a butt pummelling. If I buy a digital version when i'm in the USA in a few months, will I still be able to play it when I return to Australia? We need to start a worldwide economy for this kind of shit, should just be buying it in US dollars.
Yes, you're paying for the CD key that gets linked to your Battle.net region, however thanks to Global Play you can play on whichever region you so desire.

knitoe

Yessssss...I was able to pick the collector's edition with release day delivery from Amazon last night. As going to get the regular, but if it's addicting as 1/2, I'll he playing it for years so extra cost would be nothing over the timeframe.

scy

Might as well then if only just to clear the "This account has been banned!" message off of it.

RPGCrazied

Oh fuck it, I ordered the CE on Wal-Mart. I have this strong feeling they don't actually have those in stock, and will get an inventory is sold out in an email. I tried.

LordCanti

Will it not let you buy a US key via paypal or something?

Anyone else order it from Wal-Mart today or yesterday?

Check slickdeals. There's a whole thread of people that bought them.

Boken

Banned

Dicksmith online had it for 60$, and JB hifi has it for 70$ instore.

oh god, spoilers on gaf. IM OUT GOOD WORK CORKY

Suairyu

Banned
wait wait wait wait wait WAIT

Diablo II spoilers:
Just defeated the fallen angel... so the entire rebellion of the lesser evils, resulting in the exile of the prime evils, was engineered by the three primes from the beginning?!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Léon/Diablo fanfic.... Mmmmmm...

d[-_-]b

Banned
I'm trying to hold off on picking this up.... have finals this week, would like a collector's edition, how much are those going for?

RPGCrazied

I hope it ships. Blizzard makes the nicest CE's ever. I'm still using my Cataclysm mousepad, I need a new one! Also the skull is a pretty cool item, nice desk piece! :) and the USB drive is cool. The art books are pure sex, and so are the sound tracks. Do you think the CG's will be on one of those blu-rays are all those are just making ofs?

LordCanti

d[-_-]b;37800996 said:
I'm trying to hold off on picking this up.... have finals this week, would like a collector's edition, how much are those going for?

$99 from Wal-Mart. Will take a while to ship to you, but it's the only place with CE's currently available in the US.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow, Steelseries took notice of the line and gave them a bunch of stuff as-well! PC-community ♥
He spoiled something in the comment I quoted, but since it's in quote form it isnt shown on my message.

It's about the final chapter in the Book of Cain, which is also a spoiler for a scene in Diablo 3.
Hahahahaha

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
He spoiled something in the comment I quoted, but since it's in quote form it isnt shown on my message.

It's about the final chapter in the Book of Cain, which is also a spoiler for a scene in Diablo 3.

You give too much credence to my lore writing capabilities, but I dare say I am flattered.

Dude did you even read the quote :lol

Oh shit lols.

Yeah I feel like such an idiot now. Apologies to everyone, tension has been high lately. Getting paranoid about spoilers.

You give too much credence to my lore writing capabilities, but I dare say I am flattered.

Yeah I read just a bit of it, got alarmed, and scrolled down as quick as I can.

And was so pissed about it so decided to comment, sorry :p

kyubajin

Someone on this thread said it before but, I wish there's a Capra Demon-like difficulty spike in this game. And no, I'm not talking Inferno but Nightmare and beyond.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Oh shit lols.

Yeah I feel like such an idiot now. Apologies to everyone, tension has been high lately. Getting paranoid about spoilers.

Well... there are grenades in diablo 3 so I guess it's not.... no, no it's too crazy to be true.

Yoshichan

They should take notice of this thread... This is practically a digital line.
Stand in line, folks!

FlbdG.gif
FlbdG.gif
FlbdG.gif
FlbdG.gif
FlbdG.gif
FlbdG.gif
FlbdG.gif
FlbdG.gif
FlbdG.gif
FlbdG.gif
FlbdG.gif
FlbdG.gif
FlbdG.gif
Nazw3.png

Yoshichan

So you can actually craft Legendaries and find them? Or only find them?
You can find and craft them. The one legendary I saw that could be crafted cost 6 digits though :/

I noticed on Amazon that there are now two different versions of the Limited Edition official guide, differing by ISBN Number. I'm guessing the one that I'm getting in the post today is going to be less accurate than what is coming out later.

Older(?) Guide
ISBN-10: 0744013569
ISBN-13: 978-0744013566

Possibly Newer Version
ISBN-10: 1409382966
ISBN-13: 978-1409382966

Yoshichan

13 copies for yourself?!
I edited my post with ".........." as in there are more than that but they couldn't fit the picture.

IMPORTANT INFO!
If you've pre-downloaded the digital version of the game in EU English or German before 10:00 AM CEST (9:00 AM GMT) on Saturday May 12, you must obtain the new downloaders to be able to install properly once the game is released on May 15. We apologize for the inconvenience, and ask that you please let friends and acquaintances know so they can begin downloading the working installer that's now available.
(installers in the link) http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4410912/

Just another reminder for anyone who wants to avoid getting spoiled (it's getting worse the closer we get to the launch day)!
^This script hides all Youtube-comments. There will be spoilers on Youtube so you better to install this script!

This needs to be quotes as-well!
Apparently it's important for people that were in the beta to manually remove some files from their system before installing the full game.

http://blues.incgamers.com/Posts/11/1/47/877/160963/important-uninstall-the-beta

And this!
Just another warning/reminder.

You should really have a blizzard authenticator for this game. Either an IOS/Android version, or the actual physical generator. There's going to be *alot* of hacked accounts, and you don't want to be one of them. Your password, no matter how complex it is, isn't safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom