• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wag

It looks like I won't be getting my $50 copy from Newegg by Tues. Damn. I guess that's what happens when I want to save $10.:(

Do you guys think going for the CE edition is a wise move?I have never seen a CE sell out like this before.Where I live all CE's are pre-ordered, the only way to maybe get one is to stand in line at 12 at night for the midnight launch to maybe get lucky but doubtful, otherwise its all gone EVERYWHERE.I am pretty sure that guys will be re-selling them at double or triple the price online after launch.

Suairyu

Banned
Act IV of Diablo II is the first time the game has actually felt somewhat like Diablo I. Fantastic conclusion to the base game. Wish the entire game had been like it. I might have enjoyed myself.

Onto Act V.

But again, I ask: (Act IV spoilers)
Really? The three prime evil's exile from hell at the hands of the lesser evil was of their own design? That's quite a retcon...(lol blizzard storytelling)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
She'll become the most undercore of all people!

RPGCrazied

Do you guys think going for the CE edition is a wise move?I have never seen a CE sell out like this before.Where I live all CE's are pre-ordered, the only way to maybe get one is to stand in line at 12 at night for the midnight launch to maybe get lucky but doubtful, otherwise its all gone EVERYWHERE.I am pretty sure that guys will be re-selling them at double or triple the price online after launch.

You can try your luck with Wal-Mart. It says they have some still for preorders, but you won't get it until a week after the release date. Everywhere else online looks to be sold out. Hell the page my be in error and Wal-Mart be out of stock too.

Another question. I get the digital copy for free, annual sub here. Since I'm getting the CE(I hope), do I get free WoW time too?

hehe... thing is, back in the day i created kind of a joke account on battle.net just to be able to download my diablo II game online. Now that i made a real account (with my real name etc.) it would be nice to have everything in one place. :/

Ah gotcha...hmm is there no way to transfer purchases to another account through bliz support?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Do we know if the login screen has a consistent song now or is it still random like in the beta? I like all the songs in the beta, but I don't like them being random :( I want to start the game and know what song's about to play in the login screen, like in WoW.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
The code in the CE? If so, it comes on a little card in the CE box I think. If that's the case, you can just apply the code to the other BNet account and be good to go.

hehe... thing is, back in the day i created kind of a joke account on battle.net just to be able to download my diablo II game online. Now that i made a real account (with my real name etc.) it would be nice to have everything in one place. :/
:|

LordCanti

$170-ish seems to be the going rate right now on Ebay.

If I trusted Ebay/Paypal, I'd probably just flip the CE and call it a day. I don't though so...meh.

Every time I check my computer I get a little more annoyed that Blizzard has no plan in place so that CE purchasers can play at midnight.

scy

$170-ish seems to be the going rate right now on Ebay.

If I trusted Ebay/Paypal, I'd probably just flip the CE and call it a day. I don't though so...meh.

Every time I check my computer I get a little more annoyed that Blizzard has no plan in place so that CE purchasers can play at midnight.

It's what we get for being dirty peasants.

...wait.

You can try your luck with Wal-Mart. It says they have some still for preorders, but you won't get it until a week after the release date. Everywhere else online looks to be sold out. Hell the page my be in error and Wal-Mart be out of stock too.

Another question. I get the digital copy for free, annual sub here. Since I'm getting the CE(I hope), do I get free WoW time too?

Wall-Mart might be a bit far since I live in South Africa but will carry on hunting for one,I think i,ll start looking by going east.....

Act IV of Diablo II is the first time the game has actually felt somewhat like Diablo I. Fantastic conclusion to the base game. Wish the entire game had been like it. I might have enjoyed myself.

Onto Act V.

But again, I ask: (Act IV spoilers)
Really? The three prime evil's exile from hell at the hands of the lesser evil was of their own design? That's quite a retcon...(lol blizzard storytelling)

nvm ^_^

LordCanti

I was in the process of writing my post when you posted, so I didn't see your followup.

You could contact Blizzard's CS and try your luck I guess.

Don't feel like calling them and tell them I made a joke account. Because that's kind against there TOS.

Edit: Bah you keep posting while I'm writing :p

So how much free WoW time do you get if you buy the CE and have the annual sub?

I want to say four months, but don't hold me to it.

Yoshichan

Haha mysocksarepink, you're so confused!

Yoshichan

The hell, I never heard this in the beta! This shit is awesome.
It's the (multiple) login screen-music that's randomized.

Just another warning/reminder.

You should really have a blizzard authenticator for this game. Either an IOS/Android version, or the actual physical generator. There's going to be *alot* of hacked accounts, and you don't want to be one of them. Your password, no matter how complex it is, isn't safe.

Why? I don't understand how you can get hacked if, 1) you have a good password, 2) you don't tell anyone said password, and most importantly 3) you're not an idiot that gets fooled by spoof e-mails and shady links. Are you telling me that people are going to try to brute force accounts and stuff? I'm an Internet veteran (an "expert" if you will, lol) and have never had anything hacked ever, including years of playing Diablo 2. Why do I need this?

Raide

After playing some Diablo 1, does anyone else have the weird feeling that a Turn-based Claymation version would have been pretty bizarre and awesome? Diablo 3 would have been very different. :D

LordCanti

It's what we get for being dirty peasants.

...wait.

Pretty much =/

Wait in line I guess.

You can't have it both ways man :/

I could, if they'd issue a refund for the digital version after my CE arrives. I realize that's a customer support nightmare for them if everyone starts doing that, but....

;_; I just want to play

Why? I don't understand how you can get hacked if, 1) you have a good password, 2) you don't tell anyone said password, and most importantly 3) you're not an idiot that gets fooled by spoof e-mails and shady links. Are you telling me that people are going to try to brute force accounts and stuff? I'm an Internet veteran (an "expert" if you will, lol) and have never had anything hacked ever, including years of playing Diablo 2. Why do I need this?

That's what he's telling you. Get the authenticator; it's free, and it's easy.

Will the game unlock at the same time across all the timezones (like 12am for West Coast, 3am for East Coast), or will it be 12am per timezone?

V_Arnold

Please, please, for the love of God, read back just a few pages. Look after the issue. The "I have never been hacked before" is NOT a defense against attacks that are specifically going after your WoW/D3 accounts. If you are an expert, you surely did not miss all the news regarding the attacks made specifically for stealing WoW accounts.

Dude I was just like you until my WOW account got hacked...

Just do it

scy

I use good passwords (and rotated them fairly often), didn't share my account, and I'd like to think I'm not an idiot. My WoW account was apparently hacked.

And it's definitely more prevalent with WoW and other MMOS than Diablo 2. Hell, I don't even think there were that many in D2 since it was mostly hacked/duped items.

Edit: For what it's worth, my WoW account getting hacked would also be my first hacked account.

RPGCrazied

I was one of those people, "I've never been hacked, never will". Then one day I do get hacked and 10 of my 10 toons was stripped of everything! I did eventually get everything back, but I so bought one of those authenticators and haven't had a problem since.

theta11

They don't even need to hack you. Tons of databases have been hacked so if you use a non-unique password you may be ask risk. I'm not sure why if you are in internet veteran as you say would you not want to use additional account security especially since it's free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom