• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The OP was updated with that info, plus the installer links were changed to the correct (new) ones.

People need to check the top of the OP at least once a day, as I will put updates there!
Great job sir, great job!
Oh yes. Just think of the possibilities of a female diablo x female barbarian!
Fixed for truth! :3 You tell'em zlatko!

Ok, Im gonna bite.

Could anyone here give me a good barb build.

I would like something where I dont have help (I think there is one where you summon Ancients to help you) and has at least one good AoE attack so I dont have to always kill one enemy at a time.

Thanks

scy

I need a strong pair of headphones in the future.

I wear glasses so they can't be over the ears like I currently have. They pinch and it hurts after an hour of wearing. I also don't want ear buds because they hurt too.

I was thinking of the ones you can wear behind the ear that are smaller, or like it wraps around the neck and the ear pieces sit on the ear and aren't bigger than your actual ear.

Are there any really good kinds of these that produce excellent sound, but also aren't that expensive?

Tell me GAF so my Diablo 3 experience can sound glorious.

You'd have better luck with headphones GAF probably. You can look for good full-sized headphones (e.g., over ear) rather than on-ear. The ATH-M50s are pretty much the go-to recommendation at the "mid" price range.

Trash Man

Neo Member
If I get the authenticator app for my iPhone, what happens if I then lose/break the phone? How would I then go about logging in?

If they do a Diablo 3 styled authenticator, I'll be picking one up for £9. Silly not to.

Thanks for the info on the authenticator, I'd never heard of it before. But then I've not played a Blizz game for about 4-5 years now.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ok, Im gonna bite.

I would like something where I dont have help (I think there is one where you summon Ancients to help you) and has at least one good AoE attack so I dont have to always kill one enemy at a time.

Thanks
But I thought you were gonna experiment for yourself, what happened to that :3?!

Tacitus_

Fixed for truth! :3 You tell'em zlatko!

DH is hotter!

Ok, Im gonna bite.

Thanks
I cooked this build (based on generating Fury for Whirlwind and then using that to smash people in the face). It does have a bit of defense on it since I built it thinking about Inferno so feel free to drop some of the defense for offense.
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#ahXRiP!TeY!bYc.ZZ

Raide

If I get the authenticator app for my iPhone, what happens if I then lose/break the phone? How would I then go about logging in?

If they do a Diablo 3 styled authenticator, I'll be picking one up for £9. Silly not to.

Thanks for the info on the authenticator, I'd never heard of it before. But then I've not played a Blizz game for about 4-5 years now.

You can have it removed from your account until you can find your phone or replace it.

maharg

idspispopd
Well it wouldn't be a holy knight/paladin. It will probably be some other sort of knight like class. Druid would be awesome too.

I can't remember where I heard this, but I'm almost certain it was from Blizzard. That the Necromancer is the only D2 (other than the barb) that would be coming back in for most part its pure form. And that the Necro provides a different enough playstyle from the WD to merit this decision.

I could just be spreading lies...
Belial may be controlling me >.<

That would be strange. Of the two D2 classes like the WD, Druid and Necro, I think Necro is far more like the WD.

Yoshichan

The jitters, man. I need a Diablo fix now. Cant wait till Tuesday! :(

Also its just one build I wont search more. I promise. You gotta believe me man. :p
Well, here's a good start (I didn't go with any runes, I just chose four basic - but really good skills - that fits your demand)! Frenzy lets you attack super fast, use whirlwind when you want to AoE and Revenge everytime it procs. Ignore Pain is essential when you start fighting enemies that deal a lot of damage!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WhRV

Experiment with the rest of the skills (that means choose your own runes and passives that fit your style)!

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, Im gonna bite.

Thanks
I've been trying to come up with a good build for a barbarian myself. This should be quite efficient, at least for starting difficulties, if soloing: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#aeRSfT!gdY!ZZcaZa

There are some AoE attacks, you regain health quite well and there are several damage multipliers.

Raide

Druid class focusing on Shape-shifting, not elemental abilities like D2. Get those Wolves, Bears and Dire Badgers going!

chris-013

Well, here's a good start (I didn't go with any runes, I just chose four basic - but really good skills - that fits your demand)! Frenzy lets you attack super fast, use whirlwind when you want to AoE and Revenge everytime it procs. Ignore Pain is essential when you start fighting enemies that deal a lot of damage!

Experiment with the rest of the skills (that means choose your own runes and passives that fit your style)!

So what class will you play at the launch ? Hardcore or Softcore ?

injurai

Banned
That would be strange. Of the two D2 classes like the WD, Druid and Necro, I think Necro is far more like the WD.

Well the WD has the whole temporary summons thing going on, so they are more just ways of visualizing a new style of casting. Necro has the whole army of the undead thing going but who knows. Blizzard is always coming up with better ideas to replace the old.

Yoshichan

So what class will you play at the launch ? Hardcore or Softcore ?
The plan was originally to start a cc-focused sorc on hardcore but my arena-team forced me to change completely. I'm on softcore now and I'm more synergized with the group, I will play a (female) frenzy barb focused on quick strikes, health steals and mobility. Here's a summary of the "path" I might be going for:

1. 60 Barb (SC) -> ignore inferno
2. 60 Sorc (HC) -> ignore inferno
3. Continue my Barb (SC) -> clear inferno and start farming

From that point, we'll see what I want to do.

Thanks. I did try Frenzy on the open beta weekend and I dont know. I liked Cleave a lot more.

Whirlwind seems nice. Ignore Pain could last a little longer (even with a rune its still 7 secs).

Revenge + Provocation Rune seems sweet.

Maybe if i combine Ignore Pain and Threatning shout....damn Yoshi you're getting me hooked.

Yeah, yeah, i asked for it :p

injurai

Banned
The plan was originally to start a cc-focused sorc on hardcore but my arena-team forced me to change completely. I'm on softcore now and I'm more synergized with the group, I will play a (female) frenzy barb focused on quick strikes, health steals and mobility. Here's a summary of the "path" I might be going for:

Sorc... lol old habits.

scy

I don't know if I could get to 60 and then not do Inferno. Looking forward to that way too much to not jump right into it!

Yoshichan

Thanks. I did try Frenzy on the open beta weekend and I dont know. I liked Cleave a lot more.
You can't judge Frenzy based of the beta since you couldn't kill shit fast enough :3 Things will be different when you start gearing yourself up and kill shit instantaneously. That way you'll be stacking up those Frenzy-buffs and it'll go even faster!
Whirlwind seems nice. Ignore Pain could last a little longer (even with a rune its still 7 secs).
It's an "oh-shit"-button. Something you activate when you KNOW you're about to die. It's not something you use "just because you feel like it".

RPGCrazied

Wal-Mart deal is now gone. Says sold out online, but my order still shows up "processing" under account. Please let me get one!

Yoshichan

damn Yoshi you're getting me hooked.
Here's my old fanfic from page 7 or whatever, this might hype you out even more!
Just the thought of running around as an insanely fast barbarian, dual wielding axes, going all frenzy on everything that's even remotely close to you, constantly dealing strikes faster than the wind, while regenerating health and rage as you hit over and over and over and over and over again.
Sorc... lol old habits.
Shit, sorry ._.

zlatko

Banned
Currently, us undercore gaffers, we are one with the shadows. Twilight comes, as it must. However, we are all but shadows in the void. I hear the call of the stars. Each night nightfall falls, and so will you. Cold is the void.

However, come May 15th, we bask in the twilight. Diablo is the heart of darkness. He is the voice of eclipse.

Amir0x

Banned
Currently, us undercore gaffers, we are one with the shadows. Twilight comes, as it must. However, we are all but shadows in the void. I hear the call of the stars. Each night nightfall falls, and so will you. Cold is the void.

However, come May 15th, we bask in the twilight. Diablo is the heart of darkness. He is the voice of eclipse.

uh... huh

Yoshichan

Twilight comes
BEWARE!!!
*two seconds later*
"FUCK, I swear to God, I clicked the button!"

edit: ^credits to whoever gets that.

Hansel

Banned

Umbasa.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

How so? WD summons are more limited like the Druid's, and their spells are more elemental like the Druid's. Plus WD doesn't really have a lot of curses. Necro is more like a disruptive support character with lots of summons doing the damage for him, WD feels more like a survival character that uses summons more for crowd control than damage.

You can't judge Frenzy based of the beta since you couldn't kill shit fast enough :3 Things will be different when you start gearing yourself up and kill shit instantaneously. That way you'll be stacking up those Frenzy-buffs and it'll go even faster!

It's an "oh-shit"-button. Something you activate when you KNOW you're about to die. It's not something you use "just because you feel like it".

Um...interesting. Maybe I use Cleave for awhile and then switch to Frenzy. Also, my keyboard skills are crappy. Every moment will be an "oh-shit" moment for me xD

Here's my old fanfic from page 7 or whatever, this might hype you out even more!

Nice, but Im thinking of doing a 2-hander barb. :)

Yoshichan

Nice, but Im thinking of doing a 2-hander barb. :)
Oh that changes everything! You should totally not go 2H Frenzy :3 So yeah, cleave or bash (depending on what fits your style of play) would be the preferable skill!

So did anyone play the beta on a MBP? If so how'd it run?

I've got dual-boot but the recommended requirements are lower on the MBP than in Windows 7 (only needs a 330M which I have)

I've played it on a MBP (2011). It's the one with the dedicated graphics (so Intel 3000 + AMD RADEON HD 6750M). It was really smooth on high settings. No lag whatsoever. :)

Grampasso

I'll play Templar if they'd unlock it. GIMMEH MAH PALADIN-y class!

This is why I'm making Demon Hunter into Paladin 2.awesome. He's gonna be that badass.

Now all I need is:

lightsabre.jpg

An elegant weapon for an uncivilized age.

That's one of the most underestimated weapons in DII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom