• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burger

So did anyone play the beta on a MBP? If so how'd it run?

I've got dual-boot but the recommended requirements are lower on the MBP than in Windows 7 (only needs a 330M which I have)

I have the same model (i5 2.4 330m) and the beta ran pretty good at full res, with some things on low, medium. I'm running on Windows at launch to see if the performance is better (which it probably will be) although Bliz have said the retail runs better on Macs anyway...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I think you need to spend some time with it and focus on what you really want to achieve with this build! I look at some of those runes and I feel that you've gone through the "basic, yet bland"-route! But try it out in-game, by all means! This might be the perfect fit for you~ ♥

Yes, Master Yoda....I mean, Yoshi. xD

Currently, us undercore gaffers, we are one with the shadows. Twilight comes, as it must. However, we are all but shadows in the void. I hear the call of the stars. Each night nightfall falls, and so will you. Cold is the void.

However, come May 15th, we bask in the twilight. Diablo is the heart of darkness. He is the voice of eclipse.
...and so it came to pass, that there was great gathering of foul creatures awaiting the witching hour. Their fervor grew and grew, becoming louder and more feverish as the moment arrived for their dark ritual. Then, as the hands of doom struck midnight...silence. Silence and fear

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Did we seriously just crash GAF :lol?

Finally bit the bullet, but can't download it as my new PC'll be here on monday, so I'll have to wait till then I suppose. Did the blizz authenticator on IOS though, what a slick little application. Very futurey.

Yoshichan

edit: that was the slowest double post I've ever managed to do... frikkin' GAF crash :(

zlatko

Banned
...and so it came to pass, that there was great gathering of foul creatures awaiting the witching hour. Their fervor grew and grew, becoming louder and more feverish as the moment arrived for their dark ritual. Then, as the hands of doom struck midnight...silence. Silence and fear

1885750_o.gif

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
It's the end! Diablo will crash GAF forever!!

This is just foreshadowing what's going to happen to the Diablo 3 servers come the 15th.

I dunno, you'd think Blizz would have enough practice so far to anticipate demand. Be a whole lot of egg on their face if folks who just wanna play singleplayer end up with lagged out games because of bad server management.

neoism

Guys are the installers in the OP just for the digital version, or could I use it to download the game and use my key for when I get the disc version Tuesday

injurai

Banned
I dunno, you'd think Blizz would have enough practice so far to anticipate demand. Be a whole lot of egg on their face if folks who just wanna play singleplayer end up with lagged out games because of bad server management.

Its a trade off of over investing in expensive servers, or having the launch go shaky. Don't forget player counts drop off after a while, and it's hard to predict sales sometimes. Word of mouth seems to be insane for D3.

Guys are the installers in the OP just for the digital version, or could I use it to download the game and use my key for when I get the disc version Tuesday

works for any version. What matters is that you tie your cd key to your account then log in.

You can download the files now, install on Monday, then when you get the physical copy add the key to your Bnet account and you won't need the disc.

Yoshichan

Does it bother anyone else how the legendary items are being handled?

- Some unique stats + random affixes for every legendary item
- Random amount of legendary items per item type (2 mighty weapons, 7 quivers, 4 orbs, etc.)
- Less total than LoD even though there are more item types.

I personally absolutely loved uniques from the previous game, and I think they are what made the game incredibly interesting. You would make entire builds around certain items, and knowing instantly what it meant getting that item was a cool feeling.

Well vanilla D3 has more uniques than vanilla D2 did. LoD has more but it's an expansion and I'm sure the D3 expansion will have at least as many as LoD, probably a lot more.

By the way, what do you mean by random affixes? so they have a set DPS range and a couple unique stats, then the rest of the stats are totally random? it's not like in d2 where all the stats were fixed and you'd have a set range of them?

Ploid 3.0

Having connection problems on Path of Exile, I was really getting into that game. It's pretty fun and very graphically good looking. Hope Diablo has me hooked like this, so close to leveling up my frost wave gem.

zlatko

Banned
So what's some bad ass wallpapers for desktops you guys are rocking for D3?

I took that one a few pages back of Diablo on the far left. What else is hot desktop fap material?

Yoshichan

Damn you. Now I keep looking at the screen and thinking of ways that one skill can enhance the other.

I though of doing this build where 2 shouts plus passive would make me hit really hard for a few seconds.

First draft of this build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#bhRSiP!aXS!.caZaZ
Now you're starting to think smart (skills synergizes with each other, remember this)! The most important part is to actually try them out in-game. You wouldn't wanna theorycraft a build and completely change it before actually trying it out first :3

scy

By the way, what do you mean by random affixes? so they have a set DPS range and a couple unique stats, then the rest of the stats are totally random? it's not like in d2 where all the stats were fixed and you'd have a set range of them?

My assumption is that some parts of set in stone with some random affixes on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom