• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan_

Again some wallpaper goodness for the lovers of a minimalistic approach.
Courtesy of /r/Diablo!

FRlKC.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ryan_, that's actually my one and favorite D3 wallpaper! It's a bit subtle, super clean and just bad ass overall! I had it for months :3

Ploid 3.0

man i thought this weekend would crawl by, spent most of the day playing path of exile (open stress test) and now have 30 pages to go through, I'm not sure what thread is moving faster, this one or Dark Souls before launch. Gotta say, Path of Exile isnt as bad as i thought it would be, definitely different from D3 and has a much more hostile fan base (for the love of god turn off general chat if you try it). Its a nice distraction and since its F2P, I think I'll end up playing it when I want to take a break from d3 or wait for friends to get on. Now time to catch up on what i missed :p

When I first booted up PoE this morning (I was just going to try it out and go to sleep) my mouth dropped. The rain and thunder, graphics etc. I ended up playing until I had to stop at about 9am (it started storming outside seriously). I think these type of games are going to be my favorite, and the good thing is there are a few of them coming out. I'll just get them all.

Ryan_

Ryan_, that's actually my one and favorite D3 wallpaper! It's a bit subtle, super clean and just bad ass overall! I had it for months :3

Very true on all accounts. I'm currently rocking the Tyrael one though since... well... It's Tyrael :)

Might print this one out to create some atmosphere at the LAN I'm hosting

Its interesting that you mentioned the QWERT buttons cause I just remembered that that is what Path of Exile uses and I like it a lot.

So, I guess Im changing it. Liking tthis Kripp guy.

200 pages is the cut off right? Lol wow will we see a OT2 before Tuesday?

Every hour wasted doing something feels like a small victory in the fight for Tuesday
LLShC.gif

When I first booted up PoE this morning (I was just going to try it out and go to sleep) my mouth dropped. The rain and thunder, graphics etc. I ended up playing until I had to stop at about 9am (it started storming outside seriously). I think these type of games are going to be my favorite, and the good thing is there are a few of them coming out. I'll just get them all.

Yea me too, I was gonna just give it 5 minutes but then it turned into a marathon session. I know I'll be getting T2 during a holiday steam sale or something. Its so weird using that barter system though, who would have thought we'd have to horde Identity scrolls lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Its interesting that you mentioned the QWERT buttons cause I just remembered that that is what Path of Exile uses and I like it a lot.
Hell yeah, customization can open up so many paths you never thought were possible.

Awesome!

Ryan_

Keep a close eye on his channel, you'll be seeing a lot of tips and tricks appear for all aspects of the game in the coming weeks ;-)

If you have any other questions, send me a PM!

Ashodin

200 pages is the cut off right? Lol wow will we see a OT2 before Tuesday?

Every hour wasted doing something feels like a small victory in the fight for Tuesday
LLShC.gif

You mean it's a hour closer to the impending doom of Sanctuary and our return to the world of DIABLO.

I don't like that one, it's too much unused space. Looks like someone just pasted the diablo head on a plain black background. The angel/tyrael one is the most GG.

scy

Why are you guys so confident?

I mean, they better be on the ball with it, because duping would immediately destroy the RMAH but I never put it past people to find them exploits.

Things all on their end makes it a lot easier for them to control things. Why it was so prevalent in D2 was due to how much access we had on our end of things.

Yoshichan

Also, how do you know you have One of the Chosen feat of strength?
If you got a beta invite then you're gonna get the achievement :3

zlatko

Banned
Hitting OT2 before release just isn't possible, unless we just decided to stop talking about the game or anything remotely associated with it ALA HaloGAF threads. TROLOLOLOLOL

Ashodin

If you got a beta invite then you're gonna get the achievement :3

I thought you have to beat the Skeleton King in the closed beta... cuz I kinda had it for a while and I only was able to play a bit of it - (I still haven't beaten the Skeleton King).

So I guess I get it without even doing much of anything :3

Dresden

so do you guys plan on buying any other game this month after diablo 3 comes out? only thing i'll be getting is dragon's dogma

scy

so do you guys plan on buying any other game this month after diablo 3 comes out? only thing i'll be getting is dragon's dogma

Basically every game I was going to normally buy will ... well, will actually still be bought on release. I'm terrible at this :(

Xater

I also have max Payne 3 pre-ordered. I am really excited for both games. Dragon's Dogma is a certain skip after the reviews that are all over the place.

Ashodin

I doubt Guild Wars 2 will show up this month, so whenever that comes out, I'm all over it. I post over in that thread heavily as well.

My girlfriend is packing (it's taking her forever) so I figured I'd start the 9 Hours of Tsukuba Endurance race on Gran Turismo 5.

Getting shit done and killing so much time 'til glorious DIII.

injurai

Banned
man o man

I am lovin torchlight 2 :) I'm gladI have something to play till the realness drops!

I'm so pissed I missed out on the give away. Oh well I'm going to see the Avengers tonight so that should help pass the time.

Then mothers day tomorrow. DiabloGAF don't forget to celebrate the one that birthed you into a world with Diablo.

Yoshichan

I thought you have to beat the Skeleton King in the closed beta... cuz I kinda had it for a while and I only was able to play a bit of it - (I still haven't beaten the Skeleton King).

So I guess I get it without even doing much of anything :3
Yes, they've confirmed that you didn't even have to log in to get the achievement!
Hmm we may come damn close to it
Close? Maybe, but it's impossible to reach it.

zlatko

Banned

This month? Nope. Next game I know I'll buy is Persona 4 Arena fighter, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, and Halo 4.

Nothing else on my radar really.

Ryan_

I'm so pissed I missed out on the give away. Oh well I'm going to see the Avengers tonight so that should help pass the time.

Then mothers day tomorrow. DiabloGAF don't forget to celebrate the one that birthed you into a world with Diablo.

Awesome movie! You will NOT be dissapointed ;-)

RoadHazard

Gold Member

Well, D3 is gonna be a pretty quick* playthrough, isn't it? Then you've gotta beat it on the other difficulties, sure, but I'll probably visit some other games in-between.

* 15-20 hours if you read a lot of lore and access 80% of the game's content, if that official comment by Blizzard is anything to go by.

Nope.

The next game I know I'm buying day one is Assassin's Creed III.

Between an internship, nice weather, and Diablo III I won't time for anything else. I'm also not really interested in much else. This year overall is rather devoid of games I give a shit about.

Yoshichan

IMPORTANT INFO!
If you've pre-downloaded the digital version of the game in EU English or German before 10:00 AM CEST (9:00 AM GMT) on Saturday May 12, you must obtain the new downloaders to be able to install properly once the game is released on May 15. We apologize for the inconvenience, and ask that you please let friends and acquaintances know so they can begin downloading the working installer that's now available.
(installers in the link) http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4410912/

Just another reminder for anyone who wants to avoid getting spoiled (it's getting worse the closer we get to the launch day)!
^This script hides all Youtube-comments. There will be spoilers on Youtube so you better to install this script!

This needs to be quotes as-well!
Apparently it's important for people that were in the beta to manually remove some files from their system before installing the full game.

http://blues.incgamers.com/Posts/11/1/47/877/160963/important-uninstall-the-beta

And this!
Just another warning/reminder.

You should really have a blizzard authenticator for this game. Either an IOS/Android version, or the actual physical generator. There's going to be *alot* of hacked accounts, and you don't want to be one of them. Your password, no matter how complex it is, isn't safe.

KorrZ

I'm still gonna buy Max Payne 3 on the 15th as well, when I'll actually get around to playing it though...that's a whole other matter.

Ashodin

I saw that Dragon's Dogma video at GameStop when pre-ordering two copies the other day (for free, I might add). It looked pretty decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom