• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Champions/Uniques drop better loot. Nephalem Valor makes bosses on par with them. Basically, you'll want to kill Champions/Uniques primarily for loot and use Nephalem Valor to make a boss just another Champion/Unique, basically.

Edit: The only iffy part is that the buff adds an extra item drop (i.e., it goes from 2 item drops to 3). Maybe that'll be enough to make bosses worth it but it'll still be due to the buff first and foremost.

hmhm... thanks for that. It seems I have some learning to do!

Trickster

My god....2 sleeps, and less than 48 hours untill I get to play Diablo 3.

i6jd3t6eifycpvjjw3.gif

RPGCrazied

So I preordered CE edition off walmart.com last night. But it doesnt arrive till the 21st...decisions decisions...

Yay, finally another person that got it from there. Can you tell me if your delivery date and ship date disappeared? Mine still says processing but it doesn't show that info. It did say the 24th though.

Freki

In a co op loot game, yup. People have been using Stronger Team Colors in SC II. Don't think they have run into trouble.

Isn't it just an external screen filter? Shouldn't be a problem if it doesn't touch the game.

It doesn't give you any advantage so it should be ok from a logical point of view.
But Jay gave his answer when he was directly asked about dark3d - perhaps they won't allow any because it would be to hard to draw a line (like highlighting champions...)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I love you Jay!

Junie12

Just came back from an epic shopping spree, got everything I need for the month so they'll be no distractions (besides work) for D3

I am more than ready for this game, got a new mouse and keyboard just for this game! Bring it on Blizzard!

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Yay, finally another person that got it from there. Can you tell me if your delivery date and ship date disappeared? Mine still says processing but it doesn't show that info. It did say the 24th though.

Just says processing. Gives me no date besides what it told me when I ordered it.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So, i found a site with all the cinematics in high quality and decided to spoiler myself. I don't trust the internet and figured I'm better off watching them in order so I still get a sense of story progression and context than getting caught reading/hearing LOL SPOILER some time over the next 2 days.

So, i found a site with all the cinematics in high quality and decided to spoiler myself. I don't trust the internet and figured I'm better off watching them in order so I still get a sense of story progression and context than getting caught reading/hearing LOL SPOILER some time over the next 2 days.

Don't tempt me!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Going through the details of this game with a friend on Skype who doesn't know much about the game is FUN :D It's keeping me entertained and I'm hyping myself up so hard with this :3

By finding an area of the game more likely to spawn rares and elites and then marching off to a boss to take advantage of it.

It's not like Baal and Pindle were the only places in D2 where you could get good drops, they were just the easiest to min/max time vs. reward, not to mention doing something over and over again means you get better at doing it. I think it's delusional to think there won't be something similar in D3.

The way they're talking, boss runs would be less efficient than just running around a given act. They don't drop better loot, they're probably harder to kill than most rares, and when you exit and remake the game to run the boss again, you lose your buff.

It seems better to me to just clear entire acts, kill the boss then just continue to the next/previous act.

Yeah. But you sometimes have to be really careful to both be in the same place to get the quest triggers. Especially the end-of-act ones. If one of you TPs in the middle of an andarial fight, for eg., only the one down there will get into Act 2 if she dies.

Okay, thats not bad. Thanks. (TPs?)

scy

The way they're talking, boss runs would be less efficient than just running around a given act. They don't drop better loot, they're probably harder to kill than most rares, and when you exit and remake the game to run the boss again, you lose your buff.

It seems better to me to just clear entire acts, kill the boss then just continue to the next/previous act.

What will probably happen is that people will find the area with the greatest enemy density for the greatest champion/unique chance and finish off with a boss kill. Try to maximize kills in the shortest amount of time.

Sothpaw

By finding an area of the game more likely to spawn rares and elites and then marching off to a boss to take advantage of it.

It's not like Baal and Pindle were the only places in D2 where you could get good drops, they were just the easiest to min/max time vs. reward, not to mention doing something over and over again means you get better at doing it. I think it's delusional to think there won't be something similar in D3.

D3 will most likely have many times more ways to get equally good drops than the nonstop Pindle/Boss rushes in D2. Let's say there are 30 areas that, depending on the random spawns of elites, have the same risk/reward. That's already far more variety than what was offered in D2.

D3 will most likely have many times more ways to get equally good drops than the nonstop Pindle/Boss rushes in D2. Let's say there are 30 areas that, depending on the random spawns of elites, have the same risk/reward. That's already far more variety than what was offered in D2.

There will still be an area that ends up being best for elites / champions which then takes the place of pindle / baal runs. It really is inevitable and shouldn't even be seen as a bad thing at this point cause it can't be avoided in an era where everything is dissected to the point it is online.

If you want to run some other place that's not THE place to find items, feel free but don't think there wont be THE place.

What will probably happen is that people will find the area with the greatest enemy density for the greatest champion/unique chance and finish off with a boss kill. Try to maximize kills in the shortest amount of time.

Possible I guess. It depends how much the "monster density" changes in different acts or areas. If it's not a whole lot, then depending how strong the buff is, it may not be worth losing it to return to an area with say only 10% more monsters.

Tess3ract

Banned
Dark3d is ugly anyways, nothing was lost

Also Dark3d is fine, it's basically an overlay. He's talking about actually replacing graphics ala WoW style.

Sothpaw

There will still be an area that ends up being best for elites / champions which then takes the place of pindle / baal runs. It really is inevitable and shouldn't even be seen as a bad thing at this point cause it can't be avoided in an era where everything is dissected to the point it is online.

If you want to run some other place that's not THE place to find items, feel free but don't think there wont be THE place.

I actually don't think there will be THE place. Blizzard will ensure that multiple locations have equal risk/reward. There will be THE placES.

Anyway no point in arguing this further, we will be proven right/wrong soon enough.

I dont know if its because Im making a bad build, but Path of Exile is hard. :p

I want it to be Tuesday afternoon so i can play Diablo 3 dammit!!!! :(

Junie12

It is kind of weird, really, if you put it in that light. I guess.

Heh, I don't think it's weird. I put countless amount of time in D2 and played it for years!

I'll probably do the same thing with D3, I usually just play a game once and never touch it again but I know I won't be doing the same with this game :)

So I think it's okay to be hyped about a grindy game, especially if it's going to be the most addicting game you'll ever play. It's like digital crack man!

Trickster

Dark3d is ugly anyways, nothing was lost

Also Dark3d is fine, it's basically an overlay. He's talking about actually replacing graphics ala WoW style.

While I agree completely, I think it's clear that a lot of people have a different oppinion. And I think it would be fine that they use it. So long as we don't have to constantly hear people saying how much better/ more like diablo 2 the game looks with the filter.

I dont know if its because Im making a bad build, but Path of Exile is hard. :p

I want it to be Tuesday afternoon so i can play Diablo 3 dammit!!!! :(

It's definitely harder from the get go than diablo 3 is. Not in a good way though, imo. I was level 4 or 5, met a group of mobs + a rare mob with some kinda cold affix. Started hacking away at the mobs while avoiding the rare mob. Then at some point all of a sudden, the rare mob freezes me solid, and in like 3-4 second I go from 90%+ hp, to dead. Was fucking dumb considering I couldn't do a damn thing to avoid it, the rare mob did it from range.

Yoshichan

A lot of hype for a dungeon crawler. Seems odd when you think about it. Hyped for a "grindy" game.

But it's infectious.
Starting to regret that you're in my army :(

While I agree completely, I think it's clear that a lot of people have a different oppinion. And I think it would be fine that they use it. So long as we don't have to constantly hear people saying how much better/ more like diablo 2 the game looks with the filter.

I have a different opinion and need it to avoid getting a headache based off like 30 hours with the beta.

I like the default look, I like the darker/ sharper look better... nothing to do with D2.

I'm still going to use it, D3GAF.

Maffis

So I'm getting this game now. I haven't played a diablo game before nor torchlight/similar games so I'm kinda new to this. Is there a class that fits a beginner more? I'm kinda interested in a Monk, but I don't really know what they do AND I do not want to read up on the game because I want to have as little as possible spoiled for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom