• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any other concerns you might have?

Difficulty and repetitiveness was it really. Didn't feel like I had to loot... in a loot game. Kind of sad. And I have no intention of ever play on hardcore.

Well definitely check this out. I kind of need something that doesn't require too much thought or any 'emotional investment'

Sothpaw

Difficulty and repetitiveness was it really. Didn't feel like I had to loot... in a loot game. Kind of sad. And I have no intention of ever play on hardcore.

Well definitely check this out. I kind of need something that doesn't require too much thought or any 'emotional investment'

I can guarantee you that you will need to pick up loot in this game, and that the environments will be far more varied.

Glad you're not letting Torchlight muddy your view of the genre as a whole. I agree with you about Torchlight, but D3 is an entirely different beast.

Teknoman

So awesome:

wallpaper007-large.jpg

My new wallpaper. Cant wait to revisit Lut Gholein and Kurast just to see how they've changed over the years.

Also got spoiled by the damn retail box fold out at work lol.

Apparently
The Butcher
from
Diablo 1
returns. Of course seeing him in action will be just as surprising.

C'thun wasn't made impossible on purpose it was simply bugged out for a while.
It's essentially the same thing, the bug could have been overcome with DPS that was not mathematically possible to achieve. It's not like they would intentionally make something impossible when they were already gating content.

Heroic rag was killed pretty damn fast after guilds got to him.
Guilds get to practice on the PTR, first of all, right? On top of that, Heroic rag was still 500 wipes on live, so the hardest non-bugged boss in the game.

Professional guilds played 24/7 in that "pretty fast" period to kill him, should they (can they even) really make the content that would take crazy professional players weeks of 24/7 play to beat?

So awesome:

wallpaper007-large.jpg

My new wallpaper. Cant wait to revisit Lut Gholein and Kurast just to see how they've changed over the years.

Also got spoiled by the damn retail box fold out at work lol.

Apparently
The Butcher
from
Diablo 1
returns. Of course seeing him in action will be just as surprising.

You should put spoilers on those locations?

Velocity

My store got in Diablo 3 Collector's Editions as well as the Limited Edition guides in today. I held both. It was glorious. Tuesday needs to hurry the hell up!

It's essentially the same thing, the bug could have been overcome with DPS that was not mathematically possible to achieve.

Guilds get to practice on the PTR, first of all, right? On top of that, Heroic rag was 500 wipes.

Professional guilds played 24/7 in that "pretty fast" period to kill him, should they (can they even) really make the content that would take crazy professional players weeks of 24/7 play to beat?

That was kind of my point, of course they could make monsters that hit for 7 million damage when you have 200 hp to make it impossible but that would be broken gameplay. When I said its impossible for them to make impossible content I was thinking of stuff that people would still be trying to beat after months on end.

Noone is going to keep trying if they know its mathematically impossible to do and blizzards fanbase has sections that are so diehard they will beat it extremely quick as long as it IS possible.

In this case I suppose impossible is the wrong choice of words if taken in the most literal sense.

Playing the Torchlight 2 beta led me down one hell of a nostalgic path. Installed D2, played for a little bit, had the urge to search for really old music my parents used to blast while I was playing D2 in my room. Ended up here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-s738XHV6Q

Diablo-y games - one hell of a way to drudge up memories good and bad.

On topic: Still looking to party with a group come launch. I'll be playing a Monk, feel free to message me if you're looking for one.

im 50/50 on that one. i mean, its been more than a decade since diablo 2 and we know all of the locations for years, but then again, people may not know the locations. its somewhere along the lines of "oh, i cant wait to revisit tristram in diablo 3."

Wunder

What will be your diets for the first day or so? I'm planning on stocking up on fruits and perhaps green tea, maybe coffee.

What will be your diets for the first day or so? I'm planning on stocking up on fruits and perhaps green tea, maybe coffee.

I've got a box of veggie burgers in the freezer (not a vegetarian, I just enjoy them). It'll be that, some turkey and cheese wraps and some snacks for the first few days. Also have a bit of buffalo I need to cook soon.

Frostburn

I've been trying to distract myself over this weekend so I don't think too much about Diablo III until Tuesday. I cannot sleep without thinking about it. I have no idea how I'm going to concentrate at work on Tuesday knowing what is waiting for me at home.

I kind of want the Limited Edition guide just to have as a collector's item... Anyone know how many copies the local GameStop stores are getting in? I'd love to swing by on my lunch break Tuesday to grab one.

Teknoman

Shouldn't the early locations be common knowledge by now? I mean isnt that like spoiler blocking Tristram?

Honest question, because i'll go blank them out if necessary.

EDIT: beat by secretanchitman, but yeah I dont really feel that returning to long time areas unless not already stated/shown in trailers should be spoilered.

I've had the Harem Theme from Diablo II playing on loop for the last 30 minutes...

sazzy

I'll be keeping my regular schedule (eating, drinking, bathroom breaks, shower, gym) while playing sans sleep for the for the first two days or so. In no rush to well, rush through the game.

Shouldn't the early locations be common knowledge by now? I mean isnt that like spoiler blocking Tristram?

Honest question, because i'll go blank them out if necessary.

I didn't really know anything, if they were old or new locations.

I thought only the barren Tristram was from the past :p

That could be just me, I like to make myself think less so I am surprised by literally everything lolol

Teknoman

I'll be keeping my regular schedule (eating, drinking, bathroom breaks, shower, gym) while playing sans sleep for the for the first two days or so. In no rush to well, rush through the game.

Yeah i'm taking in every npc, lore entry, corner of the map, etc.

goldensun

Good to know at least SOME people in the OT have some bit of sanity ;)

I'll be playing when the servers launch, but sadly on the 15th I have a final :( So I'll only get an hours worth in. And on the 16th I have to get shoulder surgery so I won't be on for a bit after that too! I don't think I'll be in withdrawal mode though, the game isn't going anywhere :p

GorillaJu

It's really less than 48 hours? I guess it'll be opening up at 4pm on Tuesday for me in Japan. Sweet. I get home from work at about 3 on Tuesdays.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Hard drive's dying today, bad sectors everywhere. Happened (or I noticed it) as I was trying to preload Diablo III and it would get to a random point each time and wouldn't write. Then everything started freezing, PC wanted to do disk checks etc.

Needless to say everything backed up and a new hard drive on its way, but god what bad timing. According to Newegg it'll be here on the 15th. :s

Ryan_

gah, I'm still undecided about getting monk or wizard as my first.
I'm playing with two barbarians, though, so wizard might be the better choice.

Dresden

gah, I'm still undecided about getting monk or wizard as my first.
I'm playing with two barbarians, though, so wizard might be the better choice.

Monk shouldn't be too bad. They might all be melee, but you can play more support-oriented which should work out well. Not to mention the focus on different stats.

Quick question...

Is battlenet region locked?

Was thinking of picking this up... but will be in china for most of the summer. Was wondering if I can even play this abroad without some offline crack or w/e.

Teknoman

Quick question...

Is battlenet region locked?

Was thinking of picking this up... but will be in china for most of the summer. Was wondering if I can even play this abroad without some offline crack or w/e.

I think for Diablo III there are supposed to be global servers? Could be wrong though.

Why am I getting so hyped for D3 now? As late as last week it seemed fine, I would buy the game but wasn't more than meh about it.

Still doesn't seem as addictive as D1/2 to me though.

Oh it will be... It will be.
I hope so :)

It's just with skill reallocation I'd just need one of each class, instead of the hard work required to get a new build up and running.
Also an auction house doesn't have the same charm as trying your luck in the trade channels.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What is up everyone!

Today is a different day... a different day indeed! Will be picking up the essential shit that I need for next week + preparing my plan b and c (taking another computer to my friend if my Internet decides to crash during that time - which it might do... My ISP are assholes).
love this fanart:

fanart-0052-large.jpg
Now if it wasn't fanart of a silly female monk (which I still think should be called a nun) :3

Strampas

Neo Member
I've been so looking forward to this game, but now I'm a sad panda. My collectors edition has been sent to the wrong adress, so I won't be able to pick that up...

And also. Anyone here gonna play it on an older macbook pro? I've got a late 2008 macbook pro with the geforce 9400m gfx. D3 did not run well on that card when i tried the beta, and at times it was unplayable. Anyone has any experience with that card? I don't want to miss out on this game, but I guess I'm screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom