• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazzy

Did anyone pick up the Book of Cain? It's got some amazing art. Really enjoying getting a good background to everything.

I'm hoping all of the Evils are in the game as bosses.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
This is sick, woke up and checked my Skype. Saw that my friend had sent me this message:

x7XOW.png

Translation: woke up today and felt the hype in my whole body
i mean
i don't know what i should do
i think im gonna break down and cry

SHIT IS ABOUT TO GET REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!

Ainaurdur

Yoshi... I think my first HC character after my regular WD, just might be a Female Barbarian. Not sure why, but I feel like jumping in without questioning it. :3

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yoshi... I think my first HC character after my regular WD, just might be a Female Barbarian. Not sure why, but I feel like jumping in without questioning it. :3
What an amazing decision that would be, Yoshi would be proud of you!

IMPORTANT INFO!
If you've pre-downloaded the digital version of the game in EU English or German before 10:00 AM CEST (9:00 AM GMT) on Saturday May 12, you must obtain the new downloaders to be able to install properly once the game is released on May 15. We apologize for the inconvenience, and ask that you please let friends and acquaintances know so they can begin downloading the working installer that's now available.
(installers in the link) http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4410912/

Just another reminder for anyone who wants to avoid getting spoiled (it's getting worse the closer we get to the launch day)!
^This script hides all Youtube-comments. There will be spoilers on Youtube so you better to install this script!

This needs to be quotes as-well!
Apparently it's important for people that were in the beta to manually remove some files from their system before installing the full game.

http://blues.incgamers.com/Posts/11/1/47/877/160963/important-uninstall-the-beta

And this!
Just another warning/reminder.

You should really have a blizzard authenticator for this game. Either an IOS/Android version, or the actual physical generator. There's going to be *alot* of hacked accounts, and you don't want to be one of them. Your password, no matter how complex it is, isn't safe.

What is up everyone!

Today is a different day... a different day indeed! Will be picking up the essential shit that I need for next week + preparing my plan b and c (taking another computer to my friend if my Internet decides to crash during that time - which it might do... My ISP are assholes).

Now if it wasn't fanart of a silly female monk (which I still think should be called a nun) :3

Warrior nuns or Sisters of Battle? I could dig that :p

Kalnos

Banned
I've been so looking forward to this game, but now I'm a sad panda. My collectors edition has been sent to the wrong adress, so I won't be able to pick that up....

Get whoever lives there to open it and tell you the CD key. You can just download the client.

Filth

honest question: is any1 gonna use the gaf list of players? i mean the list is huge why would anyone use it?

KaYotiX

Banned
Debating if I need the CE guide to go with my CEs of Diablo III......and if I need a new headset so my wife can use my old one :)

Xater

honest question: is any1 gonna use the gaf list of players? i mean the list is huge why would anyone use it?

I am not going to add everyone from the list if that is you question. It's a good resource to find the tags you want to find though.

Ainaurdur

Why not use it? I mean sure, with 4 player games, you can only play with so many people. But it's nice to know that we'd pretty much never be lacking in people to play with.

Yoshichan

I think it's a great way of finding specific people that you want to add. That way, we don't have to ask each other "What's your Btag" every two posts :3

LowParry

Yeah guys, man up and play HC first!

I don't know if I can. I know that most of my time is going to be put in gold farming, max tradeskills, etc. Meaning most of my blues I'll probably put up on the AH for the gold. Probably have a day put in here and there to use my blues for crafting and such and turn around and sell the yellow items.

Yoshichan

But it's nice to know that we'd pretty much never be lacking in people to play with.
Thy strength is strong within this one... but thou shad' know that once the hammer of community strikes upon us, very few will survive thy impact. The strongest survive, the weak perishes.

Prove yourself out there in combat, I will await you on the other side... that is if you make it through fire and earth.

Praise the sun.

Ainaurdur

Thy strength is strong within this one... but thou shad' know that once the hammer of community strikes upon us, very few will survive thy impact. The strongest survive, the weak perishes.

Prove yourself out there in combat, I will await you in the other side.
Umbasa!

And truly, I hope to find a good balance between playing my persistent main and the HC characters. Yes I expect to lose a few. I am not perfect.

LowParry

Ya know, that just makes this all the better with builds.

Builds for the following:

Gold Farming
Groups
Boss kills
Melee
Ranged

It goes on and on.

Xater

Prove yourself out there in combat, I will await you on the other side... that is if you make it through fire and earth.

Praise the sun.

I am also totally going to add Yoshichan just to see him freak out even more than this WHILE playing D3. ;)

Yoshichan

I am also totally going to add Yoshichan just to see him freak out even more than this WHILE playing D3. ;)
Speaking of freaking out! I have made a post on my wall, explaining that people should not freak out when they notice I've ignored them on Bnet when the game is released :3

XQdnV.png

HenryHSH

I wish characters worked on all realms. Some cool people on euro side, but I have to stick with US for the optimal gameplay experience.

Yoshichan

I wish characters worked on all realms. Some cool people on euro side, but I have to stick with US for the optimal gameplay experience.
I am here to serve, experience and adapt... Before the end of time, I will have played with all of you, since I will level my characters in all major regions. I do this for the community...

FOR THE COMMUNITY!

Raide

You never know! The servers might be all awesome!

I will be in the EU zone mainly but I will be making characters for the US and other zones.

Xater

Speaking of freaking out! I have made a post on my wall, explaining that people should not freak out when they notice I've ignored them on Bnet when the game is released :3

XQdnV.png

I ma still debating if I should play through normla on my own and then with other on the higher difficulties.

Raide

I ma still debating if I should play through normla on my own and then with other on the higher difficulties.

I tend to have my main who will go solo through most of it and then a side character dedicated to MP. Or just mix and match but my main will at least finish on Normal and suck all the story goodness out of the game,

Yoshichan

I'm still debating if I should play through normal on my own and then with other on the higher difficulties.
If you feel that you've got no friends who are willing to run the first playthrough (which is undoubtedly the most important one for atmosphere and understanding of lore) at your own pace, then I would recommend going solo the first time through :)

Teknoman

Honestly i'd like to think the majority of people playing on GAF would want to roll through the story absorbing everything the first time through.

Yoshichan

Honestly i'd like to think the majority of people playing on GAF would want to roll through the story absorbing everything the first time through.
Absolutely, I'd think so as-well... but even then, we all have different paces, you get what I'm sayin' :3?

Raide

Some of us could not hold it in and have snuck off to watch things before their due time. *eyes people around the room* You know who you are.

Thoraxes

Good thing they announced a GW2 beta stress test on Monday.

I finally will have something to tide me over and hide the pain for a little bit.
But then i'll cry till my CE comes in the mail :(

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Just woke up, still in bed - on my phone.
This Thread is torture. I have to wait till the 22nd to play the game. You know how it feels to be hyped beyond your wildest dreams but also knowing you will NOT witness the first few days of Diablo III? I will be a week late and always behind. :'(

Svafnir

Man all I can think of is
dawn-of-the-second-day.jpg

I know they are entirely different games, but I think I will replay majoras mask tomorrow to hype me up.

Cipherr

Guys, does UPS let you pick up packages from their distribution center?

In my area I believe so, I believe you have to call them though before it goes out on a truck to "flag" it for pickup. Then you can just go down there with ID and proof of address and pickup.

I hope I'm remembering that right. I keep thinking its either UPS or FedEx lol.

Yoshichan

This day is gonna be fucking amazing.

That is all!

mandiller

Just installed this again, but playing it for the first time with the high-res unofficial patch. Nope, this doesn't help quench my hype.

(click for bigger)

Cromat

I don't know if I should get this or get a more single-player experience like The Witcher 2.

MMO-like grindness and obsession doesn't do it for me but this game is clearly a PC gaming milestone... And I liked the first game when I was a kid.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Don't you animals ever sleep? Gotta save some of that sanity for tomorrow night.

BeeDog

I know absolutely nothing about Diablo 3, didn't play the beta (actually, never managed to log onto a server and abandoned it) and haven't played Diablo 2 in like 11 years. Hell, never even played the expansion pack for D2, and never played the game on Battle.Net. :eek:

But I think I'll be here day 1, the hype has engulfed me.

Dresden

I don't know if I should get this or get a more single-player experience like The Witcher 2.

MMO-like grindness and obsession doesn't do it for me but this game is clearly a PC gaming milestone... And I liked the first game when I was a kid.

Food for thought:

D3's price isn't going to go down for a while. (By while I mean like the next decade barring the random sale)

Witcher 2 will go on sale a lot.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I know absolutely nothing about Diablo 3, didn't play the beta (actually, never managed to log onto a server and abandoned it) and haven't played Diablo 2 in like 11 years. Hell, never even played the expansion pack for D2, and never played the game on Battle.Net. :eek:
You are not alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom