• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punisher

Neo Member
Global play isn't available right away, so no. You need to wait for your region to launch to play.

What? I didnt't hear about this? This means I can only play on the US server from Japan?

When will global play be available then?

The global play faq says nothing about this...Or do you have to login to your version's region at least once to be able to change your region?

Rokk

Neo Member
Like someone said on the last page, I'm having a Monk v Barb dilemma :(. I had a 99hc barb in d2 that was the business so I want to recreate as much of that as possible but.. monk was awesome in beta.

Help me decide gaf!

I just woke up to more hype this morning.

I also (not literally) had a dream that I should change my class to: Witch Doctor.

It shall be done.

Anyone care to share his lvl 30 Barbarian build? Or other classes, it doesn't really matter. I need something, something to keep me busy. But it has to be something which has to do with Diablo 3.

itxaka

Defeatist
Jeez. I fell up for it. Downloading as I speak. I gonna play the shit out of the game. Thanksfully the 15th is holyday in madrid so I got all nigth to play. FUCK YOU DIABLO, IMM GONNA SMASH YOUR SHIT.

Any place I can read the whole Diablo story? I want to refresh my memory but I won't be able to see the videos on the OP at work so I rather read it so I don't forget anything.

Fjord

I need something, something to keep me busy. But it has to be something which has to do with Diablo 3.

Here's some theorycraft I sent to my friends earlier, let me know what you think.

So weapon speed is going to be one of the foundations of any build. Some weapons can be 50-100% slower which in many cases means you're getting twice as much value for a certain weapon speed. I went through each of the classes and picked out 3 skills that especially favour a fast weapon and 3 that favour a slow weapon.

Demon Hunter
Slow
Rain of Vengeance - Beastly Bombs - Here you've got a skill with a 30 second cooldown, that's going to be your limiting factor so a slow weapon will simply do twice as much. Another bonus is no hatred cost, hatred is precious for slow weapons. For the rune selection note I didn't pick one like 'dark cloud' that does 34% weapon damage FOR .12 seconds, this would mean they were just auto attacking for 12 seconds with your weapon damage and speed, which would be no real advantage for slow.l
Rapid Fire – Fire Support - One of the key words for slow weapons is 'every second' which you should read as 'ignores attack speed'.
Spike Trap - Scatter - Another ignore attack speed, these things are going to be great for inferno. Scatter rune makes it efficient for mid-combat
Fast
Bola Shot – Thunderball - A proc status effect. You'll get a lot more of these with a fast weapon. Note a skill with a chance to do more damage or proc on crit does not favour either weapon speed as you'll get half as many with a slow weapon but they'll do twice as much.
Elemental Arrow – Screaming Skull - Another proc status effect. It's also low cost and no cooldown, as fast weapons can fire off skills twice - cast speed and resource generation - you don't want something limiting you.
Marked for Death – Mortal Enemy - 3 Hatred per attack can really emphasize your resource generation from auto attacks.

Monk
Slow
Seven Sided Strike – Fulminating Onslaught - Cooldown is limiting factor
Wave of Light – Pillar of the Ancients - Very high cost
Mantra of Healing – Circular Breathing - Alternate spirit generator since you'll be generating half as much with a slow weapon.
Fast
Deadly Reach – Strike from Beyond - Emphasizing spirit generation from primary attacks
Mantra of Conviction – Reclamation - 30% chance to heal a flat amount, more procs with more attacks
Sweeping Wind - Cyclone - A fast weapon would have a much easier time getting this to high stacks.

I also noticed many monk abilities don't really care about your weapon, a monk with a shield may be able to still put out damage with these attacks
Low
Exploding Palm – Strong Spirit -Deals a % of enemy health and the rune will provide alternate spirit generation since you're probably not dual wielding
Mantra of Retribution – Against All Odds - 3 spirit everytime you reflect an attack. Good alternate spirit generator for your utility spells. Bit of synergy with a shield.
Serenity – Reap what is Sown - The fact that they limit the damage that this skill can do tells me it's pretty crazy in inferno and again doesn't care what your weapon is. Who's brave enough to put themselves in a situation where they were oneshotted 3 times in 3 seconds to max it out?

Witch Doctor
Slow
Plague of Toads – Toad of Hugeness - 5 second cooldown gives the edge to a slow weapon that couldn't get as many casts off anyway and it also does weapon damage EACH second, ignoring attack speed.
Locust Swarm – Searing Locusts - Expensive skill that does damage OVER 8 seconds, meaning it'll do twice as much damage with slow. Remember a skill like grasp of the dead does weapon damage FOR 8 seconds, which is just like auto attacking and weapon speed doesn't matter.
Wall of Zombies – Pile On - Long cooldown is the limiting factor
Fast
Plague of Toads – Toad Affinity - Unlike other classes you generally can't generate resources faster with a fast weapon, this means you have to be careful about mana costs. Taking the mana cost to 0 is great for spamming.
Gargantuan – Restless Giant - He'll attack with your weapon speed so there's no penalty for a fast weapon and he's another source of damage which rarely costs mana.
Poison Dart – Snake to the Face - Status effect proc

Wizard
Slow
Wave of Force – Exploding Wave - Long cooldown
Arcane Torrent – Arcane Mines - Ignore attack speed
Disintegrate - Volatility -Assume fast and slow will kill at the same rate since this is basically just going off DPS. But a slow weapon will get more out of each killing blow with a free attack that ignores weapon speed.
Fast
Diamond Skin – Prism - Fast weapons can cast spells faster, lets you get more out of the 7 arcane cost reduction. Also you're likely to favour low cost spells which have a greater synergy with flat reduction.
Electrocute – Chain Lightning + Paralysis - Status proc, free spell
Hydra – Lightning Hydra - Nice and low cost, you can set up the hydras quickly with a fast weapon. Also with the chance to stun on lightning damage passive you can get more from a fast weapon and skills like this.

Barbarian
Slow
Cleave - Rupture - Like disintegrate a fast and slow will kill at the same rate but the rune will ignore weapon speed
Earthquake – The Mountain’s Call - Long cooldown and huge damage OVER 8 seconds
Furious Charge - Stamina - Great alternate rage generator helps slower rage generation, cooldown and flat weapon damage both favour slow as well.
Fast
Seismic Slam – Stagger - Not only a status effect proc but also you'll have alot more rage to burn with fast weapons
Frenzy – Smite - Status proc
Overpower – Killing Spree - A crit proc that actually favours fast weapons because it provides a flat cooldown reward.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
IMPORTANT INFO!
If you've pre-downloaded the digital version of the game in EU English or German before 10:00 AM CEST (9:00 AM GMT) on Saturday May 12, you must obtain the new downloaders to be able to install properly once the game is released on May 15. We apologize for the inconvenience, and ask that you please let friends and acquaintances know so they can begin downloading the working installer that's now available.
(installers in the link) http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4410912/

Just another reminder for anyone who wants to avoid getting spoiled (it's getting worse the closer we get to the launch day)!
^This script hides all Youtube-comments. There will be spoilers on Youtube so you better to install this script!

This needs to be quotes as-well!
Apparently it's important for people that were in the beta to manually remove some files from their system before installing the full game.

http://blues.incgamers.com/Posts/11/1/47/877/160963/important-uninstall-the-beta

And this!
Just another warning/reminder.

You should really have a blizzard authenticator for this game. Either an IOS/Android version, or the actual physical generator. There's going to be *alot* of hacked accounts, and you don't want to be one of them. Your password, no matter how complex it is, isn't safe.

bdrob

GAF: bdrob
Battletag: bdrob#2929
Region: Europe
Class: Barbarian

Cannot wait! Kinda bummed my CE hasn't shipped yet, though.

Fou-Lu

Has it ever been stated which hero from Diablo 2 canonically slayed Diablo and/or Baal? Or was it always just mentioned as a combined effort?

Here's some theorycraft I sent to my friends earlier, let me know what you think.

So weapon speed is going to be one of the foundations of any build. Some weapons can be 50-100% slower which in many cases means you're getting twice as much value for a certain weapon speed. I went through each of the classes and picked out 3 skills that especially favour a fast weapon and 3 that favour a slow weapon.

Barbarian
Slow
Cleave - Rupture - Like disintegrate a fast and slow will kill at the same rate but the rune will ignore weapon speed
Earthquake – The Mountain’s Call - Long cooldown and huge damage OVER 8 seconds
Furious Charge - Stamina - Great alternate rage generator helps slower rage generation, cooldown and flat weapon damage both favour slow as well.
Fast
Seismic Slam – Stagger - Not only a status effect proc but also you'll have alot more rage to burn with fast weapons
Frenzy – Smite - Status proc
Overpower – Killing Spree - A crit proc that actually favours fast weapons because it provides a flat cooldown reward.

Damn it, now I wish I could still test some stuff in the beta. But I'll guess I'll test as I go.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You guys are all liars... I bought flowers to my mother and she's like "It's not mothers day"... T_T

Yoshichan

Haha, what will you do now? Buy her another set tomorrow? Or will you buy her something else? D3 CE maybe?
Haha well these are the flowers she'll get for the entire year!

Yoshichan

Tell her on the 27th they'll be even more beautiful, that's why you bought them now!
Awww I love her so much. I'm gonna spend time with her today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom