• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to get my dad to play, he used to play LoTR:O and WoW but stopped recently to take up Facebook games like Mafia Wars.

I think I'm wearing him down with the infectious hype. (Already got my brother to get a copy.)

KAL2006

Banned
Finally decided on my class choices. Am going to play Wizard with my friends (they are playing Barb and Witch Doctor). And when I dont get a chance to play with them I'm going to go with Barb.

Cromat

Am I going to be completely overwhelmed by this game? Sounds really complicated :(

The first game was rather simple though

LordCanti

Thanks for the info.

Here's the quote from Bashiok (Blizzard's forum guy/community manager/etc) in case they try to stiff you:

"The Collector's Edition is only available from retail, and that means to play as soon as possible you'll want to hit a midnight release to pick it up. We don't have any plans to release a digital CE, it's a retail-only kind of thing. But! you may have a few options.

If you have the WoW Annual Pass (or go sign up for it now) you get a free digital copy of Diablo III. This will give you the game right at midnight, you can go download right now, all that stuff. Then, when you pick up your CE, you can overwrite the standard edition license with the CE license and you'll be granted 4 months of game time (more or less equivalent to the cost of the standard edition). So that's a good option. More info also available in the Annual Pass FAQ.

Alternatively, you can get the digital version now, play right at midnight, overwrite your license with your CE when you pick it up, and then contact our support department. In most situations they'll be able to grant you a new standard key, which you can then give to a friend, or whatever."

Bolding by me.

spirity

Am I going to be completely overwhelmed by this game? Sounds really complicated :(

Its Diablo. Its simplicity itself. Don't be fooled by people number crunching and theorycrafting. There is that side to it, but only if you wanna go there. Click on enemies until they die. Thats it.

Xater

The base game is still very simple. You can get pretty hardcore with it if you want to though. That is the beauty of the game.

LordCanti

Now that the Started Edition has been explained. Would any charitable soul send me a Guest Pass so I can join the fray right away? I'll give the code back once my CE arrives in 2-3 days :)

This goes for me as well. If the starter edition does require a guest pass, I'm in need of one in the worst possible way.

All my guest passes will show up on GAF as soon as my CE box arrives later in the day on the 15th.

Darkone

This goes for me as well. If the starter edition does require a guest pass, I'm in need of one in the worst possible way.

All my guest passes will show up on GAF as soon as my CE box arrives later in the day on the 15th.

I am going to buy the digital version tonight, if there is a guest pass key with that version i am willing to give it you.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Shit... almost shed a tear when I said goodbye to mother :_: I wuv you mommy ♥

All right guys, time to head out and actually buy the shit that I need for the upcoming days! I promise you though, it'll look nowhere near as bad as the picture that was taken a couple of days ago. Yoshi needs his vitamins :3

7pEUh.gif

V_Arnold

I had an amazing revelation this morning.

Blacksmith, boys. Blacksmith.
The reason why even a death in hardcore is not THAT big of a deal if one has a stable framework of good BS recipes and plenty of materials in the stash. I think I am going to think about this idea and really plan on staying in the hardcore side of the fence more than I initially planned on doing :)

B00TE

One more sleep down, one to go.

Today is the day...where I continuously fight off the urge to buy the digital version just for ten or so hours of early access before my CE arrives.

I failed at this the moment the date was announced. On the plus side free key for my friend and another person to play with, pending getting another key is easy.

I have to wait to go pick up my CE preorder at Best Buy, going with a friend late in the afternoon on Tuesday. The horror stories I'm hearing about preordering stuff at Best Buy isn't helping me any. :[

Raide

D3Day is Upon Us.

Rise Comrades! Rise and Click with me!

Our forefathers braved the depths of Tristram's decrepit cathedral. Our forefathers decimated hordes of undead in the swamps and the fiery pits of hell itself!

Soon, we will adorn ourselves with Armour and weapons. These artifacts we will use to sweep the filth from this sacred land! The undead will rise and we shall put them to sleep. The demons will scurry from their fetid holes and we will force them back in. Not even death with save Diablo from the unified wrath of millions of soldiers.

So I say again!

Rise Comrades! Rise and Click with me!

ONWARD!

LordCanti

I am going to buy the digital version tonight, if there is a guest pass key with that version i am willing to give it you.

I appreciate it, but there aren't any guest passes with the digital version unfortunately. Why? Who knows.

If anyone is going to need a guest pass later in the day on the 15th, let me know. As soon as my CE arrives, I can give them out (how many does each box have? 3? 5?)

I failed at this the moment the date was announced. On the plus side free key for my friend and another person to play with, pending getting another key is easy.

I have to wait to go pick up my CE preorder at Best Buy, going with a friend late in the afternoon on Tuesday. The horror stories I'm hearing about preordering stuff at Best Buy isn't helping me any. :[

The Best Buy near me usually has their stuff together. They know when games are launching, and they put them right in front of the door so that you don't have to go up to the front desk or anything. They even verify your pre-order right there at the door. If every BB was like them, I'd pre-order games more often (with Amazon release day delivery though...it's tough. Not to mention tax.)

Realyn

So, I was nice to my mother, voted for the pirate party at our regional elections and now I'm going to watch some F1. Then I'm going to sleep and it's only one more fkn day!!

Ahh, woke up this mornin', get to go do the mother's day thing, relax a fair bit, and then head in to work tomorrow for the last time before D3. gonna head home after that, do dinner, and catch a nap before the servers come on.

1(.5) more sleeps! bring it!

RPGCrazied

Ugh. My CE is still processing at walmart, and since its a Sunday I have to wait until Monday to know for sure if they actually had some in stock. The wait is killing me, lol.

Realyn

Oh and yeah, wanna hear some funny? I wanted to vote for the CDU(Merkel's party) but the #1 candidate said: "Sadly its the voter who decides who gets into the parlament and who not"

GG. He seriously said that on TV. Live.

LordCanti

Anyone know if i can trust http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/ for a digital version and delivery tommrow of the CD key??

Becuase of currency issue in my country it will be cheaper for me to buy it from them and not from Battlenet.

I've never used one, but those CD key selling sites all seem pretty shady to me. How much of a savings are we talking about compared to BNet?

Ugh. My CE is still processing at walmart, and since its a Sunday I have to wait until Monday to know for sure if they actually had some in stock. The wait is killing me, lol.

Don't be surprised if they wait a few days to ship it; This is wal-mart we're talking about.

Acidote

Does anyone have this full image saved in high res?

180px-Dark_Wanderer_skull.jpg

This is all I can find and they're both down. It seems some guy scanned a poster and cleaned the image up, so I doubt many people will have it.

Something like this?

I have a 10MB file from where the wallpaper was made, it doesn't have much resolution but may be enough.

Edit: In fact is one of the files you're linking. I downloaded it a while ago, but it looks like the huge one still works.

Haunted

As someone who hasn't played the beta and only seen some streams: is the big number shown next to weapons dmg or dps?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
She is very nice, tell her I said hi! :) ( and that I'll be back for those meatballs once more even if I die trying )
I told them you said hi, they told me to tell you that they miss you a lot and that they can't wait till come visit us again ♥ !

edit: it truly is a special day today. Not that much hype (yet), but I've prepared A LOT of stuff - this includes telling everyone goodbye etc :3

LordCanti

As someone who hasn't played the beta and only seen some streams: is the big number shown next to weapons dmg or dps?

Damage. Generally speaking, think of that number (or those numbers, I should say) as the average damage the weapon will do per (regular) swing/shot/etc. Each swing would land somewhere in the damage range given (1-10 for instance, could be a 1, could be a 10, etc). That's my understanding anyway.

DPS is a formula with damage, attacks per second, and some other stuff (main stat for instance, gems, etc) figured in.

TheYanger

Does anyone have this full image saved in high res?

180px-Dark_Wanderer_skull.jpg

This is all I can find and they're both down. It seems some guy scanned a poster and cleaned the image up, so I doubt many people will have it.

That was the other box art they were gonna make for 2 iirc.
Only version of the 'full' image that I found is the one bashiok tweeted at some point.
62537880.jpg

But there are high quality versions of it that aren't the whole thing:
968_2.jpg

Edit: beaten handily! Different pics though so leavin it

Also, wtf how did I not realize until I looked for this that D2 box art was brom?!

Eliciel

I had an amazing revelation this morning.

Blacksmith, boys. Blacksmith.
The reason why even a death in hardcore is not THAT big of a deal if one has a stable framework of good BS recipes and plenty of materials in the stash. I think I am going to think about this idea and really plan on staying in the hardcore side of the fence more than I initially planned on doing :)
Exactly. That's what I was thinking of, too.

Something like this?

I have a 10MB file from where the wallpaper was made, it doesn't have much resolution but may be enough.

Edit: In fact is one of the files you're linking. I downloaded it a while ago, but it looks like the huge one still works.
Thanks, the big one didn't wouldn't load at all in my browser but I tried saving it manually and it works. Thanks for uploading it any ways :).

Hauk

Neo Member
Meh just scouted through the big 2 local supermarkets here (yea I didn't pre-order from internet) and the other said they can't sell it before 15th. I mean no one can even play it before the servers open, but let me hold the box already >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom