• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradach

Anyone else think this game would play very well with gameplay support? I think there's more than enough buttons to cover all attacks / skills.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
aka Parents house...
Are you kidding me? Haha, if I stay at my parents house then it's the complete opposite of silence and isolation.

All right guys, I'm off. Talk to ya'll in a couple of hours. Gonna move to my bunker.

Megasoum

Banned
Anybody still has the link to the page with all the youtube videos with the different run animations? It must be something like 100 pages back in this thread lol.

V_Arnold

What's your beverage of choice while playing D3 guys? Mine is water or diet a&w rootbeer. :p

Well, for me it will be a usual.
1x 2,0l Diet Pepsi
3X 1,5l Mineral Water (non-bubbling!)

Do not plan on drinking alcohol, it is very, very counter-productive when it comes down to reflex skills :D

Anyone know how the starter edition works? I ordered my copy of off amazon and I probably won't get it until wednesday. But if that starter edition allows you to play for a couple of days and then continue with that character once you've got your hands on the full version... that'd be quite alright.

Firemind

Well, for me it will be a usual.
1x 2,0l Diet Pepsi
3X 1,5l Mineral Water (non-bubbling!)

Do not plan on drinking alcohol, it is very, very counter-productive when it comes down to reflex skills :D

Who needs reflexes? clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick

Raide

Anyone know how the starter edition works? I ordered my copy of off amazon and I probably won't get it until wednesday. But if that starter edition allows you to play for a couple of days and then continue with that character once you've got your hands on the full version... that'd be quite alright.

I get the feeling, as soon as you add the key, it just because the normal version. With WoW, you had the starter version and as soon as you pay, it unlocks. It might be the same, only without the monthly fee and just the right Cd-Key to be added to Battle.net. Not 100% sure yet though.

I get the feeling, as soon as you add the key, it just because the normal version. With WoW, you had the starter version and as soon as you pay, it unlocks. It might be the same, only without the monthly fee and just the right Cd-Key to be added to Battle.net. Not 100% sure yet though.

Becomes the normal version? Yeah, only problem is that I don't get they key until wednesday because I have to wait for amazon shipping to the Netherlands.

Damn I had a dream last night I was playing diablo 3, I woke up to a nightmare where it is yet to be released.

I had a dream last night where I was standing outside and suddenly a flaming meteor appeared in the sky and crashed a couple of kilometers away from where I was standing. Could see the explosion and see the blast wave coming towards me. I could feel the heat and was scared to death, then woke up.

The fire from the sky still falls.

Soule

Damn I had a dream last night I was playing diablo 3, I woke up to a nightmare where it is yet to be released.

Hahaha I had a dream where I was at the shops waiting for them to open so I could buy it, got in and they were like "hell yeah we have a collector's edition right here you can buy. But it's Monday so we're not allowed to sell it yet sorry!"

Went from dream to nightmare pretty fast.

Type422

Neo Member
So pumped for this! It's a shame a can't be there on launch day. Have an oral exam on the 21st and buying Diablo 3 on launch day could be desastrous for the outcome. But after the exam I'm going straight to the store^^

Tucah

you speak so well

Allows you to play up until level 13, then you can continue once you put in your retail key.

DEO3

Don't think your name won't be taken by the morning.

Wait, what's this?

I've never played Diablo before, I thought it was a single player game with online elements like co-op and item trading? Surely this isn't like an MMO where every character has to have a unique name?

Like that guy, I was planning on going to sleep early the night of release so when I wake up early the next morning to play I'll be nice and refreshed. It's what I always do with highly anticipated releases. I'll be pissed if every time I try to start a character it tells me 'Sorry that name is already taken.', and I have to end up naming my characters shit like LegolasXXXSniper206, all because I didn't reserve the names I want for all eternity at 12:01am.

red731

I am playing D2 as spearazon right now and I tell you, it is not the same...

Water team +1, that is my drink of choice too.

scy

Wait, what's this?

I've never played Diablo before, I thought it was a single player game with online elements like co-op and item trading? Surely this isn't like an MMO where every character has to have a unique name?

Like that guy, I was planning on going to sleep early the night of release so when I wake up early the next morning to play I'll be nice and refreshed. It's what I always do with highly anticipated releases. I'll be pissed if every time I try to start a character it tells me 'Sorry that name is already taken.', and I have to end up naming my characters shit like LegolasXXXSniper206, all because I didn't reserve the names I want for all eternity at 12:01am.

I believe character names aren't unique this time around since it's all battletag dependent (which, notably, is unique).

Aesthet1c

What's your beverage of choice while playing D3 guys? Mine is water or diet a&w rootbeer. :p

I'll probably drink a Bawls energy drink, then it will probably be straight water from there.

I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to snack on while I play. Part of me is just thinking typical junkfood (chips/cookies/etc), but hearing people talk about crock pot stuff in the beta thread really got me thinking that I should cook something up in that.

I believe character names aren't unique this time around since it's all battletag dependent (which, notably, is unique).

Also note that the Battletag is only unique due to the numeric modifier added automatically - whatever you put in before that can be whatever you want. That part is not required to be unique.

Kinyou

Is there some trial-version code giveaway/begging thread?

Because I could really use one of those to see if my laptop can run the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom