• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just ordered it for release day delivery from Amazon. Anyone know if they'll come through even though I just placed the order? I'm lagging because I was planning on just getting the digital edition.

smr00

Banned
The game launches on the 15th at 3 am paraguayan time I believe, I'm trying to calculate when I'm going to bed on monday to wake up 1 hour before launch. Mother's day is the 15th aswell so I obviously can't play non stop that day :p
wtf is paraguayan time.

anyone care to translate this to EST?

Robin64

Does Diablo III have a friend list for *just* that game, or is it only the Battle Tag system? I don't want people to see and pester me when I'm off playing Starcraft or Warcraft, so I'm a bit wary of adding so many Battle Tags.

(I do already use RealID, but only for those close enough to me)

Does Diablo III have a friend list for *just* that game, or is it only the Battle Tag system? I don't want people to see and pester me when I'm off playing Starcraft or Warcraft, so I'm a bit wary of adding so many Battle Tags.

Nope, it's all battle.net

xero273

I'm pretty sure the game will run fine on my rig but anyone know how well the game runs on a GTX460 and 2500k stock speed? I'll probably be streaming so I'll play at 720P windowed mode

Grampasso

menabrea.jpg

Staab

Does anyone know if we'll be able to find some angel/demon wings in the game? Or are the wings from the collector's edition really that unique?
Highly likely that you'll be able to get those from an achievement of sorts (maybe not the same color but yeah...)!
The CE in-game stuff is very rarely unique.

I'm pretty sure the game will run fine on my rig but anyone know how well the game runs on a GTX460 and 2500k stock speed? I'll probably be streaming so I'll play at 720P windowed mode

I think the 460 is equivalent to the 560m in my laptop? If that is the case I can max the game no problems...everything is super smooth @ 1080p.

LordCanti

That should be fine for 720p/Windowed while streaming. D3 isn't a very intensive game.

Aesthet1c

Highly likely that you'll be able to get those from an achievement of sorts (maybe not the same color but yeah...)!

This is a Blizzard game. I've never seen CE stuff that wasn't unique.

Stuff from Blizzard CE's aren't available through other means.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Well guys... wish me good luck, I'm about to do something crazy

Blizzard CE stuff has always been unique.

Also if anyone wants to add me to the GAF battletag list:

Vertigo1#1570
North America
(Current plan is Wizard Softcore, Monk Hardcore as my mains. But I will play all classes at some point)

Can someone add me to the google doc? I'm afraid I'll blow it up somehow and GAF will eviscerate me with a vast array of pointy objects

GAF: toasty_T
Battletag: toastyToast#6810
Region: North America
Class: Witch Dr or Wizard

LordCanti

It is Mother's Day in the US so some may get face time in today so they could be ready for Tuesday :p

I'm taking mine to lunch. That should be good for a three hour chunk out of my day (going to one of the more popular restaurants in town...on Mother's Day)

On the upside....three hours closer to D3!

methodman

Banned
Can someone add me to the google doc? I'm afraid I'll blow it up somehow and GAF will eviscerate me with a vast array of pointy objects

GAF: toasty_T
Battletag: toastyToast#6810
Class: Witch Dr or Wizard

me too. wasnt sure how to add myself

GAF: methodman
Battletag: MethodMan#1269
Class: Not sure yet

FINALBOSS

Banned

Sounds like you don't like friends :/

FINALBOSS

Banned
I feel bad since I don't think I've taken the initiative to try and add anyone yet. Kind of hoping to just get the requests rather than having to hunt down people! :x

Well no friends here either who play D3 so I'll be adding people to feel less lonely :D

Acheteedo

Just ordered it for release day delivery from Amazon. Anyone know if they'll come through even though I just placed the order? I'm lagging because I was planning on just getting the digital edition.

I ordered from Amazon UK on May 9th and I just got this email from them today:

"We're writing to inform you that, unfortunately, due to a higher then expected level of demand, there may be a delay in dispatching your order. We are currently working with our suppliers to obtain further stock for this release and we will update you again prior to the release date with details of when we expect to fulfill your order."

So I've cancelled and I'm going digital.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Well no friends here either who play D3 so I'll be adding people to feel less lonely :D

That's really too bad. :(

Sometimes I forget how blessed I am to have like, 10 real life friends in my area that are huge gamers (including my roommate)

Battletag list updated. Don't worry about adding yourself, changes are locked to all but a few people. Just make sure to check sometime after posting your info that it's entered correctly. When we update the list, we also change the post in the OT that it is current to at the top.

Niks

So I kinda want to join you guys and buy D3.. but Ive got some questions.
I didn't play either D1 or D2..

Ive heard its a grind fest, Is it similar to persona? I bought P3 due to gaf praise, but gave up half way due to the neverending grinding, on the same boring looking levels.

I played the open beta and enjoyed it...so thats good, can you play this only as single player or do you have to do co-op at some point?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom