• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordCanti

Is there some trial-version code giveaway/begging thread?

Because I could really use one of those to see if my laptop can run the game

Almost no one will have any to give away until they pick up their boxed copies at midnight on the fifteenth. The digital edition doesn't come with any.

Anyone that has already received their boxed copy (CE or regular) in the post could provide them.

Thus far, no one has hooked me up either ;_;

If you can wait till later in the day on the 15th, I'll have guest passes to give away. It's all in UPS's hands now.

hitsugi

It's seen in dialog for quests, and apparently on the website whenever they add that. I seem to recall some other place where other players can see it, but I'm not remembering at the moment.

Ugh.. Maybe I'll have to change my battle tag afterall. IplayDiablo3 is fine for an account, but poor to represent my characters. That's a shame

scy

Is there some trial-version code giveaway/begging thread?

Because I could really use one of those to see if my laptop can run the game

Come the 15th, I think there'll be a lot of us who can help on that. Until then, most of us can't do anything to help :(

Edit: @BattleTags: As much as I'd like for my character names to be relevant, I quite like the idea of a global identifier so I know when some asshat is merely switching characters or something.

Kinyou

Almost no one will have any to give away until they pick up their boxed copies at midnight on the fifteenth. The digital edition doesn't come with any.

Anyone that has already received their boxed copy (CE or regular) in the post could provide once.

Thus far, no one has hooked me up either ;_;

If you can wait till later in the day on the 15th, I'll have guest passes to give away. It's all in UPS's hands now.
Oh, I'd happily wait until the 15th :)

Wasn't aware that all non-digital copies will have a code, so I guess there'll be plenty.

Come the 15th, I think there'll be a lot of us who can help on that. Until then, most of us can't do anything to help :(
thx

spats

Drawing Diablo stuff over the weekend turned out to be a good way to kill time until the 15th. He's going super saiyan from the waiting.

diabloguy_final.png

Darkone

I've never used one, but those CD key selling sites all seem pretty shady to me. How much of a savings are we talking about compared to BNet?

Don't be surprised if they wait a few days to ship it; This is wal-mart we're talking about.

Around 20$ diffreance.

Aesthet1c

It sucks that those of us with the digital edition aren't getting any guest passes. Not that I really need any, but I would freely give them out on GAF.

FinKL

I saw you guys talking about a trading thread a couple of pages back? How are you guys going to work it? Just post with wanting to buy/sell posts?

I saw you guys talking about a trading thread a couple of pages back? How are you guys going to work it? Just post with wanting to buy/sell posts?

The point was that we probably weren't going to have one.

Also:

I've got Dark Souls and ME3 multiplayer to pass the time (besides a few other non-game things I need to do.)

What should I play?!

V_Arnold

Huh? 2 sleeps left,unless some of you guys are getting it at midnight(lucky bastards)...where I pre-ordered the retail box they can't do midnight launches because they are in a shopping Mall.

Midnight madness for everyone, man. Sorry to hear your situation, though :(

99%

Huh? 2 sleeps left,unless some of you guys are getting it at midnight(lucky bastards)...where I pre-ordered the retail box they can't do midnight launches because they are in a shopping Mall.

I had the same situation so I cancelled my CE and just went digital.

Guy in the shop didnt know what was happening and asked me 10 times if I was sure.

Carm

I've never used one, but those CD key selling sites all seem pretty shady to me. How much of a savings are we talking about compared to BNet?

Don't be surprised if they wait a few days to ship it; This is wal-mart we're talking about.

Wal-Mart is strange sometimes. Shipping times rarely day of release, but when I ordered Star Wars The Old Republic on the 21st of December, it was delivered on the 22nd. The estimate said 23/24 though.

Nugg

It's seen in dialog for quests, and apparently on the website whenever they add that. I seem to recall some other place where other players can see it, but I'm not remembering at the moment.
If you specifically check a player profile ingame, by right clicking in your friend list, you'll be able to see all of his characters, along with the names.

LordCanti

Only midnight madness for me will be this thread. Won't be playing until ~5PM Central time :(

You, me, and a few other people are the only ones that won't be playing at midnight =/

I wouldn't mind a guest pass if my CE does not arrive on the 16th. I'm in AU so roughly 20 hours ahead of the US.

Ask again on the 15th and there should be plenty of guest passes to go around.

hitsugi

Edit: @BattleTags: As much as I'd like for my character names to be relevant, I quite like the idea of a global identifier so I know when some asshat is merely switching characters or something.

Yeah, but the account name used to be right next to the character's when someone joined or you could /who them. It's just something I'll get used to.. Like missing channels and ladders.

Got the regular edition from Amazon. It will be coming some time of the 15th, but imagining the package sitting in front of my door while I'm out is going to bother the heck out of me.

JimmyBoy

Sorry if this has been posted before but I couldn't find it. If I fall behind my friends in level and then join a game with them how does the content scale? Are the monsters as they should be for the host? For the highest level character? Am I going to get one shot because I'm too low? If I sat in the back and got dragged through higher level areas would it be worth it for the XP?

Got the regular edition from Amazon. It will be coming some time of the 15th, but imagining the package sitting in front of my door while I'm out is going to bother the heck out of me.

I'm so watching outside my window all day, waiting for it to come.

You, me, and a few other people are the only ones that won't be playing at midnight =/

Ask again on the 15th and there should be plenty of guest passes to go around.

Delayed players (though still launch day) unite!

scy

Sorry if this has been posted before but I couldn't find it. If I fall behind my friends in level and then join a game with them how does the content scale? Are the monsters as they should be for the host? For the highest level character? Am I going to get one shot because I'm too low? If I sat in the back and got dragged through higher level areas would it be worth it for the XP?

I don't know the EXP decay formula but there will be less (if not no) EXP gain if the character levels are too far apart. Content, however, is static in level. More players just increases the HP of the enemies (in later difficulties, HP and Damage will scale). A level 5 enemy will always be level 5, regardless of how many players. It'll just be a slightly tougher one with more people in the game.

chris-013

The content doesn't scale.

The monsters doesn't care about the host they have a fixed level per zone but they gain more hp and do more damage with each new player in the game.

If you are too low lv you will gain 0 xp and your friend you will have to fight stronger monster.

Edit : Maybe doing higher level quest can be interesting... I'm not sure if the xp rewarded by a quest is decreased if a high lv character help you...

scy

Barring the generosity of people who got their copy early. Though it feels like a "waste" of a Guest Pass to use one so we can play at midnight for a bit while we wait for delivery :x

Yeah, but the account name used to be right next to the character's when someone joined or you could /who them. It's just something I'll get used to.. Like missing channels and ladders.

Hm, that's true. Diablo III puts a lot more behind the BattleTag, though, so it'll mean more (ideally) here. I mean, it wasn't hard to just make new accounts for D2.

I guess we'll have to see what it's like when the game actually releases.

LordCanti

I'm so watching outside my window all day, waiting for it to come.

Delayed players (though still launch day) unite!

If I can get a guest pass, I'm planning to have my Demon Hunter at level 13 (waiting right outside that damn beta ending gate) for when the box arrives.

Midnight launch attending bros...you're my only hope.

Barring the generosity of people who got their copy early. Though it feels like a "waste" of a Guest Pass to use one so we can play at midnight for a bit while we wait for delivery :x

Yeah, but we'll get like five each and pay it forward. Those passes only have value for the first 30 days anyway, at which point everyone has the starter edition. Better to use them I say.

JimmyBoy

The content doesn't scale.

The monsters doesn't care about the host they have a fixed level per zone but they gain more hp and do more damage with each new player in the game.

If you are too low lv you will gain 0 xp and your friend you will have to fight stronger monster.

Thanks for the reply. That kind of sucks.

Revoh

The game launches on the 15th at 3 am paraguayan time I believe, I'm trying to calculate when I'm going to bed on monday to wake up 1 hour before launch. Mother's day is the 15th aswell so I obviously can't play non stop that day :p

lordy88

If I can get a guest pass, I'm planning to have my Demon Hunter at level 13 (waiting right outside that damn beta ending gate) for when the box arrives.

Sure, I'll give you a guest pass. I'll PM you when I get back from the launch.

Yeah, but we'll get like five each and pay it forward. Those passes only have value for the first 30 days anyway, at which point everyone has the starter edition.

Too bad Digital buyers don't get a guest pass. :(

Does anyone know if we'll be able to find some angel/demon wings in the game? Or are the wings from the collector's edition really that unique?

scy

Yeah, but we'll get like five each and pay it forward. Those passes only have value for the first 30 days anyway, at which point everyone has the starter edition. Better to use them I say.

Oh yeah, we do get a lot of them don't we. Well in that case...!

I'd probably just grind a bunch of characters to 13, ideally in HC if Starter Edition gets access to that too. Otherwise, don't know if I'll actually get much use of it.

still no OT 2 yet? GAF imma disappoint.

Depends on how crazy this thread gets Monday night.

LordCanti

I'm hoping you're a gal.

I'm whatever you wan...

Actually, in the interest of not creeping you out, I'm just going to give a straightforward "no" to the question of whether or not I'm a woman.

The "love" of which I spoke is strictly platonic.

Does anyone know if we'll be able to find some angel/demon wings in the game? Or are the wings from the collector's edition really that unique?

As far as we know, they are that unique. They're also unable to be traded, so the CE is the only way to get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom