• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParityBit

From the OP:

Server Unlocks | US: 12:01 AM PDT / EU: 00:01 CEST / AU: 5:00 PM AEST / ASIA: 12:01 a.m. Taiwan Time

I guess that's 10pm tomorrow GMT for me.

Damn, 3AM EST. I guess I will play once I get home from work. I'll give the servers time to work. Because you know the first 6-8 hours will be full of frustration.

Gritesh

Forgive me for this noob question, but how do you find out your battletag ID?

Never mind, I got it.

Please add me my battle tag is as follows:

Gritesh#1681

VERY EXCITE!!

All you with no friends feel free to add me if you want. It's plbelanger#1923 or just take away the #1923 and tack on an @gmail.com to add me via email in sc2 or wow

V_Arnold

I plan on just joining GAF channel if there is such thing in the game, and then go with the flow. Also with those that I already know from SC2-gaf. *wink-wink, all of you*

Also, I have big plans but I will not spoil them until I am prepared for it.

ParityBit

Oh I setup that Blizzard authentication. Pretty cool widget app on my Razr Maxx. I was debating getting the key, but now I dont think I need it

Aesthet1c

I have a few friends who'll play but nowhere near as serious (obsessive) as me. I turn to GAF for that, I guess!

This is how I am. I'm the only gamer in my group of friends, but a lot of my friends play games. Most games I play solo or rely on GAF. Luckily most my friends are interested in D3, so between them and GAF I should never have to solo. :)

I don't want to be the one who confuses things but, for the most part, everything else was covered. There IS an exception, however, and that's when you're dual wielding. Since dual wielding adds the swing speeds together, it's possible that a better DPS weapon in the off-hand is actually not an improvement.

...unfortunately, there's no quick and dirty easy ruling I can give you for that one besides "check your DPS when you change weapons!" Besides that, it's not an issue if your weapons are close in DPS (e.g., 2x ~20 DPS weapons instead of a 25 DPS MH + 15 DPS Off-hand)

I thought dual wielding had some 15% speed bonus or something.

scy

This is how I am. I'm the only gamer in my group of friends, but a lot of my friends play games. Most games I play solo or rely on GAF. Luckily most my friends are interested in D3, so between them and GAF I should never have to solo. :)

Yup. I've got the one gamer friend who's my planned duo partner for my Monk but I imagine there will be stretches of time where he'll be unavailable. So I have planned other characters for GAF use and raging at lag bullshitHardcore deaths.

Almost no one will have any to give away until they pick up their boxed copies at midnight on the fifteenth. The digital edition doesn't come with any.

Anyone that has already received their boxed copy (CE or regular) in the post could provide them.

Thus far, no one has hooked me up either ;_;

If you can wait till later in the day on the 15th, I'll have guest passes to give away. It's all in UPS's hands now.

Couple pages behind but I dont mind giving mine away, i'm picking up the CE at midnight EST

Tacitus_

So I kinda want to join you guys and buy D3.. but Ive got some questions.
I didn't play either D1 or D2..

Ive heard its a grind fest, Is it similar to persona? I bought P3 due to gaf praise, but gave up half way due to the neverending grinding, on the same boring looking levels.

I played the open beta and enjoyed it...so thats good, can you play this only as single player or do you have to do co-op at some point?

Thanks.

I have not played persona, so I can't compare it to that. Diablo is a grindfest in a way - the main draw of the game is to keep slaying monsters to get better loot. You don't have to grind the same levels however since there will be 4 acts of content and most of the dungeons will be randomized.

If you liked the open beta, then you have an idea how the rest of the game will play out. You can play the game completely solo, but a lot of the fun comes from playing it with other players.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Woo oooo! When global play for SC2? Awesome news!

Near Heart of the Swarm release... hopefully that doesn't mean 2013. Because, yeah.. i dont think it will be out this year. They already have Diablo 3 and Mist of Pandaria to take care of. 3 games in one year from Blizzard??

Calidor

I don't have any friends who play games so I rely on randoms for just about everything

feelslonelyman

t210768_i-know-that-feel.png

Niks

I have not played persona, so I can't compare it to that. Diablo is a grindfest in a way - the main draw of the game is to keep slaying monsters to get better loot. You don't have to grind the same levels however since there will be 4 acts of content and most of the dungeons will be randomized.

If you liked the open beta, then you have an idea how the rest of the game will play out. You can play the game completely solo, but a lot of the fun comes from playing it with other players.

Thanks, that helps.

scy

I thought dual wielding had some 15% speed bonus or something.

It does. What I was getting at is that since the game goes Main Hand swing, Off-hand swing, Main Hand swing, Off-hand swing, etc. it's possible to end up in a scenario where you'd have been better off with a single weapon than dual wielding. To give an example, let's say you have two weapons: Your Main Hand with 1.5 Attacks per Second (.667 swing speed) and an off-hand with 1.2 Attacks per second (.833 swing speed):

t = 0.000: Main Hand swings
t = 0.833: Off-hand swings.
t = 1.500: Main Hand swings.
t = 2.333: Off-hand swings.
t = 3.000: Main Hand swings.
etc.

If your Off-hand is bad enough, you'd have been better off swinging your Main Hand only. Essentially, this just means that just throwing "any ol' weapon" into your off-hand won't increase your damage. It needs to at least be comparable to your Main Hand weapon since you're alternating which one is attacking.

It also means there's the possibility that swapping your off-hand for a better DPS one isn't ALWAYS the best case scenario but that's mostly due to other things (e.g., old off-hand had +10 STR which gave more damage than replacing it with a +0 STR Off-hand that has a listed 5 DPS increase). But this is getting a bit obsessive at this point probably.

Basically, if you plan to Dual Wield, just check your listed DPS when you change weapons. or just not care as it's most likely not a huge deal.

GAF - BlueScrote
Battletag - BlueScrote#1647
Region - North America (East Coast)
Class - -

Still undecided on what class to roll with first. I was a huge Necro person in D2 but the Witch Doctor didn't really scratch that itch though in the Beta.

Epix

It's under release info - "Players | 1-4 Online Co-Op"

It doesn't get a highlight elsewhere because it's assumed.

Yeah, I guess being a Diablo newb I was wanting some information about the mechanics of how the coop worked...How you join, how you leave, is the story progression in coop separate from single player etc.

Honestly, I want to try WD eventually just to see the zany shit they summon and throw out for attacks.
I wasn't feeling the WD in the demo a whole lot, it was funny/cool but didn't click. But seeing the class overview video on blizzards site made me really want to try it eventually. Looks like a lot of fun stuff.

Island

Mother's Day! That means family time to distract myself from Diablo....

Oh and some yard work... might as well get some sun before never seeing it again!

Kaiden

Neo Member
This could be a dumb question, but is there a global chat channel? I want to play the campaign on normal solo for the first time but wouldn't mind chatting with NeoGAF while I'm playing. Is there like a /3 Global or anything like that?

hitsugi

I wonder if the SOJ will become a form of currency again..

given that money is in this time, I guess not. I remember back in 1.06, my friend and I would farm A4 for gold (ornates and such) and gamble SOJs. We were able to get 4-5 each per day that way.

scy

given that money is in this time, I guess not. I remember back in 1.06, my friend and I would farm A4 for gold (ornates and such) and gamble SOJs. We were able to get 4-5 each per day that way.

4-5?!

I had the worst gambling luck ever I guess. My gambling addiction got me practically nothing :(

FinKL

I've never found a SOJ in my life, and that's how everyone got them?!?!?!?! God, 56k internet research sucks, in fact I don't think I did any...

Aesthet1c

Yeah, I guess being a Diablo newb I was wanting some information about the mechanics of how the coop worked...How you join, how you leave, is the story progression in coop separate from single player etc.

It's basically drop in / drop out any time. Your progress, items, etc carry over to every game you join.

injurai

Banned
4-5?!

I had the worst gambling luck ever I guess. My gambling addiction got me practically nothing :(

D2 has taught me to never to go vegas... gambling is just never worth it with my luck. I'm still super bitter about the golden wrench thing that valve pulled.

zlatko

Banned
I am up. Another good 11-12 hours of sleep under my belt. Feeling like a boss!

Once today ends the two hardest days stand before me. A full work day, followed by another, and the 2nd will be far more brutal with GAF having orgasm rays shoot from their fingers as they type how awesome the game is.

99%

This could be a dumb question, but is there a global chat channel? I want to play the campaign on normal solo for the first time but wouldn't mind chatting with NeoGAF while I'm playing. Is there like a /3 Global or anything like that?

no

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom