• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I almost feel like with all of the GAF hype for this we need a 2nd PSA thread on how every single person playing this game should have a Blizzard Authenticator tied to their account. It might seem excessive to make a separate thread, but I'd rather err on the excessive side verses even one more hacked account!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hey Yoshi, you might be sad to know that after thinking about it, I was originally set on Barb because of you, but now I'm leaning toward Demon Hunter. WHAT SAY YOU.
I say you haven't read my fanfic yet :3

edit: OR you're just dumb! DUMB, I TELL YOU!

Sorry for dumb question but if I'm getting the boxed version, should I download the installer thing and then just put in the disc to play when I get it or will that not work?
I imagine you can use the preloaded installer and type in the CD key that you get in the packaging and be done.

injurai

Banned
Sorry for dumb question but if I'm getting the boxed version, should I download the installer thing and then just put in the disc to play when I get it or will that not work?

DL the installer, then install it once it unlocks monday evening. Then add you cd-key to your bnet account and log in. you wont even need the discs.

TheContact

Did Blizz ever do the annual pass with a collector's edition? I wanted to go CE, but never saw the option. I bought the AP relatively early on.

Megasoum

Banned

You can download the files and then you won't even need the disc at all... Just enter the cd-key into your bnet account and the downloaded files will work right away.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
lol where what when linkzz
I posted class fanfics during the first pages of this thread :lol

Just the thought of running around as an insanely fast barbarian, dual wielding axes, going all frenzy on everything that's even remotely close to you, constantly dealing strikes faster than the wind, while regenerating health and rage as you hit over and over and over and over and over again.

FUCK.

Majine

Banned

I think you can download it right now, and just register the serial code from your box on Battle.net.

Yoshichan

Currently I'm in my bunker btw :3 No civilization out here... no real life-connection... no nothing. I'm completely alone here...!

Tell him of his waifu. The female Barb. is where it is at.
I slept today.

I dreamt of my female barb.

Did you?

scy

Download the installer now, install the game tomorrow, and put in your key on the 15th to play.

Xater

I posted class fanfics during the first pages of this thread :lol

That doesn't count as fanfic. Clearly it does not involve enough naked men making sweet sweet love.

I am actually having last minutes doubts about picking the Monk. maybe I should go Barbarian....

Raide

Download it ready and then just add the Key to Battle.net. Sorted!

Yoshichan

That doesn't count as fanfic. Clearly it does not involve enough naked men making sweet sweet love.
It's the censored version for GAF though, I only share the real stuff to my man zlatko!
I am actually having last minutes doubts about picking the Monk. maybe I should go Barbarian....
Baba if you want to have fun. Monk if you want to be broken.

Amazon UK are adamant that Blizzard have not sent them enough copies to cover orders. A few others retailers seem to follow this line too.

Conspiracy theory alert: Blizzard under publishing physical copies to try and push digital sales (missing out middle man)?

lordy88

Since I treat Diablo unlike any other game, I completely forgot that there will be reviews of it out on the web.

Anyone know when those reviews will go live? I imagine they will have to play it with the rest of us on launch day, as opposed to nearly every other reviewed game.

I'm expecting lots of 10s. Like a ridiculous amount.

Xater

Since I treat Diablo unlike any other game, I completely forgot that there will be reviews of it out on the web.

Anyone know when those reviews will go live? I imagine they will have to play it with the rest of us on launch day, as opposed to nearly every other reviewed game.

Blizzard games basically don't need reviews at this point. It's fact that their games are always excellent and well polished.

Raide

I am expecting lots of 10's and then a random 6 from someone that does not like loot-whoring.

scy

Amazon UK are adamant that Blizzard have not sent them enough copies to cover orders. A few others retailers seem to follow this line too.

Conspiracy theory alert: Blizzard under publishing physical copies to try and push digital sales (missing out middle man)?

If I don't get my CE, the amount of bitter tears and resentment would be epic.

Kalnos

Banned

IGN posted SC2 reviews a week after the game was released. I imagine it will be similar here.

Did Blizz ever do the annual pass with a collector's edition? I wanted to go CE, but never saw the option. I bought the AP relatively early on.

You get 4 months of WoW time (paid off your annual pass) if you add a Diablo 3 CE key. Equivalent to $60, the price of the digital/boxed regular edition that you would otherwise have for free. So it's quite a good deal there actually.

Yoshichan

Yup, expecting 8s and 9s - and no one will give a shit.
Scratch that. The freezer in the garage. The big pull open one.
:lol

Yoshichan

oh yeah that, it does sound glorious....but demon hunters are just so cool. Dey be all slick and doing tingz you know. Barbarian is all rahh rahh and crazy and badass but not slick.

Slickness is important.
You should totally check out Fembarb, that'll give you the slickness you want :3

Cromat

Battle.net only lets me buy the game in Euros and not US Dollars :/
I'll guess I'll just buy a physical copy then. It will cost the same as 60 euro and the box looks nice. I don't mind not playing on the very first second (I must be crazy?)

hitsugi

My CE hasn't shipped (I know it's supposed to tomorrow, but I doubt Amazon lol).

it seems Amazon's plan is to just ship them all with next day air for release. I'm okay with that, since I won't even be home until 6 pm PST on Tuesday.......... thanks job D:

zlatko

Banned
Silly Yoshi I dreamt of real life naked ladies.

Once that dream ended I dreamt of clicking and staying awhile to listen...

scy

Exactly, the best item can be find on a barrel !

I remember in D2 being so hyped when I found a Unique Ring from a barrel on one of my characters expecting an SoJ.

Figures it happened on the one time I forgot to make sure I had both other rings :|

Though, I actually think I still found my first SoJ like that.

injurai

Banned
How many people are still waiting on their amazon pre-order to ship? There better be a distribution site near me because I am getting worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom