• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what is everyone playing this week to pass the time until D3 goes live?

I am playing Torchlight.

Minecraft. Building some monstrosity that doesn't even make sense. It's like a huge square with a section of a lake enclosed in it. It's around 70 blocks high by 70 blocks wide and I plan on building a completely glass castle on top of it. The only problem being that the nearest desert biome is a full day trip away by boat. So I'm going to have to make railway that's like 700+ rails long. And in the desert biome I also want to build a huge pyramid out of sandstone. If I finish any aspect of this before D3 releases I'll be surprised.

UberTag

So what is everyone playing this week to pass the time until D3 goes live?

I am playing Torchlight.
I'm plowing through Final Fantasy IV: The After Years.
Actually enjoying this MUCH more than the core FFIV game (which I just replayed and still didn't care for).

injurai

Banned
gaf_monkryud8.jpg

here is the one Lordy didn't do, I lightened it up a bit though.

balls on his chin... lollers

Diablo II. Last few days to play the Paladin.

started up a meteorb sorc but couldn't keep with it, stopped after like level 17 or so, so bored with frost bolt and fireball and being mana starved.

could swing a zealadin if I didn't have other stuff going on to keep me occupied between now and then. Work, laundry, cleaning, mother's day is coming up...for once I'm glad real life is getting in the way, because it helps keep my mind off it.

So I have been on blackout for this game.. one question.. is there a demo or anything that I can try to see if this will run ok on my laptop before I buy it?

So I have been on blackout for this game.. one question.. is there a demo or anything that I can try to see if this will run ok on my laptop before I buy it?
There was an open beta a few weeks ago but you've missed it. Some time after launch Blizzard will release a starter version (essentially a demo).

Firemind

started up a meteorb sorc but couldn't keep with it, stopped after like level 17 or so, so bored with frost bolt and fireball and being mana starved.

could swing a zealadin if I didn't have other stuff going on to keep me occupied between now and then. Work, laundry, cleaning, mother's day is coming up...for once I'm glad real life is getting in the way, because it helps keep my mind off it.

Just playing hardcore until I bite the dust and I nearly did in the Underground Passage. Cold enchanted skeleton archer champion and his goonies and a flock of beasts that shoot lightning orbs out of their mouths. Exquisite.

Raide

Add the /act5 to the .exe and start on Act 5 at lvl 33. Really handy to try out all those random builds etc.

accx

Great job on the OT!
You can update my tag with (lain#2907)
Region: Europe.
Fav Class: Witch Doctor.

Been playing some indie arpg's to still my cravings.

It hurts every time D3 Commercial shows up on the tellie.
I've been in denial mode about the release once the date was set, but this week is going to be torture.

Soule

I love data:

juy99.png

Edit: I see there's also a sheet in the list with a pie chart of this data. But whatever.

WD quite far behind, I always thought he'd get the least love and didn't think I'd like him based on my experiences with necro and druid in D2 but I found him to be one of the most enjoyable in the beta. I'm still down as undecided but if my friend doesn't pick WD I very well may go that path myself. So hard to narrow it down to the class I'll go with first up but it'll most likely be either Monk/WD/Wizard depending on what my friends pick.

Just on the data note I recall seeing poll results in the beta thread where an open poll (supposedly quite large) hard quite even results as well, I think the highest % a class got was 23% and lowest was 17, gonna see if i can dig it up.

DEO3

I've been quite a while since I've really gotten into a game, like, totally immersed for months, so while I really want to want this, after watching some gameplay videos this morning I find I just don't 'get it'. Somehow I never played the previous entries in the series so I wonder if I simply lack the nostalgia needed to - and this is going to come off as really fucking shallow - appreciate gameplay that looks straight out of 1998.

I keep telling myself that I should give it a chance, that there has to be a reason so many people are crazy for it, but then I remember I felt this exact same way toward a game almost two years ago, and that game was Starcraft II. I never played the previous games in that series either, and the gameplay seemed just as, uh, traditional as D3's, but there was so much buzz, and so much hype, that I took a chance on it, and... well, let's just say it didn't pay off for me.

I just don't want to get burned again, is there any chance a demo will be available?

Venfayth

Has it been mentioned if D3 will have chat rooms ala SC2 ?

They did announce those chat rooms with the new SC2 expansion, so I'm assuming thatll be a change to battle.net that occurs around the time that releases. Pure speculation, here.

DSmalls84

Great job on the OT!
You can update my tag with (lain#2907)
Region: Europe.
Fav Class: Witch Doctor.

Been playing some indie arpg's to still my cravings.

It hurts every time D3 Commercial shows up on the tellie.
I've been in denial mode about the release once the date was set, but this week is going to be torture.

Also like to add my name:
DSmalls84
DSmalls84#1321
NA
Witch Doctor

For non-Battle.net, you can do LAN stuff with it and have no issues. Kinda fun for a few players to start at 33 and burn through Normal. :D

sadly none of my friends are down to do one last run in D2, and singleplayer is kind of boring. Besides, like I said, I definitely have enough to keep busy. Still...definitely something to tuck into the back of my head. :)

I've been quite a while since I've really gotten into a game, like, totally immersed for months, so while I really want to want this, after watching some gameplay videos this morning I find I just don't 'get it'. Somehow I never played the previous entries in the series so I wonder if I simply lack the nostalgia needed to - and this is going to come off as really fucking shallow - appreciate gameplay that looks straight out of 1998.

I keep telling myself that I should give it a chance, that there has to be a reason so many people are crazy for it, but then I remember I felt this exact same way toward a game almost two years ago, and that game was Starcraft II. I never played the previous games in that series either, and the gameplay seemed just as, uh, traditional as D3's, but there was so much buzz, and so much hype, that I took a chance on it, and... well, let's just say it didn't pay off for me.

I just don't want to get burned again, is there any chance a demo will be available?

Diablo's hook is almost entirely psychological and doesn't really translate to gameplay videos. It is not the same genre as Starcraft 2 at all, utterly and completely and entirely different games. (Diablo is also much more accessible and easier overall than Starcraft.)

There will likely be a "starter edition" which would essentially be a demo.

Raide

sadly none of my friends are down to do one last run in D2, and singleplayer is kind of boring. Besides, like I said, I definitely have enough to keep busy. Still...definitely something to tuck into the back of my head. :)

I am sure there are plenty of people here that will be doing some last minute D2 runs before D3 hits.

zlatko

Banned
They did announce those chat rooms with the new SC2 expansion, so I'm assuming thatll be a change to battle.net that occurs around the time that releases. Pure speculation, here.

Well currently SC2 has chat rooms. We have a SC2 GAF room we hop in when we sign on and talk to SC2 GAffers. Makes adding people to friends lists, communicating, and getting into fun games together much easier.

notsol337

marked forever
I just bought a 32 inch 3d tv, and just about the time I'm no longer having a mind blown experience watching 3d stuff, Diablo will be released! EXCITE x1000.

red731

How is that? Sounds really neat on paper.

It is my first 4X game, but from many games I had played, it is awesome.
It has many things that need to be optimalized and fixed, but overall it is great experience.
And to say that it is in Alpha state, I tip my hat to developers. It feels more like Beta or Bethesdas game with less bugs that is gold(if you know what I hint at).
I am playing on TV, sound blasting(beautiful music) and enjoying it very very much.

Soule

From the unboxing videos of the CE posted earlier it looks like there'll be guest passes with the games, I'm sure a helpful GAFfer will be happy to give you a guest pass once we've got the game in our hands. Sounds like that'd be good for you

WD quite far behind, I always thought he'd get the least love and didn't think I'd like him based on my experiences with necro and druid in D2 but I found him to be one of the most enjoyable in the beta. I'm still down as undecided but if my friend doesn't pick WD I very well may go that path myself. So hard to narrow it down to the class I'll go with first up but it'll most likely be either Monk/WD/Wizard depending on what my friends pick.

Just on the data note I recall seeing poll results in the beta thread where an open poll (supposedly quite large) hard quite even results as well, I think the highest % a class got was 23% and lowest was 17, gonna see if i can dig it up.

I love weird characters in games, so I think my main is going to be a Witch Doctor. He can summon a giant frog. I mean... what more could you want?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm back from work... and now I probably have to go to bed... fuck, all this down-time is killing me...

injurai

Banned
It has many things that need to be optimalized and fixed, but overall it is great experience.
And to say that it is in Alpha state, I tip my hat to developers. It feels more like Beta or Bethesdas game with less bugs that is gold(if you know what I hint at).
I am playing on TV, sound blasting(beautiful music) and enjoying it very very much.

i'll have to pick this up

And to say that it is in Alpha state, I tip my hat to developers. It feels more like Beta or Bethesdas game with less bugs that is gold(if you know what I hint at).I am playing on TV, sound blasting(beautiful music) and enjoying it very very much.

I played Daggerfall. I'll just leave it at that. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom