• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyubajin

Alright, Mac question: I preordered the game off of Blizzard.com, and then went to download the installer. Once it was downloaded, I went to the set-up and it is telling me I can't. Is this to be expected until the 15th, or am I missing something. Any help would be appreciated.
This has nothing to do with using a Mac. You downloaded the installer but it's encrypted until the 14th of May when it'll be unlocked, then you have to wait until the 15th so you can log into your Battle.net account and start playing the game :D

neoism

Which class to select...

Anyone else going Monk???

fuck yes... I was soo decided I only got to level 4, and said fuck it and I deleted the beta like on that Saturday. I played a DH to 12, which I always do.. I loooove ranged classes... Can't wait to main a Monk.

mr. puppy

Banned
Well Blaster Master had a giant frog and that was awesome, so logically speaking I have to assume that WD will also be amazing, I'm pretty sure if he's not my first character he'll follow shortly after.

Chrono_Trigger_Frog_Squash.png

zlatko

Banned
fuck yes... I was soo decided I only got to level 4, and said fuck it and I deleted the beta like on that Saturday. I played a DH to 12, which I always do.. I loooove ranged classes... Can't wait to main a Monk.

I played DH too in beta to about 8. Just would not click with me like Monk was.

It's probably that beard...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
._. you guys, haha!
Have to say I was expecting more DHs.
The amount of any class will change when the game has been out for a couple of weeks. My guess is that DH will increase!

neoism

Which points my attention to your animated GIF avatar - thought they weren't allowed anymore.
Guess I'll have to ask who I have to pay for a platinum gaf account.

wat that guy isn't a mod... I would pay for one of those if they excited... just for the right to have a gif as a avatar again lol

Also DH was really fun to 12 so female DH is my seccond for sure too

TUSR

Banned
Yup. Rest of NeoGAF threads no longer matter. This is all that will be open with few moments of weakness to check off topic and community.

my neogaf bookmark now redirects to this thread.

all my NHL teams are out of the playoffs, no new Mac hardware news for a while...

Damn you Diablo.

kyubajin

After reading this on the EU forums and feel outraged I decided the first thing Imma do is create a US character so I can post in the US forums...

Gaidax said:
So I skim through the US forums and what do I see?

Following stickies:

Spoiler Warning and Rules
ATI 12.4 Catalyst – Graphic Issues
All Mark of Valor Sigils Now Unlocked!
Then what stickies do I see here in EU forum?

Diablo III Beta Maintenance - 4/21
[Guide] Is my Beta invite real???
Diablo II Ladder Reset – May 2
Diablo III Beta Opt-In and FAQ

EU forums are quite lacking and mostly abandoned :/

Soule

Mildly off topic but does anyone know if there's something for firefox (or chrome i guess) to make neogaf load new posts automatically as opposed to this constant refreshing?

Mildly off topic but does anyone know if there's something for firefox (or chrome i guess) to make neogaf load new posts automatically as opposed to this constant refreshing?

There is, Google 'Neogaf live thread'. Should be able to point you to the right script.

Here's the real question - Was there any classes for those who played the BETA that you DID NOT like? (Is that possible?)

I completed the beta with every class except the Barbarian and absolutely loved each class. Watching some GAFers and a buddy of mine play with the Barb, I know Id enjoy that as well.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Here's the real question - Was there any classes for those who played the BETA that you DID NOT like? (Is that possible?)
Yes. There were some people... they got banished from this land though.

neoism

my neogaf bookmark now redirects to this thread.

all my NHL teams are out of the playoffs, no new Mac hardware news for a while...

Damn you Diablo.

I usually do the same I always have Halogaf, as a tab. I'd really want to get in the this community also. I really think this game will be awesome. I'm sadly am still a noob when it comes to Diablo. Some of the harder difficulties sound stupid hard. So I'm looking forward to playing with some of you guys... I should go to battle.net and friend a bunch of you guys.
Still got a lot to learn from this game. Are most of you guys getting the Strategy Guide... I'm not sure. This game feels like a game you play organically. I'm sure its good to know drops of possible loot from enemies though.

Raide

I completed the beta with every class except the Barbarian and absolutely loved each class. Watching some GAFers and a buddy of mine play with the Barb, I know Id enjoy that as well.

DH. Ranged stuff did not click with me. I tend to like my loot-games toe-to-toe with monsters, not hiding safely at a distance. I am sure I will roll one to see what they are like but they are right at the bottom of my choices.

Yoshichan

Anything as cool for wizzy? D:
Nothing yet, except for my fanfic ._.
Just the thought of walking around as a wizard, engaging demons from angles they never thought would be possible. They're staring right into your bright glowing eyes as they're rapidly moving towards you with their great axes and daggers. SUDDENLY! They can't find you anymore, you've teleported behind them and just as they turn around, they see two indigo-runed arcane orbs heading their way. Only a fragment of a second later, you laugh violently as you stand upon hundreds of dead demons.
And the one for barbarian:
Just the thought of running around as an insanely fast barbarian, dual wielding axes, going all frenzy on everything that's even remotely close to you, constantly dealing strikes faster than the wind, while regenerating health and rage as you hit over and over and over and over and over again.

Yoshichan

They were just not undercore enough for Diablo 3's classes.
But... the monk is super accessible and easy to play, anyone could play that class ;)

profit

After reading this on the EU forums and feel outraged I decided the first thing Imma do is create a US character so I can post in the US forums...

EU forums are quite lacking and mostly abandoned :/

Blizz EU is lacking with all their games. In SC2 when the season ended, the bonus pool for everyone kept growing when that should not be the case. I think we had to wait around a week or two before finally getting a blue to answer that it was indeed a bug.

MajorPain

I really enjoyed the beta but felt like the game was way too easy (I realize that the beta was just a small portion of the actual game). But will still buy this game day 1 expecting so much more, expectations are high.

Also I have never really played this genre until the beta and becuase of it I bought Torchlight which seems to be very easy also.

Do the games in this genre tend to be easy?

For discussion - gaf do you think this game can meet the high expectations that have been set for it?

Yoshichan

Stop posting and go to sleep! :)
I will! I'm just gonna finish up what I started a couple of hours ago (drawing some fan-art pics of how my character will look)!

Also, I keep forgetting to do this myself, haha :p

Spirit of Jazz
SpiritOfJazz#2845
Europe
Witch Doctor

I'd really appreciate if I could be added. I'm so lucky that I've got Wednesday off next week, hopefully the servers will have calmed down a little by the time I get home from work on Tuesday.

Tacitus_

Okay the Battletag list has been updated to this point in the thread. If you've posted your battletag already and it's not in the list shoot me a pm. Otherwise, continue posting them here. Thanks!

Could you update mine? I'll be playing a Barbarian on the EU realms.

Yoshichan

For discussion - gaf do you think this game can meet the high expectations that have been set for it?
There is literally zero chance for this game to turn out to be a disappointment. I promise you this!

scy

But... the monk is super accessible and easy to play, anyone could play that class ;)

Honestly, I chose the Monk since it had the most satisfying combat speed feel. Plus the hilarity that is the thought of punching Azmodan / Diablo / Whatever in the goddamn face.

How many of you guys are actually going to buy shit in the RMAH?? Like, I do not plan to spend even a penny on anything in that. It seems absolutely retarded. If I find something cool while playing, sure maybe Ill put it up for auction, but I will never BUY anything. Its a retarded concept to me... What are everyone's thoughts??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom