• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

profit

So I have been on blackout for this game.. one question.. is there a demo or anything that I can try to see if this will run ok on my laptop before I buy it?

There will be guest passes included inside the retail game. I'm sure some people could give you a code.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
KF0cV.jpg

Takennnn
Thank you very much.
This has already been used!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=37695307&postcount=85

forrest

formerly nacire
Okay the Battletag list has been updated to this point in the thread. If you've posted your battletag already and it's not in the list shoot me a pm. Otherwise, continue posting them here. Thanks!

mr. puppy

Banned
I really want to play barbarian but the class seems so poorly designed...

I don't understand why you design a character that is close ranged then you give him a bunch of spells that push people away.

I guess if you are surrounded by creeps and want to get a strong one of your face its fine, but its kinda limiting if you aren't in that situation

Soule

I love weird characters in games, so I think my main is going to be a Witch Doctor. He can summon a giant frog. I mean... what more could you want?

Well Blaster Master had a giant frog and that was awesome, so logically speaking I have to assume that WD will also be amazing, I'm pretty sure if he's not my first character he'll follow shortly after.

I don't understand why you design a character that is close ranged then you give him a bunch of spells that push people away.

I guess if you are surrounded by creeps and want to get a strong one of your face its fine, but its kinda limiting if you aren't in that situation
Huh? Barbarian has a lot of skills that pull everything towards them as well as away from them. It's up to you to choose which to use.

Raide

Mainly because you have abilities to drag them towards you, quickly get to the enemy via leap and some crazy AoE abilities. You also have ranged attacks as well!

what? are you talking about that horrify shout or whatever? seems like a great "oh shit" skill to me, otherwise most skills I've seen/used are more about closing the gap (heroic leap) doing tons of damage (hammer of ancients) or spreading the love around (earthquake, whirlwind).

Edit: lol, Raide and I on the same page

Soule

Over 1000 posts in <12 hours.

Go, go, go!

Yeah the hype gifs may have died down but the excitement is still there :D I'm gonna have to go to bed soon and so far I've read/skimmed every single post in some kind of hype fuelled frenzy. I wonder what it'll be like when I wake up o_O

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Just like you said, they are situational skills. The majority of the skills doesn't really push the enemies back; however there are runes that makes it possible.

Raide

what? are you talking about that horrify shout or whatever? seems like a great "oh shit" skill to me, otherwise most skills I've seen/used are more about closing the gap (heroic leap) doing tons of damage (hammer of ancients) or spreading the love around (earthquake, whirlwind).

Edit: lol, Raide and I on the same page

monkpunchbrofish.gif.

Yoshichan

Yoshi! Where the hell were you!
Work ._. Gotta save up dem dollarz for dat RMAH, you know?
thumbsup.gif

Your avatar. I approve.
All credit goes to my man Corran!
agreed. I only noticed the III at first. good times yoshi. :D
Subtle genius moves like that is what makes Corran so good &#9829;
Also, welcome back Yoshichan :D
Thank you! I should totally head to bed now... lol

I work from 6:00 am to 5:00 pm on May 15th. I cant even fathom how long of a day that will feel like. (Although I do have May 17th through the 30th off).

I havent played diablo in a longggg time.I look forward to jumping in feet first without looking down and preparing to be amazed. Ive gone pretty much a media blackout except for the character videos

Will probably play wizard as I played sorc almost exclusively for 10 years. Also if I know one thing, its that blizzard loves ranged classes.

Alright, Mac question: I preordered the game off of Blizzard.com, and then went to download the installer. Once it was downloaded, I went to the set-up and it is telling me I can't. Is this to be expected until the 15th, or am I missing something. Any help would be appreciated.

Yoshichan

Want to place bets how long it will take Yoshi to get banned the night of server launch when shit hits the fan as they don't go up smoothly?
They will go up smoothly. And I will play it 00:30.

This will happen.

Nothing's stopping me from playing this immediately.

Nothing.

neoism

Can't wait for this lol I'm excited this being my first Blizzard launch game, hope for a smooth ride. I'm trying not to play D2 its al lot funer than I thought. Insane how its like 11 years old. Totally holds up.

Yoshichan

You're not FrontalMonk,but you have his avatar.

WHO ARE YOU!?
Profit is my man with the red "thing" as an avatar... but now, they are one!

Alright, Mac question: I preordered the game off of Blizzard.com, and then went to download the installer. Once it was downloaded, I went to the set-up and it is telling me I can't. Is this to be expected until the 15th, or am I missing something. Any help would be appreciated.

When you see "The fire from the sky still falls" or something, it's normal. You have to wait. (I have a Mac as well)

neoism

They will go up smoothly. And I will play it 00:30.

This will happen.

Nothing's stopping me from playing this immediately.

Nothing.

shame I gotta wait maybe til 15 2pm,so hope its running smooth then. I would go to the night launch but to lazy to go to my GameStop it's too far. I should just pre-load, but I want this game in psychical form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom