• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
:lol @ backup mouses, I love this guy

I think I managed to grab a CE of this game from Game yesterday morning, they had it in stock for about 15 minutes...really hope they do because my amazon normal edition order said it was "delayed".

So I guess I may be very lucky, having gone from not knowing much about the game, to be really excited about it to potentially have a CE on the way in the space of a week!

Seik

Banned
Oh how I'd like to stay awake and play all night tomorrow but I need to replace someone at my job and can't take any day off. I'll be sure to play right away when I'll be back home! :p

Gav47

Are you saying that you don't know what meatballs are?!

The thought crossed my mind but I dismissed it thinking "you'd have to be crazy to buy like 3kg of meatballs, who would even need that much meat?". For a monmet I even thought they might be Scotch eggs :p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That's the same guy who said to turn all the settings except AA to off or low??? His computer is beast! He should be able to max settings without fps loss without any issue whatsoever.
Gotta cram up dem 999 fps!

Firemind

Speaking of Europeans, who's going to have a midnight play session? I will and I'll probably drop a post at midnight, but it'd be nice if we could organize a list of people in Europe who don't care about sleep or responsibilities.

Yoshichan

I don't think I've ever seen so many nuts in my entire life!

Ryan_

Speaking of Europeans, who's going to have a midnight play session? I will and I'll probably drop a post at midnight, but it'd be nice if we could organize a list of people in Europe who don't care about sleep or responsibilities.

I have no responsibilities until sunday ;-)

Starting tomorrownight, nonstop till saturday night.

Smokey

This will be my first Diablo game...and really it's because I feel obligated to buy the game as a relatively new PC gamer (spring 2011).

Naturally I'm not as hyped as some of yall so I'm casually waiting until Tuesday...but what makes this series so great? If somebody could explain or do I just have to "experience" it?

Revoh

C9VJD.jpg
I'm not sure if my 1.1 is going to make it through so many clicks, this little guy has almost 8 years.

Yoshichan

So basically, I've got everything covered just like Kripp except for one thing... I don't have three Internets (but I do have 1000Mbit so that should compensate)

0lTEs.gif

Chiggs

Gold Member
I am seriously so pumped right now. I've essentially put myself on a media blackout for nearly a year and now I'm ready to go!

Phloxy

Quick question because this thread has made me decide to go all in on Diablo 3, so, I bought the CE from Wal-mart, but it wont be here til the 23rd.

If I'm buy a regular copy tomorrow night, can I use my CE key on the same account?

Don't know what the process for that is.

Bumping my question before it gets doomed to the top of the page

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
That's the same guy who said to turn all the settings except AA to off or low??? His computer is beast! He should be able to max settings without fps loss without any issue whatsoever.

Pretty much. I played Diablo 3 (and pretty much most games) at max settings at 1080p and the beta ran like butter.

Staab

You would be surprised... it's tighter than you guys think.

Pic of my mini freeze I have here. This freezer took 1/4 of the space in this place. edit: told you guys I bought healthy stuff for this though!
Oh my god, those meatballs are delicious, do you put the cranberries on them ?

DieH@rd

Banned

I'm gonna try to finish first act after midnight shenanigans with servers. Who knows, maybe even more [i reckon max 4-5hr playsession].

Because i will focus on story, it will most probably be a slow and enjoyable singleplayer crawl.

Ryan_

This will be my first Diablo game...and really it's because I feel obligated to buy the game as a relatively new PC gamer (spring 2011).

Naturally I'm not as hyped as some of yall so I'm casually waiting until Tuesday...but what makes this series so great? If somebody could explain or do I just have to "experience" it?

- The satisfaction of killing all kinds of demons with the most bloody and inventive skills
- The satisfaction of doing this with friends.
- The satisfaction of a great story in a gothic world where good and bad are strictly defined yet blurry at times
- The satisfaction of getting precious loot, gold, gems, ..
- The satisfaction of getting that one legendary item you were aiming for after weeks of hard work!
- The satisfaction of slow but steady progression in inferno where every slain monsters feels like an accomplishment of it's own
- The satisfaction that every play-through feels like an entirely different experience thanks to the diversity of the classes and the random content

Basically a lot of satisfaction!

Chiggs

Gold Member
- The satisfaction of killing all kinds of demons with the most bloody and inventive skills
- The satisfaction of doing this with friends.
- The satisfaction of a great story in a gothic world where good and bad are strictly defined yet blurry at times
- The satisfaction of getting precious loot, gold, gems, ..
- The satisfaction of getting that one legendary item you were aiming for after weeks of hard work!
- The satisfaction of slow but steady progression in inferno where every slain monsters feels like an accomplishment of it's own
-The satisfaction that every play-through feels like an entirely different experience thanks to the diversity of the classes and the random content

Basically a lot of satisfaction

Pretty much. Diablo has a perfect formula; it's like Mario in that regard.

Yoshichan

Oh my god, those meatballs are delicious, do you put the cranberries on them ?
Haha, no those are just regular grapes :D

f0rk

Is it really realistic to think you could be playing this within 4 - 8 - 12 hours of the servers going up? Surely it's going to be temperamental at best? I've made other plans for Tuesday night and taken Friday night off work because I don't think I'll get much play done on Tuesday.

Yoshichan

I'm pretty sure eating more than 2 bananas a day is bad for you. Too much potassium.
I think all he thinks about is efficiency right now, and those bananas are gonna make him PUMPED!

Island

This thread has taught me 2 non-Diablo things so far...

1. That the dark theme for NeoGAF is the sex.
2. How to make a sprite have a transparent background to use as an avatar!

Who said video games couldn't be educational!

i'll play...
a lot..
10:30pm (gmt+1) till 3/4am for a whole week... work and training (summer is near, yadda yadda, gotta finish training abs) have prio :X skipping disco, dinner out etc for a whole week though :p

So i've been replaying Diablo 2 this weekend. I actually never did beat this game back in the day, and haven't touched it in ages. Overall the game aged really well, but man o man do I spend a lot of time running back and forth selling loot. I'd love a torchlight dog or something.

Firemind

Is it really realistic to think you could be playing this within 4 - 8 - 12 hours of the servers going up? Surely it's going to be temperamental at best? I've made other plans for Tuesday night and taken Friday night off work because I don't think I'll get much play done on Tuesday.

I imagine a significant amount of people will choose to sleep because, unlike me, they have responsibilities on weekdays, so I hope it'll be manageable on the European servers.

Keep on posting, Euros!

theta11

To be honest there's only really a problem at midnight or so where everyone from both coasts are on. People who picked it up at midnight and just tossed it in and gave it a whirl as well as the digital people. It's probably going to be at it's worse around 6p.m. PDT when almost every who preordered will have and be trying to play together all at the same time and it probably be like that for the first few weeks or so with this coming weekend seeing the highest amount of simultaneous traffic.

My plan is to go pick up the game at midnight catch a nap until servers go live then play for an hour or 2 take another nap then play all day Tuesday.

hyped :)

quick question.

Does anyone else feel there is a real danger of lack of people playing multiplayer a month or so down the line?

Just to explain, they have removed the extra exp, extra monsters and made it harder to kill at the hardest level (425% for 4 people in inferno...) not to mention you can create an efficient MF build and not have to rely on others doing the same! With this there is a danger with people farming even more (real money now guys) that people will create a character and just farm constantly in single player mode as it will be faster! I know Blizzard are content that the most fun is in multiplayer and I am sure they are right but after it all wears off in a few months will people just bring it down to loot (which is why eveyone ends up playing right?) and as such create an efficient build and not bother with multiplayer games?

Please note I have stayed away from too much information to try and not spoil too much so maybe there is a mechanic regarding multiplayer games I am missing?

Yoshichan

In literally 24 hours, I will have started my character and ran through the beginning stages of the game...

Fuck me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom