• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junie12

By country
Iceland, Azores: 14th May, 22:01 (install: 14th May, 15:01)

UK, Ireland, Portugal: 14th May, 23:01 (install: 14th May, 16:01)

Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Andorra, Spain, Denmark, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Liechtenstein, San Marino, Italy, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, FYR Macedonia, Albania, Norway, Sweden: 15th May, 00:01 (install: 14th May, 17:01)

Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, Romania, Bulgaria, Greece, Turkey, Cyprus: 15th May, 01:01 (install: 14th May, 18:01)

I hate every single country on that list.

/saltyasfuck

Cipherr

Man I need a guest pass GAF. Im not likely to get my Amazon CE until late evening Tuesday. I dont wanna miss the sleepy gamers party at midnight :(

Island

By country

Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Andorra, Spain, Denmark, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Liechtenstein, San Marino, Italy, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, FYR Macedonia, Albania, Norway, Sweden: 15th May, 00:01 (install: 14th May, 17:01)

Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, Romania, Bulgaria, Greece, Turkey, Cyprus: 15th May, 01:01 (install: 14th May, 18:01)

I haven't really been following this but what is the reasoning for releasing it early in the EU? Not that I don't want you guys to play first, (ok maybe a little jealous) but seems like you would want to release it in your home territory first before heading overseas....

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
If only I had a way to share them with... oh, that thought is too funny.

Skype call screen share. Hah. Probably not worth it.
dat 240p video quality ♥ Maybe I'll be able to see the difference between Legolas and Gimli!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I hate every single country on that list.
You know you love us ♥

IMPORTANT INFO!
If you've pre-downloaded the digital version of the game in EU English or German before 10:00 AM CEST (9:00 AM GMT) on Saturday May 12, you must obtain the new downloaders to be able to install properly once the game is released on May 15. We apologize for the inconvenience, and ask that you please let friends and acquaintances know so they can begin downloading the working installer that's now available.
(installers in the link) http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4410912/

Just another reminder for anyone who wants to avoid getting spoiled (it's getting worse the closer we get to the launch day)!
^This script hides all Youtube-comments. There will be spoilers on Youtube so you better to install this script!

This needs to be quotes as-well!
Apparently it's important for people that were in the beta to manually remove some files from their system before installing the full game.

http://blues.incgamers.com/Posts/11/1/47/877/160963/important-uninstall-the-beta

And this!
Just another warning/reminder.

You should really have a blizzard authenticator for this game. Either an IOS/Android version, or the actual physical generator. There's going to be *alot* of hacked accounts, and you don't want to be one of them. Your password, no matter how complex it is, isn't safe.

injurai

Banned
So much Euro pride, at least Blizzard is from the states YEAHHH.
There I go taking credit for things that are affiliated with my country :/

Ketch

Here's a question. If I buy the digital copy do I need to buy separate copies for PC and Mac if I want to play on both?

By country

i don't get this list, which time is what?

Ryan_

And with this post I bid you all a last good night sleep.

My last 7 hour teleport will commence and we shall see each other beyond the veil!

Courage, my brethren!
The End Of Days may be upon us but
Wisdom will enlighten us,
Justice will guide us,
Valor will strengthen us,
Hope will save us,
Fate will deliver us.

Sleep deprivation makes my poetic, it seems!

Are there any discounts anywhere for this game? I don't want to pay 60 bux...

First of all, it's more than worth $60.

Second: Microcenter has it for $50 on release day, if you're near one.

And I just set up Mumble and am downloading D3 for the second time on my Windows 7 partition. Ping to the all the Mumble servers is unusually high for me right now though: ~300ms. On OS X it was closer to 40ms.

injurai

Banned
First of all, it's more than worth $60.

Second: Microcenter has it for $50 on release day, if you're near one.

And I just set up Mumble and am downloading D3 for the second time on my Windows 7 partition. Ping to the all the Mumble servers is unusually high for me right now though: ~300ms. On OS X it was closer to 40ms.

Is microcenter discounting the CE too? I may try to nap one if I get the chance.

Yoshichan

Nathalie Portman my friend ;-)
Oh my fucking God, I can't believe I just did that mistake... I blame too much juice in my body. No, not orange juice... HYPE juice.

Gotchaye

diablocountdown.com

Is that right? I'm in Texas, it's 6PM, and it's telling me I've got a day and 6 hours to go, which would be midnight tomorrow. Blizzard's site says the launch is midnight PDT, and it's currently 4PM in California. So it shouldn't be playable for a day and 8 hours, which would be 2AM my time.

scy

great! will probably start playing on tuesday. are you all students/unemployed/on vacation for this :)?

Employed. Full-time.

:(

Is that right? I'm in Texas, it's 6PM, and it's telling me I've got a day and 6 hours to go, which would be midnight tomorrow. Blizzard's site says the launch is midnight PDT, and it's currently 4PM in California. So it shouldn't be playable for a day and 8 hours, which would be 2AM my time.

Yup, our launch time is 2 AM CDT on the 15th.

Yep, it's right. At Central, it's 3AM release.

Is microcenter discounting the CE too? I may try to nap one if I get the chance.

Nah, just the regular, as far as I know. The didn't even have the CE listed in their ad.

At least with the one near me, they're really not focused on games, at all. But there's no Fry's in the area, so it's the closest thing to that for individual PC components at retail.

Yoshichan

Then you die
Serve me and protect me then!
FZ77z.png

I haven't really been following this but what is the reasoning for releasing it early in the EU? Not that I don't want you guys to play first, (ok maybe a little jealous) but seems like you would want to release it in your home territory first before heading overseas....

Because you guys always get everything first. But the fact that we get Diablo 3 first this time makes up for it. All of it.

zlatko

Banned
Yoshi dare question Americas hype for Diablo 3?

I'd bet my left nut that there is more pre orders from the USA/north america than anywhere else.

MY NUT SIR!

Yoshichan

OJ7xR.png

And as my 1000th post in this thread, I will re-post my first post.

Behold, NeoGAF!

ibtXUZEdc5tb2a.gif

The thread everyone's been waiting for, whether they're aware of it or not. I want to thank every single one of you who contributed to the Diablo 3 Beta-thread (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=443339). It's been a long ride but it's finally here - it's time to progress to something bigger. Much bigger!

I am positive that this thread is very important for some people... but for me, it is more than that. It'll single-handedly be the most important thread on GAF. And if that wasn't enough, Diablo 3 is the most hyped gaming-release of of all time, and I can't wait to go through hell (over and over again) with some of you guys! I also want to give a HUGE thanks to CarbonatedFalcon, along with everyone else who contributed making this OT possible - a job well done indeed! I truly do hope that D3GAF will turn out to be a strong and dedicated community, and that there will be tons and tons of funny/rage stories shared within this thread!

Let the clicking begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom