• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Svafnir

Is it really realistic to think you could be playing this within 4 - 8 - 12 hours of the servers going up? Surely it's going to be temperamental at best? I've made other plans for Tuesday night and taken Friday night off work because I don't think I'll get much play done on Tuesday.

I am hoping to play 10~ minutes after launch, cataclysm launch worked perfectly. I only see issues with login servers.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
And this after years of waiting in anticipation
I know it's been said already... but this really does feel like an April Fools or something... it's fucking unreal that I will be playing this so soon.

Ryan_

How is this possible? Wouldn't the 24 hours mark be Midnight (PST) tonight?

http://diablocountdown.eu/

He's right. We will be playing for 48 minutes.

I know it's been said already... but this really does feel like an April Fools or something... it's fucking unreal that I will be playing this so soon.

I just hope I won't die tomorrow or experience something that will render me unable to play the game.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How is this possible? Wouldn't the 24 hours mark be Midnight (PST) tonight?
We will have played the game for 48 hours... well, I won't since I'm actually going to the midnight launch for some extra copies of the game :3

Killer

Banned
iD9e1w6Nzqbx9.gif

what is this movie?

Firemind

Yes, Europe gets it earlier, which is why I want to organize an exclusive Euro list of cool people who want to play at midnight. :3

scy

Does anyone else feel there is a real danger of lack of people playing multiplayer a month or so down the line?

Honestly? It's just more fun in multiplayer and the downsides to it are limited, really. Maybe a few dedicated people will go solo only forever but, really, the game is more fun together.

Besides, even with the HP boosts and all that, you'll still cut through content faster as a group.

Yoshichan

But how will you continue to post every 9 seconds?
I've already said multiple times that I won't be posting at all when the game's out. I will only post when I feel that I need to update you guys my status (which means my level, my experience with the game, if I'm still alive etc).

Ryan_

I've already said multiple times that I won't be posting at all when the game's out. I will only post when I feel that I need to update you guys my status (which means my level, my experience with the game, if I'm still alive etc).

Ryan#1961

For when all communication outside Sanctuary will seize to exist.

Yoshichan

Don't think it's the proper one but damn if it doesn't remind me of MvC3 launch. URRRRLYYY posts for days.
It IS the Mahvel 3 launch :lol God, those were awesome days...

Honestly? It's just more fun in multiplayer and the downsides to it are limited, really. Maybe a few dedicated people will go solo only forever but, really, the game is more fun together.

Besides, even with the HP boosts and all that, you'll still cut through content faster as a group.

Well like i said I haven't seen too much of it but I dont see why you would cut faster through mobs if they have 425% health in the toughest difficulty and hit MUCH harder?

and yeah fun for a while but realistically a LOT of people are in it for the loot at the 2 month+ stage especially with money involved?

scy

Well like i said I haven't seen too much of it but I dont see why you would cut faster through mobs if they have 425% health in the toughest difficulty and hit MUCH harder?

and yeah fun for a while but realistically a LOT of people are in it for the loot at the 2 month+ stage especially with money involved?

Synergy. Greater than the sum of their parts. And it's not that much more damage. On Inferno, it's a +30% increase, that's all.

Keep in mind, loot is instanced so it's not like people are even fighting for drops. There's no real downside to grouping up except for the MF% issue, really.

Gotchaye

Re: Inferno monster HP boosts:

Keep in mind that if two people in the party each have a unique debuff that makes monsters take 15% more damage, then everybody is better off than if they were playing solo (for the standard silly assumptions like everybody is standing in one spot firing away at the same incoming monster until it dies, etc). It's not clear how you'd do it mathematically, but any abilities that slow or stun or otherwise screw with monsters are also going to help the whole party, so it really does make sense for monster HP to increase faster than the player count. I think multiplayer games will still make a lot of sense.

Ainaurdur

The LotR related vids a few pages back makes me think, I could watch the extended trilogy...

That would take care of 12+ hours of waiting!

Yoshichan

The LotR related vids a few pages back makes me think, I could watch the extended trilogy...

That would take care of 12+ hours of waiting!
Oh my GOD!

-> no actual spoilers ->
if I only had a way of watching them :_:

Yoshichan

By country
Iceland, Azores: 14th May, 22:01 (install: 14th May, 15:01)

UK, Ireland, Portugal: 14th May, 23:01 (install: 14th May, 16:01)

Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Andorra, Spain, Denmark, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Liechtenstein, San Marino, Italy, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, FYR Macedonia, Albania, Norway, Sweden: 15th May, 00:01 (install: 14th May, 17:01)

Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, Romania, Bulgaria, Greece, Turkey, Cyprus: 15th May, 01:01 (install: 14th May, 18:01)

Ryan_

Alright, as of now I have:

Ryan_ [Ryan#1961]
DieH@rd [single-player mostly]
witchedwiz [???]

Well, I have my own LAN going on the first days but tuesday evening and afterwards EraVulgaris and me will probably teaming up with some Gaffers who are up for it :)

TylerD

That Kripparian hardcore prep video is hilarious.

3 internets, 3 computers, 4 mice, multiple keyboards, 2 headsets. End of RL for sure.

Ryan_

By country

Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Andorra, Spain, Denmark, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Liechtenstein, San Marino, Italy, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, FYR Macedonia, Albania, Norway, Sweden: 15th May, 00:01 (install: 14th May, 17:01)

Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, Romania, Bulgaria, Greece, Turkey, Cyprus: 15th May, 01:01 (install: 14th May, 18:01)

My guess was correct... sadly. Oh well.

Re: Inferno monster HP boosts:

Keep in mind that if two people in the party each have a unique debuff that makes monsters take 15% more damage, then everybody is better off than if they were playing solo (for the standard silly assumptions like everybody is standing in one spot firing away at the same incoming monster until it dies, etc). It's not clear how you'd do it mathematically, but any abilities that slow or stun or otherwise screw with monsters are also going to help the whole party, so it really does make sense for monster HP to increase faster than the player count. I think multiplayer games will still make a lot of sense.

ah see this I didnt know about. I see where you are going with this one although yes I dont know the maths on it either :p

Synergy. Greater than the sum of their parts. And it's not that much more damage. On Inferno, it's a +30% increase, that's all.

Keep in mind, loot is instanced so it's not like people are even fighting for drops. There's no real downside to grouping up except for the MF% issue, really.

Well its just a concern :) The MF issue seems like it will the biggest problem regarding it. I was just thinking they might need more incentive for people to actually play together but if there are things like the first quote above that should be enough.

By country

Where's America?! nuooooo

Yoshichan

Where's America?! nuooooo
Diablo 3 is gonna be released in America(s)?! I thought only Europe hyped that shit ;)

That's right, I'm telling ya'll to STEP YO GAME UP!

Quick question because this thread has made me decide to go all in on Diablo 3, so, I bought the CE from Wal-mart, but it wont be here til the 23rd.

If I'm buy a regular copy tomorrow night, can I use my CE key on the same account?

Don't know what the process for that is.

If you have a regular key, and later get a CE key, contact Blizz support and they'll upgrade your account for you.

Same situation happened to me with WoW:Cataclysm. It was no big deal, Blizz support are super friendly.

Good luck!

Firemind

Well, I have my own LAN going on the first days but tuesday evening and afterwards EraVulgaris and me will probably teaming up with some Gaffers!

Yeah, me too (the LAN part), but it doesn't hurt if other Euro people are feeling lonely or scared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom