• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

is that the time it will take you to clear inferno with all 6 classes?

I'm just jealous of your Korean ubergaming roots :(

Oh shit, you guys get an extra class?! :x

I have a duo partner so I don't really know what my pace will be :(

Avellon

Here's a question. If I buy the digital copy do I need to buy separate copies for PC and Mac if I want to play on both?

No, when you get the digital copy there are two seperate clients for mac and PC, you can download both as many times as you want with your one copy.

RkOwnage

I had to go to Orlando (I'm from Savannah) for a job interview this weekend, the interview being Monday at 8am but I'll be back in time to start all the pre Diablo 3 festivities

mandiller

Just another warning/reminder.

You should really have a blizzard authenticator for this game. Either an IOS/Android version, or the actual physical generator. There's going to be *alot* of hacked accounts, and you don't want to be one of them. Your password, no matter how complex it is, isn't safe.

I'm confused. Do Blizzard regularly get hacked and have their accounts and passwords stolen? Why would I need an authenticator?

Syrionus

Neo Member
So what are the odds that the servers crash within the first 24 hours due to the obvious overabundance of people? I hope Zero. Up side, I have Monday and Tuesday off this week. Downside, my next day off is Saturday.

injurai

Banned
Hnnnnggg I have spent so much time in this thread that my perception of D3 is becoming more and more based on dialogue that I'm having with all of you. And when I watch a video of actually content I begin to cream all over again. This fucking wait.

scy

I'm confused. Do Blizzard regularly get hacked and have their accounts and passwords stolen? Why would I need an authenticator?

WoW and other MMO accounts are targeted a lot more generally speaking. Diablo 3 will no doubt be the same. Granted, 95% of the hacked accounts are from being dumb (scam e-mails, phishing attempts, etc.), it's just better safe than sorry.

If you have a iPhone (or even iPod Touch) or any Android phone, the authenticator is a free app and it's a relatively painless process. Adds maybe 10-20 seconds to your login time once every few logins.

So what are the odds that the servers crash within the first 24 hours due to the obvious overabundance of people?

Yes.

oneils

http://imgur.com/a/aawwF

And example:

yZmLt.png

No space to put these in the OT anymore though.

Awesome. Thanks, man. Cheers.

Hnnnnggg I have spent so much time in this thread that my perception of D3 is becoming more and more based on dialogue that I'm having with all of you. And when I watch a video of actually content I begin to cream all over again. This fucking wait.

I have never experienced such a wait for a game. It's on a whole other level. The only wait I can (more or less) compare is the one for WoW and the old GTA games (Vice City, San Andreas). But this... I'm older than I was then, but my hype levels for games seem to have increased!

Bossun

I have never experienced such a wait for a game. It's on a whole other level. The only wait I can (more or less) compare is the one for WoW and the old GTA games (Vice City, San Andreas). But this... I'm older than I was then, but my hype levels for games seem to have increased!

Yeah me too. And I don't like that. It's the best way to feel let down. Or just disappointed. Overhype is not always good :(

ShaneB

So what are the odds that the servers crash within the first 24 hours due to the obvious overabundance of people? I hope Zero. Up side, I have Monday and Tuesday off this week. Downside, my next day off is Saturday.

Pretty good I think. I won't be playing until Tuesday evening, so hopefully things are nice and smooth after about 14 hours post launch.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Forever and ever, until the end of time, Yoshi, the undercore champion.
After hearing these words, I will sleep well tonight.
:D

I think I may equip some sort of hammer on my Wizard in honor of the Hammer!
A banner with a hammer?! (dat rhyme)

injurai

Banned

I honestly don't know how I can be this hyped. I have visited r/diablo every day for the past year, and now this thread is my home for all things Diablo related. If I am ever this hyped for a game again it will be far down the road.

Vodh

I'm the same :D This is oficially my most anticipated game ever, the hours before the launch (and I mean the ~80 hours :D) make me question just how much hype is a human able to survive. The only thing that compares is the WoW, and it's different this time because I'm trying to keep myself in the black about all the potential spoilers - I read everything there was about WoW.

But with Diablo the lack of information spices things up, it's amazing!

Also, I've been saving the Book of Cain for the last 24 hours before the launch, it's finally the time to dig in!

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
The servers are going to crash, did you think you could get away with playing a game smoothly on launch day?

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
So how the hell do you get the Diablo II digital copy to work?

It says ensure the Diablo II play disc is inserted. (which it obviously isn't.)

Windows 8 running in Win XP compatibility.

Tried reinstalling, and the game comes patched to the latest version...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
so in the end, does this game have any sort of offline mode at all? i haven't really been keeping up.
No offline what-so-ever. You can create your own server and make it private though.

Blizzard accounts are regularly targeted by keylogging programs and trojans and phishing scams. So it's definitely worth it to get an authenticator, especially since D3 accounts may be a popular target.

There have been conspiracy theories about vulnerability/inside job on Blizzard's end but nothing concrete like the PSN or Steam hacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom