• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
After playing in the beta, I know that the game is amazing. So all my hype is genuine and it's gushing all over the place.
Yup. The game could've literally ended with the Skeleton King and it would've still been an amazing game. I've spent more time with the beta than I've spent in all 2011 games totally.

Wunder

Good morninggggggg, Game of Thrones day today - which means at least a few hours not thinking about Diablo 3 and thinking about awesome GoT lore and spoilers!

After playing in the beta, I know that the game is amazing. So all my hype is genuine and it's gushing all over the place.

Indeed, the beta removed any doubts I had (if there even were doubts in the first place).

It's time to sleep, see you tomorrow guys (EU, fuck yeah), when the fire from the sky will stop falling and come to a halt.

forrest

formerly nacire
uz8b0.jpg

I predict that at least half will be strong enough to survive the community-hammer.

I'm not even in that pic and I'll be around in the community thread for a long time to come. I've been to busy these past few days to really post a lot in the OT. I'm lurking though!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Good morninggggggg, Game of Thrones day today - which means at least a few hours not thinking about Diablo 3 and thinking about awesome GoT lore and spoilers!
This is the part where we Europeans get to hate on you Americans :(
I'm not even in that pic and I'll be around in the community thread for a long time to come. I've been to busy these past few days to really post a lot in the OT. I'm lurking though!
Gotta post more man! A great soldier will always be a great soldier, but how does he expect a promotion if he stands in the back of the army?

LowParry

The servers are going to crash, did you think you could get away with playing a game smoothly on launch day?

lol

The last bad launch day for any Blizzard game was probably Burning Crusade. Everything else since has been a smooth launch.

Filth

yoshi after days and days of reading this thread im finally ready to give my bow to you.

I AM FOREVER LOYAL TO YOU MY LIEGE.

UMBASA.

Yoshichan

yoshi after days and days of reading this thread im finally ready to give my bow to you.

I AM FOREVER LOYAL TO YOU MY LIEGE.

UMBASA.
You are now among us, brother! Stand forth warrior, and make sure to rest up! Tomorrow we go through the depths of hell, TOGETHER!

uleGT.jpg

What'll be the best way to talk to people during the game? Mumble? Do I need to set a separate server or should I join the main GAF one in the OP?

Yoshichan

Anyone can post on a forum though. First level 60 gaffer however, I'll be getting no problem.
I wouldn't say "no problem", but you certainly have a big chance if you plan on rushing! I expect everyone in this thread to take it slowly the first time through!

Decided to go Wizard after I heard Barbarians level out past 25 which means the others get stronger imho. We shall see. Wizard was my 2nd choice anyway and I'm sure I'll go back and start a barbarian. God I can't wait! :)

lordy88

I decided on going Double-Shield Caster Barbarian.

No, you cannot change my mind.

Casting spells are based on weapon damage?

No weapon damage = no damage?

Alright, I up with a thorns build to try to imagine a double shield build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#YRkgQi!bVX!acaabb

Problem is generating fury with ground stomp since it has a cooldown. Not sure how to really handle that (maybe adding leap instead of battle rage?)

Fordzilla

So pumped. I took Thursday and Friday off from work to get in some serious D3 time over the weekend. Tuesday and Wednesday are going to be tough work days.

Yoshichan

Gotchaye

Is it possible that high end DH weapons will have bows or will it just be dual wield crossbow central?

My impression from the beta is that in general two-handed bows are better than dual wielding the one-handed xbows. You can equip a quiver with a two-handed bow, so you're not actually missing out on affixes, other than ones that are unique to the one-handed xbows. Maybe two perfect one-handed xbows would work well together, but it's going to be much easier to find a perfect two-handed bow or a perfect one-handed xbow and then take a pretty good quiver in the other hand.

Edit: I'm not a big fan of dual-wielding other than for the Monk and Barbarian, sometimes.

Fordzilla

Looks like a homebrew. Nice! I'm a homebrewer myself, but I don't usually make labels. Those are definitely cool.

How does one get added to the battletag list? I'd like to get on there if possible. Fordzilla#1288

injurai

Banned
My impression from the beta is that in general two-handed bows are better than dual wielding the one-handed xbows. You can equip a quiver with a two-handed bow, so you're not actually missing out on affixes, other than ones that are unique to the one-handed xbows. Maybe two perfect one-handed xbows would work well together, but it's going to be much easier to find a perfect two-handed bow or a perfect one-handed xbow and then take a pretty good quiver in the other hand.

Edit: I'm not a big fan of dual-wielding other than for the Monk and Barbarian, sometimes.

Huh that is interesting, I didn't know that.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Has anyone read the Diablo 3 comics DC is putting out yet? I have the first three issues, but haven't had a chance to read it just yet.

Yoshichan

Not me. I'll also try to get up there on HC.
You're streaming as-well, right? I can't wait to watch the VODs somtime in the future...

Gotchaye

To clear up what I said above: the issue is that when you dual-wield you get a 15% AS bonus. But quivers come with pretty big damage bonuses such that you're going to be getting something like that 15% damage boost from it alone, and you're getting all of your attacks from your best xbow rather than the average of your best two.

Edit: My bad, quivers have AS bonuses. They went to about 10% in the beta, which wasn't as good as dual-wielding, but might get better later. Plus if your weapon has +damage affixes, the quiver is better than dual-wielding because it doubles the effectiveness of the one weapon's damage affix relative to having two weapons each with a damage affix.

scy

Also worth noting that dual wielding isn't as big a DPS increase as people think it is. You need two comparable weapons for it to really be a net increase.

Vodh

Grabbed a second copy of CE today, convinced a friend to buy it for her brother as a b-day present. I'm not sure if he won't get D3 himself, but pretty sure he won't have the CE. Also, if you're in Edinburgh area, the Princes Street HMV still has some CE's left.

Yoshichan

Yeah. I allready set up overlays and stuff. Right now installing my webcam.
Excellent shit man. God, at this point I just want to multi-produce my brain and do 10x at once on launch :(
I've gotten 3 friends who were planning on skipping this game to get it, still working on a few more that are not sure if their laptops can handle it. But they are close to sold.
Boss! I've probably managed to get 40-50 people to buy the game since the reveal (2008).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom