• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

I really enjoyed the beta but felt like the game was way too easy (I realize that the beta was just a small portion of the actual game). But will still buy this game day 1 expecting so much more, expectations are high.

Also I have never really played this genre until the beta and becuase of it I bought Torchlight which seems to be very easy also.

Do the games in this genre tend to be easy?
I think the "Diablo III is easy" misconception will be quickly destroyed once people start plugging through Nightmare/Hell/Inferno modes.

The reason Normal mode is wisely kept easy is to ensure the core game is accessible to a wide variety of audiences.

How many of you guys are actually going to buy shit in the RMAH?? Like, I do not plan to spend even a penny on anything in that. It seems absolutely retarded. If I find something cool while playing, sure maybe Ill put it up for auction, but I will never BUY anything. Its a retarded concept to me... What are everyone's thoughts??
I don't plan on buying any equipment but if I can make easy $$ selling gear to other people who will that's not retarded in the least.

How many of you guys are actually going to buy shit in the RMAH?? Like, I do not plan to spend even a penny on anything in that. It seems absolutely retarded. If I find something cool while playing, sure maybe Ill put it up for auction, but I will never BUY anything. Its a retarded concept to me... What are everyone's thoughts??

One of my dreams is for there to be a permanent 'poser' tag on chars that do.

Island

I think I will use funds that I make from the RMAH to buy stuff from the RMAH... that way I havent "paid" anything and am really just using the RMAH as a trade broker....

TUSR

Banned
I usually do the same I always have Halogaf, as a tab. I'd really want to get in the this community also. I really think this game will be awesome. I'm sadly am still a noob when it comes to Diablo. Some of the harder difficulties sound stupid hard. So I'm looking forward to playing with some of you guys... I should go to battle.net and friend a bunch of you guys.
Still got a lot to learn from this game. Are most of you guys getting the Strategy Guide... I'm not sure. This game feels like a game you play organically. I'm sure its good to know drops of possible loot from enemies though.
it's a great community to get into because it will last pretty much forever with the addition of expansions and because it's simply a blizzard game. I don't feel a strat guide is worth it because I doubt the people writing it have had enormous success in inferno. Wait for online guides because there will be people dedicating every hour of their day towards trying to be the best at this.

I'm curious as to whether the RMAH is going to create some kind of legitimate stay-at-home-and-farm employment option, tbh.

If someone makes a living wage off of this thing, will it start getting taxed?

That's mean :-(

I'm sorry ;p You created some vivid imagery that's hard to forget is all.

One of my dreams is for there to be a permanent 'poser' tag on chars that do.

I know you're kidding (mostly) but that is obviously the last thing Blizzard would ever do in a million bajillion years. I think you came up with the worst business decision they could ever possibly make, haha.

Junie12

Holy shit! When I left this thread it was only at 350 posts, and now it exploded to over 1,000 post!

SHIT! The hype for this game is insane! This OT is definitely not gonna last long..

krpiper

So I picked up a Razer Naga (the molten variety) does anyone have any experience using this on the beta? It works pretty awesome for WoW so far

zlatko

Banned
Holy shit! When I left this thread it was only at 350 posts, and now it exploded to over 1,000 post!

SHIT! The hype for this game is insane! This OT is definitely not gonna last long..

It isn't going as fast as HaloGAF thread's in community. They are on another level. When H4 OT goes up, they will probably get to OT3 in that week before launch.

MajorPain

I will definitely be using the RMAH to sell rare items i pick up. Also I will buy items if they seem to be cheap with hopes of relisting these items for profit.

Soule

15% only comes off commodities in the RMAH (gold, dyes, gems, etc.). Blizzard's fee on equipment transactions is a flat $1.

THey are still going to make shit-tons of money, of course.

I'm so happy they made the RMAH just because as a revenue stream it'll be in their interest to keep people coming back to the game so support should be very good and we don't have to bother with something like a subscription

I know you're kidding (mostly) but that is obviously the last thing Blizzard would ever do in a million bajillion years. I think you came up with the worst business decision they could ever possibly make, haha.

Not a D3 spoiler, view away:
Mostly yes, like I can see myself caving and buying at least something in however many years I play this.

Same thought though, it's the absolute last thing they would do :p.

I'm still cynical over a ton of the ways they went with the game though.

Who else took days off of work to play Diablo 3?

I took an entire week off.

Unfortunately I only have a few more personal days left this year (didn't plan my vacation very well) but I am planning to call in sick Monday night for sure. I am also working from home on Wednesday - which isn't really the same as being off but maybe I'll hook up my desktop PC and then just play Diablo in the background while working
or work in the background while playing Diablo.

MajorPain

So I picked up a Razer Naga (the molten variety) does anyone have any experience using this on the beta? It works pretty awesome for WoW so far

I have this mouse and love it. It makes playing so much easier. I have used it to play SW:TOR, SCII and also in the D3 beta. Works great all 3 games.

Tacitus_

Never say never, you know?

Darkone

ccc

Darkone
Korak#1115
Israel (Europe server)
Barbarian

Would love to play with fellow Gaffers.

How do i add the Battletag list image to the post?

mr. puppy

Banned
hm witch doctor just seems like a class that can't instantly kill things and i'm going to have to be doing a lot of "RUN AWAY" while throwing shit at people. also why do my zombie dogs die immediately against the skeleton king, i can barely tank them up :\

NIN90

HOLY FUCK Blizzard get 15% of RMAH transactions for almost doing nothing? They gonna do mad bank with this game even well after the release.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
yeah, I went to lunch and when I came back this thread only moved one page! what gives?
6 days left sir! Its most certainly gonna pick up the closer to launch we get.

HOLY FUCK Blizzard get 15% of RMAH transactions for almost doing nothing? They gonna do mad bank with this game even well after the release.

15% on commodities, $1/ea on weapons, armor, etc.

The 15% made sense once they explained it. It's 15% of whatever sells, so if you put 50k gold on the RMAH, and someone buys 10k of it, and someone else buys 40k of it, you only get charged 15% of the 40k you sold.

Dyno

Epic OP for a Epic game! Really well done, I am in awe.

That feeling when your cursor passes over a weapon and those yellowy-brown letters pop up... That is a special kind of bliss that no other game has truly delivered. Others have tried, but you can't clone that special feeling.

I cannot wait to return to Sanctuary and bask in it's dark lore. My heart has been in a Horadric Cube since my last Blood Run all those years ago.

The way I look at it, if you just buy an item cuz it's awesome you're robbing yourself of the time you could have spent playing the game to actually earn it, so you end up playing this game less as a result. Once I've seen and done it all and I only need like one rare item to complete my perfect build then I'd probably buy it, depending on the cost.

I think I will use funds that I make from the RMAH to buy stuff from the RMAH... that way I havent "paid" anything and am really just using the RMAH as a trade broker....

This actually isnt a bad idea. I don't plan on ever uploading fund to my WALLET, but I could see using funds I raise through selling my items. I guess the suckers somewhere gotta pony up the cash... not gonna be me!!! LOL

The way I look at it, if you just buy an item cuz it's awesome you're robbing yourself of the time you could have spent playing the game to actually earn it, so you end up playing this game less as a result. Once I've seen and done it all and I only need like one rare item to complete my perfect build then I'd probably buy it, depending on the cost.

Yeah, it will depend on cost. I can definitely see things getting out of hand and gear going for like $100. That would be absurd. I'm curious to see how this will all play out. I guess if your time is worth more than the cash value, it makes sense. I just don't have ANY excess cash flow and my time is worth shit so that doesn't seem like fair reasoning for myself. :p

Benutzer

Yeah, it will depend on cost. I can definitely see things getting out of hand and gear going for like $100. That would be absurd. I'm curious to see how this will all play out. I guess if your time is worth more than the cash value, it makes sense. I just don't have ANY excess cash flow and my time is worth shit so that doesn't seem like fair reasoning for myself. :p

wow i remember the first few windforce on ebay. they sold for insane amounts of money...

Soule

hm witch doctor just seems like a class that can't instantly kill things and i'm going to have to be doing a lot of "RUN AWAY" while throwing shit at people. also why do my zombie dogs die immediately against the skeleton king, i can barely tank them up :\

Yeah that felt like the only disappointment with the WD to me, I played through with my cousin who also went WD and we DEMOLISHED everything and then got up to Skeleton King and things didn't go nearly as smoothly, the dogs didn't do anything really they were pretty pointless against him and we struggled with how much damage he could do to us. That's my biggest worry is that despite being really good against most normal creeps come the increased difficulty it'll be a struggle and skills won't be as viable. But anyway there's TONS of skills to unlock and tinker with on the way to 60 so I probably shouldn't read too much into it

as far as RMAH goes, I don't know tbh. I know I wouldn't buy ANYTHING before level 60, because it'd just be a waste for me. But if I saw a reeeeally badass axe or something, something that could help me in inferno that's a huge upgrade and it's like $4 or $5, why not? I have a little money to burn.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'll bet avatars and ban time that Halo 4's thread will move faster and have more posts in its 1 week to launch than Diablo 3's.

Dare to bet sir?!
I dare not, sir... as consoleGAF has proven that it is much, much stronger than PCGAF :(

forrest

formerly nacire
15% on commodities, $1/ea on weapons, armor, etc.

The 15% made sense once they explained it. It's 15% of whatever sells, so if you put 50k gold on the RMAH, and someone buys 10k of it, and someone else buys 40k of it, you only get charged 15% of the 40k you sold.

The 15% transfer fee to PayPal is the only thing I really have a problem with. It shouldn't be that high of a cut in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom