• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realyn

Excellent shit man. God, at this point I just want to multi-produce my brain and do 10x at once on launch :(

Me too. I hope none of you guys turns in and plays the game for yourself!
Nah, seriously ... Really don't expect much viewer. I'm just streaming because I can and it doesn't hurt my perfomance. Maybe someone will have a look with his mobile phone ... while he's at work ;p.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I got 3 co-workers and a few cousins of mine to get the game so I did my part.

Will they like the game is a whole other story though..
Who cares at that point though, right? As long as they've given Blizzard the money, I'm happy :3

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That kripp End of Days video is really shameful and embarrassing
Really? He's going for world first hardcore and he has a dedicated (and very knowledgeable) team with him. How is it "embarrassing"?

Definity

Is it time yet?

Looking forward to this one. I played Diablo back in the day and then had to skip Diablo 2 since I was deployed overseas several times with the military.
Been on somewhat of a media blackout so I'm sure my mind will melt when I see the game in action come Tuesday.

6QowX.jpg

Remember guys, don't forget to go to the Diablo III site to make some online social media 'banners' to earn exclusive in-game sigils.

http://reveal.diablo3.com/en_US/mark_of_valor/#!/overview

spk

Really? He's going for world first hardcore and he has a dedicated (and very knowledgeable) team with him. How is it "embarrassing"?

You aren't put off by a guy so obsessed with a video game that he has 3 computers, 3 internet connections, and an assorted collection of "planned meals" to help him min max his playtime for 16hrs a day? The smug nerd pride thing only makes it worse. The whole video is pretty gross I'm not sure what needs explaining

Yoshichan

LumpOfCole - :lol So good

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
We're your friends now.
I'm in the same boat.

This reminds me of something funny! I remember in Ragnarok ONLINE I had made a spontaneous friends who saved my life. We went deep into the woods, and he suddenly was devoured by a monster.

A few weeks later, I made another friend and we went deep into a deserted area while on the hunt for some monster quest of his. After some terrible pacing, my 'friend' killed me and stole my inventory.

Some friend.

So who wants to perish at the hands of a stranger 'friend'? Remember Stranger, danger!

goodfella

I'm getting hyped, and I've never played Diablo before.

This thread is highly infectious!

So, what are your plans for this game, I would assume playing once through solo, and then after that playing with friends is the best way to do it, no?

Freki

You aren't put off by a guy so obsessed with a video game that he has 3 computers, 3 internet connections, and an assorted collection of "planned meals" to help him min max his playtime for 16hrs a day? The smug nerd pride thing only makes it worse. The whole video is pretty gross I'm not sure what needs explaining

He's just serious about his world first attempt - where's the problem?

Yoshichan

You don't really seem to know what's at stake here. But whatever, it's too bad you feel that way. Now go along and play with the cool kids!

Realyn

Yeah sorry but seriously ... "The best thing about this food is you can eat it with one hand" :eek:

injurai

Banned
I'm getting hyped, and I've never played Diablo before.

This thread is highly infectious!

So, what are your plans for this game, I would assume playing once through solo, and then after that playing with friends is the best way to do it, no?

Solo character, and a multiplayer character going at the same time, classes still haven't been decided for me.

CSX

Being forced to buy this for a midnight launch lan party and Im not the biggest loot guy. Please let it be $60 well spent.

Wunder

Okay well too bad you feel that way. Now go along and play with the cool kids!

I personally thought that video was a bit crazy, but in a strangely good way. Looking forward to Kripp smash his way through D3, unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to watch his stream since my PC is probably worse than his 3rd 'backup' PC. ;_;

oneils

That kripp End of Days video is really shameful and embarrassing

Is he going for world first? Or is he just streaming the game? If it is for world first, I can understand his set up. Why not show it. Shrug. Not sure I understand why people get worked up by his videos.

Valnen

Yoshi! Exactly what kind of beer is that? Google is failing me! I've looked up "Apocalyptic Ale" but I've had no luck. Surely I can order this on the internet somewhere. D:

Yoshichan

Is he going for world first? Or is he just streaming the game? If it is for world first, I can understand his set up. Why not show it. Shrug. Not sure I understand why people get worked up by his videos.
World first inferno clear.
Not sure I understand why people get worked up by his videos.
Salty haters bro, not that uncommon.

LowParry

Being forced to buy this for a midnight launch lan party and Im not the biggest loot guy. Please let it be $60 well spent.

Aside from not liking loot, what else do you not like? D3 I'm sure will give you a great story. Great atmosphere. I think your first play through will be fantastic but then afterwards if you're not into killing bosses for better gear, I guess that's where you'd stop.

Yoshichan

What is at stake? Nerd rep?
No, only his career and job. He wins against Athene and he'll get tons and tons of additional subscribers. You do realize it's his job, right?

spk

^ believe it or not some people can appreciate and enjoy video games without becoming a hardcore stereotype

Yea I'm real salty about this dudes habits and desire to be world first. I literally cannot understand how people identify with the guy so much that they can't see what it looks like to people who haven't gotten caught up in the Super Hardcore Diablo Fever thing

If I'm a hater for being uncomfortable that peoples discussions and behavior comes off like worship and ridiculous obsession then that's fine

Freki

What is at stake? Nerd rep?

Yea I'm real salty about this dudes habits and desire to be world first. I literally cannot understand how people identify with the guy so much that they can't see what it looks like to people who haven't gotten caught up in the Super Hardcore Diablo Fever thing

Where the Fuck does this hate for gaming come from?
Would you say the same if he was preparing for some kind of "normal" sport competition?
Do you hate esports as well?

scy

I think it's just that it's kind of silly to have three internet connections and have planned out meals.

...I mean, that's a little silly.

Edit: Granted, I have planned meals in the sense I know what I'm buying grocery wise so maybe I shouldn't talk.

Yoshichan

Well spk, I don't get you so :lol

More people posting their stuff! (OMG, he's already made food before-hand?! How fucking disgusting, he should totally prioritize the important things in his life!)

dibbemat.jpg

qldH6.jpg

Tobe

qq, i installed the demo and updated it today, if i buy the game do i preload extra stuff or the full game its already installed?

oneils

Why do people camp out for a midnight launch?

Why do people spend hundreds to go to blizzcon or pax?

Why do people camp out for a chance to get someone's autograph?

Why do people play video games for hundreds of hours?

Why do people post on discussion forums?

What is the meaning of life?

forrest

formerly nacire
Gotta post more man! A great soldier will always be a great soldier, but how does he expect a promotion if he stands in the back of the army?

Haha, I think I used up all my posts in the beta thread! Unfortunately I've only had time to lurk. :( But fear not! I'll be on the front lines when it counts!!!

Also, got to watch Kripparrian's latest prep video. Food is about what I expected! Lol, told you guys he was serious! On a side note I don't know the guy someone was comparing him to earlier, but whenever I see Kripp, this is all I can think about...

I'm seriously waiting for him to say "Giggity!"

Got stocked on my food goodness as well! Apples, bananas, peanuts, green peppers, carrots, orange juice, oatmeal, chicken, stuff for smoothies, water, water and more water. I'll play pretty hardcore, but I don't mind taking a break to toss a piece of chicken in the oven or oatmeal in the microwave.

Come on Tuesday!!!

injurai

Banned
I completely support people preparing hardcore for games. Some people just like to take a little break and engage in some care free escapism with their love and hobbies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom