• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

pfft, guild wars 2 stress test tomorrow will help some boredom.

i haven't played in a game in a week cause i didnt want to start something before d3. :|

man I forgot about that stress test! Diablo 3 hype washing over me. Can't wait to get back into some Tyria!

EDIT: Near the top of the page, I'll post this for Yoshichan!

IMPORTANT INFO!
If you've pre-downloaded the digital version of the game in EU English or German before 10:00 AM CEST (9:00 AM GMT) on Saturday May 12, you must obtain the new downloaders to be able to install properly once the game is released on May 15. We apologize for the inconvenience, and ask that you please let friends and acquaintances know so they can begin downloading the working installer that's now available.
(installers in the link) http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4410912/

Just another reminder for anyone who wants to avoid getting spoiled (it's getting worse the closer we get to the launch day)!
Sn4ke_911 said:
That's why i use this script. Works great!
FOR GOOGLE CHROME: http://chrome.google.com/webstore/de...hlppjoen?hl=fr
FOR FIREFOX http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/14530

^This script hides all Youtube-comments. There will be spoilers on Youtube so you better to install this script!

This needs to be quotes as-well!
Valnen said:
Apparently it's important for people that were in the beta to manually remove some files from their system before installing the full game.

http://blues.incgamers.com/Posts/11/...stall-the-beta

And this!
Ferrio said:
Just another warning/reminder.

You should really have a blizzard authenticator for this game. Either an IOS/Android version, or the actual physical generator. There's going to be *alot* of hacked accounts, and you don't want to be one of them. Your password, no matter how complex it is, isn't safe.

Ainaurdur

Haven't you done it yet?! It's literally the best HD Collection in the industry... SotC is glorious in 30fps and motion blur ;_;

Why would they do this?! Any specific reason? Imagine Blizzard opening the servers for 7 hours and then shut down them...

I must confess, I grabbed it as soon as it released. Played half of Ico, and then got pulled away to other games. Have no fear though, I own and completed both games on PS2.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Jay Wilson pretty much OK'd my Barb build hahaha!
:lol that's awesome!
Just stress testing the servers IIRC, there isn't even a patch or anything.
Oh, okay that makes sense then... I guess :/
I must confess, I grabbed it as soon as it released. Played half of Ico, and then got pulled away to other games.
WAIT, YOU DID WHAAAAAA--
Have no fear though, I own and completed both games on PS2.
Praise the sun!

Ugh. Thinking about getting a R.A.T. 7 mouse. Anyone have any experience with it? Was looking at a G700 before, but the price shot up on Amazon by $20 recently. Even if I do get a R.A.T. 7, I still may get a G700 eventually.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
You all are lucky. I'm sitting here posting this from a hotel room because I got sent on a business trip for the entire week! Wont be back until next Friday.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I've never ever played a Diablo game in my life.

I have followed absolutely nothing about this game. I know it's a big deal, and I know there were some changes (?) a little while back that got the community in a fit. Otherwise, Diablo III registers nothing for me. But I saw a cool CG commercial a couple days ago. That, mixed with all the hype (that I'm not part of), got to me. I know nothing of classes, how it plays, the story, how the online work... anything. But, I'm gonna blind buy Tuesday!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ugh. Thinking about getting a R.A.T. 7 mouse. Anyone have any experience with it? Was looking at a G700 before, but the price shot up on Amazon by $20 recently. Even if I do get a R.A.T. 7, I still may get a G700 eventually.
I actually tried it out at Dreamhack! It is ridiculously comfortable and the customization is overkill (that's a positive and a negative thing). It does look horrendous though!

theta11

I have followed absolutely nothing about this game. I know it's a big deal, and I know there were some changes (?) a little while back that got the community in a fit. Otherwise, Diablo III registers nothing for me. But I saw a cool CG commercial a couple days ago. That, mixed with all the hype (that I'm not part of), got to me. I know nothing of classes, how it plays, the story, how the online work... anything. But, I'm gonna blind buy Tuesday!

And you'll never look back.

Yoshichan

i made it into yoshis cool photo
This army is nothing without you, soldier!

Aaaaand you're not gonna be disappointed! This, I can guarantee!

Ashodin

Can anyone do this? I'm on my phone.

Yep!

kljZs.jpg

TYRAEL WALLPAPER SON

Yoshichan

So after prepurchasing it how does this work?

Will it let me install right at midnight?

Will I get a reminder prompt?
Once you've downloaded and patched the client, you will be able to install it like 8 hours before (midnight) launch. You won't get a reminder.

Too bad you don't have the internet to look it up.

Yoshichan

I just read that Blizzard is delaying the game another 2 weeks.

....jkjkjkjk don't kill me.
It's insane how fast my mouth managed to get dry. I realized you were kidding half-way through the first sentence, but it was too late for my lips! This shit is insane, man...

n3ss

aka acr0nym
I was not even planning on buying this game just two days ago... Now I am hyped and can't stop watching videos and reading everything I can.

Anyone have any recommendations of videos I should watch to keep the hype going?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I feel kinda bad that I've never played D1 or D2 (well, I've played them, but never all the way through). I've read up on the story and all that, so I'm good there, but I just know I would be way more hyped for D3 if I had actually been there and experienced it through the games. Oh well.

scy

A part of me will really miss the pre-release excitement in this thread when the game actually launches.

It'll probably take about two weeks before I remember that I said this due to actually playing the game but I felt like I should say it now!

The day is close now, brothers.

Also, what is the primary fire class... wizard?

I sense a distinct lack of fire.. all I have is what hydra and meteor?

Yoshichan

Also, what is the primary fire class... wizard?

I sense a distinct lack of fire.. all I have is what hydra and meteor?
That's the only thing I don't like with the D3-wizard... there doesn't seem to be one "major" damage dealer, except for maybe, uh... arcane orb?

The Witch Doctor seems to get all the "OMPF"-skills!

edit: and yes, I'm mad fucking salty that frozen orb isn't in this.

edit 2: oh, you were actually asking about "fire" ;3 My bad!

That's the only thing I don't like with the D3-wizard... there doesn't seem to be one "major" damage dealer, except for maybe, uh... arcane orb?

The Witch Doctor seems to get all the "OMPF"-skills!

edit: and yes, I'm mad fucking salty that frozen orb isn't in this.

edit 2: oh, you were actually asking about "fire" ;3 My bad!

No no I'm with you, where's my fire wall, etc. Her skills are all over the place. Makes me think expansion will some sort of pure sorc.

EDIT: Decided not be lazy and search around myself. It seems that I can activate the CE edition later on when it arrives at my house for the bonus goodies on a digital account copy. Looks like I will getting the digital copy also so I can play at release. My wallet hates me...

battletaglistrhdsp.png

GAF: JakOfTheShadows
Battletag: Jak#1266
Region: USA
Class: Barbarian

Yoshichan

I have no idea what class to play. Even in beta over the months!
Did you try all of the classes out? There must be one class that you found particularly fun playing with!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom