• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

Yeah that felt like the only disappointment with the WD to me, I played through with my cousin who also went WD and we DEMOLISHED everything and then got up to Skeleton King and things didn't go nearly as smoothly, the dogs didn't do anything really they were pretty pointless against him and we struggled with how much damage he could do to us. That's my biggest worry is that despite being really good against most normal creeps come the increased difficulty it'll be a struggle and skills won't be as viable. But anyway there's TONS of skills to unlock and tinker with on the way to 60 so I probably shouldn't read too much into it

I wouldn't, yeah. There's some good DD spells later on if you look in the skill calculator.

What I really want to do is go all out with summons and zombie dogs, and to blow up zombie dogs at every opportunity.

Soule

I dare not, sir... as consoleGAF has proven that it is much, much stronger than PCGAF :(

I wonder what the threads would be like if (when?) Blizzard ports Diablo 3 over to consoles. Probably wouldn't have the same kind of hype Halo or CoD would get from the masses but would be interesting to compare

The 15% transfer fee to PayPal is the only thing I really have a problem with. It shouldn't be that high of a cut in my opinion.

Agreed. That's why I'm never ever cashing out. If I get that super rare max stats weapon that sells for like $60 or something crazy, I'll just use it to buy the next d3 expansion. :p

Arksy

I was going to boycott this game because of the RMAH, but after playing the open beta, I don't have to. I thought it was terrible, but then again I'm not a fan of the art or the genre in general. Sorry I can't join you guys, the hype surrounding this game seems ridiculous and for the life of me I can't figure out why. :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I wonder what the threads would be like if (when?) Blizzard ports Diablo 3 over to consoles. Probably wouldn't have the same kind of hype Halo or CoD would get from the masses but would be interesting to compare
Haha, the hyperbole would be insane.

Dresden

I was going to boycott this game because of the RMAH, but after playing the open beta, I don't have to. I thought it was terrible. Sorry I can't join you guys, the hype surrounding this game seems ridiculous and for the life of me I can't figure out why. :(

Cool.

Goodbye.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Can I get my 8 players back in a patch please? That's seriously ruining shit for my group of friends right now :(

Probably not. 4 players was decided upon so that every character was visibly pulling their weight, rather than not really knowing if they were doing anything at all.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Can I get my 8 players back in a patch please? That's seriously ruining shit for my group of friends right now :(
Two groups running simultaneously while everyone's on Vent/Mumble! EZ.

Soule

I wouldn't, yeah. There's some good DD spells later on if you look in the skill calculator.

What I really want to do is go all out with summons and zombie dogs, and to blow up zombie dogs at every opportunity.

Haha that skill sounds so funny but I think it could actually be pretty awesome, I think the first passive is a chance to spawn a zombie dog from a kill so if they keep popping you would have a lot of explosives so to speak. When I do eventually make my WD I'll definitely be trying that out at some point, likewise with the Wizard I really wanna try melee Wizard and see how that goes.

I was going to boycott this game because of the RMAH, but after playing the open beta, I don't have to. I thought it was terrible. Sorry I can't join you guys, the hype surrounding this game seems ridiculous and for the life of me I can't figure out why. :(

Sorry you feel that way. It's not for everyone. Perhaps we'll meet again, in the Torchlight II OT? :p

forrest

formerly nacire
Yeah, it will depend on cost. I can definitely see things getting out of hand and gear going for like $100. That would be absurd. I'm curious to see how this will all play out. I guess if your time is worth more than the cash value, it makes sense. I just don't have ANY excess cash flow and my time is worth shit so that doesn't seem like fair reasoning for myself. :p

Unless Blizzard raises the $250.00 ceiling then I can see the rarest items going to 3rd party sites for sale. If they show up on either the RMAH or Gold AH then they will most likely get bought and then put up on a 3rd party site. Blizzard has stated there are a number of reasons for the cap and that they could adjust it in the future if they felt it would benefit the community and be worth the factors that come with it.

Yoshichan

Made up my mind. I will be starting with a female Wizard. Bring it on, girl!
I'll be the first one selling vanishing dye on the RMAH so you better buy it before anyone else does it!

Dresden

Haha that skill sounds so funny but I think it could actually be pretty awesome, I think the first passive is a chance to spawn a zombie dog from a kill so if they keep popping you would have a lot of explosives so to speak. When I do eventually make my WD I'll definitely be trying that out at some point, likewise with the Wizard I really wanna try melee Wizard and see how that goes.

And there's a rune for Sacrifice where you have a 35% chance to spawn a new zombie dog when one dies, so for every batch you blow up you have a good chance to get at least one back. Looking forward to it.

TUSR

Banned
I was going to boycott this game because of the RMAH, but after playing the open beta, I don't have to. I thought it was terrible, but then again I'm not a fan of the art or the genre in general. Sorry I can't join you guys, the hype surrounding this game seems ridiculous and for the life of me I can't figure out why. :(

Then don't be here?

Not trying to be rude. But you could buy a majority of D2 items online or through a certain forum with forum gold. But now that you can legitimately do this, you boycott it. Seems rather dumb. And you can't figure out the hype for the game because you don't like the art or the genre, you answered your own question.

zlatko

Banned
I dare not, sir... as consoleGAF has proven that it is much, much stronger than PCGAF :(

Idk about console GAF in particular. I mean Halo is only on 1 console, plus Call of Duty threads ever year don't go that fast.

It's just HaloGAF in general is another beast.

Best you back out. I like free wins. :p

krpiper

I have this mouse and love it. It makes playing so much easier. I have used it to play SW:TOR, SCII and also in the D3 beta. Works great all 3 games.

I was out of town during the open weekend and I only got to play for a little bit, but how do you have your hotkeys set up for the naga

Yoshichan

This might work! I'll try to get us to sync up.
I did it multiple times in the beta, it works out perfectly!

HYPE!
oHWBZ.jpg

Soule

Made up my mind. I will be starting with a female Wizard. Bring it on, girl!

When I make my Wizard definitely going female, Crispin Freeman voices the male and while I think that his voice suits him, I can't stand listening to him anymore. He just reminds me of tons of mediocre anime and I just imagine some of his random roles he's done previously every time I hear him. That and I really like the VA for the female, was watching that comparison vid on youtube and when she talked I thought it was awesome, can't believe I didn't try out a female wizard in the beta since I played the male up to 13 but I have seen the light. Female wizard > Male

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Is it sad that I'm debating buying a digital version of the game because I want to play the second servers open rather than waiting a day for my CE to come in the mail?!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I remember Blizzard saying they would port this to consoles, did they forget about that? Not that i would pay for that, PC all the way baby.

TUSR

Banned
Wait, so battletags are seperate from the Bnet friendslist? Why are they doing this?

So you don't have to make a character with the name xxxxxxxxmajine9001xxxx

I remember Blizzard saying they would port this to consoles, did they forget about that?

they were hiring still recently. So who knows at this point. I don't see any other of their games as being ported to console. Except whatever Titan is...

Wag

I wonder when Newegg is going to ship those $50 dealios? Hope I don't have to wait to long for mine.

scy

Unless Blizzard raises the $250.00 ceiling then I can see the rarest items going to 3rd party sites for sale. If they show up on either the RMAH or Gold AH then they will most likely get bought and then put up on a 3rd party site. Blizzard has stated there are a number of reasons for the cap and that they could adjust it in the future if they felt it would benefit the community and be worth the factors that come with it.

Wait, $250 limit? I thought they had a maximum on the starting amount? Haven't kept up with the RMAH really.

Is it sad that I'm debating buying a digital version of the game because I want to play the second servers open rather than waiting a day for my CE to come in the mail?!

only if it's equally sad that I did WoW annual pass so I could do this exact thing. >_>

Yoshichan

God damn, now I think about it... Cam Clarke should've been the one doing the voice for Diablo. That would be so frickin' boss.

zlatko

Banned
Fuck I just had the moment I was dreading happen. I was daydreaming during work and was thinking about playing the game this Tuesday with lights off, headphones on, cold drink, and visions of my monk in bad ass gear ripping shit up came to mind. My heart skipped a beat, and this feeling of wanting to scream like a giddy little school girl came over me, but I can't since it is work time...

I'm officially too hyped. Now the wait will be unbearable. ; ;

I...tried...to....resist...

Number45

So what is everyone playing this week to pass the time until D3 goes live?

I am playing Torchlight.
Diablo 2. I suck at it though (playing Necro), so not sure if I'll be able to get it done by Monday. Also Corpse Party, which is surprisingly awesome.

So you don't have to make a character with the name xxxxxxxxmajine9001xxxx
No, they just force you to make a BattleTag like that instead. :s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom