• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalnos

Banned
My question if anyone one knows is how the bonus in-game items from the CE edition work. Are they just unlock codes that I could attach to my digital copy when my CE arrives, or are they linked directly to that copy of the game? Thanks!

It's all tied to the CE key. Bashiok mentioned that you can buy the digital version and transfer it to another account when the CE arrives but I think that's about the best you can do.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yup! Once we install the game, we can go and tweak every setting we want. I for one need to change pretty much everything since the default setting is terrible for me
At9SF.gif

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
That's the only thing I don't like with the D3-wizard... there doesn't seem to be one "major" damage dealer, except for maybe, uh... arcane orb?

Uh, Meteor, Blizzard, and Energy Twister all do a lot of damage.

Yup! Once we install the game, we can go and tweak every setting we want. I for one need to change pretty much everything, the default setting is terrible for me
At9SF.gif

Unless it doesn't work like I think it might, the settings cfg from the beta carries over. They kept it in our Document folders.

scy

That's the only thing I don't like with the D3-wizard... there doesn't seem to be one "major" damage dealer, except for maybe, uh... arcane orb?

The Witch Doctor seems to get all the "OMPF"-skills!

edit: and yes, I'm mad fucking salty that frozen orb isn't in this.

edit 2: oh, you were actually asking about "fire" ;3 My bad!

I dunno, Wizard seems to have a lot of damage options. I do miss Frozen Orb, though.

Edit: I should READ THINGS I QUOTE :|

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I liked them all! :(
Then you should totally go with that cla -- wait, what?! Oh this is gonna be tough then... well in this case, I would recommend you going to the character selection (when you can, that is) and look at which one you feel like playing. Trust me, when the epic login-screen music is pumping in the background, you'll just know what class you'll be wanting to play.

Yoshichan

I think so man, going to probably talk to you again about it lol. I need some fucking fury spenders!
Haha, we've got plenty of good barbs in our army so just ask this thread whenever you want help! I won't post/answer anything in this thread once I've started playing :(
Uh, Meteor, Blizzard, and Energy Twister all do a lot of damage.
Slow, slower, slowest.

On a serious note: slow, looks like garbage, RNG. In that order.

Nothing from the Wizard-skillbook seems to satisfy my frozen orb thirst.

Fularu

Banned
At the speed this thread is going, we may reach OT2 before the launch of the game :p Which would be funny considering the spoiler rule in the OT :D

ZealousD

Slow, slower, slowest.

Nothing seems to fill my frozen orb thirst.

So what, you're just looking for an overpowered skill that does a lot of damage over a wide area with essentially no cooldown and minimal cost?

Yoshichan

Unless it doesn't work like I think it might, the settings cfg from the beta carries over. They kept it in our Document folders.
Wow, you're right! Even my old screenshots are in this folder!
So what, you're just looking for an overpowered skill that does a lot of damage over a wide area with essentially no cooldown and minimal cost?
Such skills won't exist in D3, silly! We all know they'll give us that for the expansion ;)

Riggs

Banned
Haha, we've got plenty of good barbs in our army so just ask this thread whenever you want help! I won't post/answer anything in this thread once I've started playing :(

Slow, slower, slowest.

Nothing from the Wizard-skillbook seems to satisfy my frozen orb thirst.

Ya man doubt I will be in here much once game launches either lol.

Junie12

At the speed this thread is going, we may reach OT2 before the launch of the game :p Which would be funny considering the spoiler rule in the OT :D

This thread may move fast but it's definitely not the fastest, The Marvel 3 thread I lurked a long time ago moved faster than this, and it went to OT2 when the game hit! So proud of my FGC bros..

Yoshichan

So do we gotta wipe everything from the beta?
What do you mean? Everything is completely reset, except for the (video, interface, sound etc) options! edit: now I understand your post ._. oh well, it's answered down bellow!
Nah.
Ya man doubt I will be in here much once game launches either lol.
We should Mumble it up when the time comes though!
This thread may move fast but it's definitely not the fastest, The Marvel 3 thread I lurked a long time ago moved faster than this, and it went to OT2 when the game hit! So proud of my FGC bros..
That thread got up URLY though, that's why!

Island

I'm starting to get nervous... my FutureShop preorder of the CE still says preorder, no shipping details whatsoever. They did charge my credit card but no other info....

I wonder if I am going to get it? (Shipping date 05/01-05/04 lawl)

ZealousD

Yeah the spoiler rule in the OT is kinda dumb.

Should be May 29th or OT2, whichever comes last.

Yoshichan

Yep, you better accept my battle net friend request or I will be sad barbarian : (
Eventually I'll add everyone, for sure ♥! Do we know if there's a cap to how many friends you can have?

Riggs

Banned
Eventually I'll add everyone, for sure ♥! Do we know if there's a cap to how many friends you can have?

Probably is a cap, that's why I said to accept my request once game is live because I know you will hit cap lol. Dirty Yoshi's always have to many friends, all them eggs.

ZealousD

Can that link get re-posted? About removing beta files? Anytime I click the link is broken because it's adding the ellipsis.

Yoshichan

Probably is a cap, that's why I said to accept my request once game is live because I know you will hit cap lol. Dirty Yoshi's always have to many friends, all them eggs.
ALL DEM EGGS!

ellTh.gif
ellTh.gif
ellTh.gif
ellTh.gif
ellTh.gif
ellTh.gif
ellTh.gif
ellTh.gif

IMPORTANT INFO!
If you've pre-downloaded the digital version of the game in EU English or German before 10:00 AM CEST (9:00 AM GMT) on Saturday May 12, you must obtain the new downloaders to be able to install properly once the game is released on May 15. We apologize for the inconvenience, and ask that you please let friends and acquaintances know so they can begin downloading the working installer that's now available.
(installers in the link) http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4410912/

Just another reminder for anyone who wants to avoid getting spoiled (it's getting worse the closer we get to the launch day)!
^This script hides all Youtube-comments. There will be spoilers on Youtube so you better to install this script!

This needs to be quotes as-well!
Apparently it's important for people that were in the beta to manually remove some files from their system before installing the full game.

http://blues.incgamers.com/Posts/11/1/47/877/160963/important-uninstall-the-beta

And this!
Just another warning/reminder.

You should really have a blizzard authenticator for this game. Either an IOS/Android version, or the actual physical generator. There's going to be *alot* of hacked accounts, and you don't want to be one of them. Your password, no matter how complex it is, isn't safe.

Voidguts

any barbarz have opinions on using cleave (with rupture probably) while dual wielding? would it be better to only use it with a 2-hander or what?

(didn't play barb much in beta but I'm planning on it being my main in D3)

Yoshichan

any barbarz have opinions on using cleave (with rupture probably) while dual wielding? would it be better to only use it with a 2-hander or what?

(didn't play barb much in beta but I'm planning on it being my main in D3)
fembarb representing!

I personally prefer cleave with a 2H. For me, dual wielding is all about frenzy~

Jobacca

Neo Member
GAF, help me decide which class to play.

Took me FOREVER to find a class in WoW that I enjoyed, which turned out to be a Druid. Loved the versatility of it. Right now, I'm torn between a Monk and Witch Doctor. I like the Monks because they (correct me if I am wrong) seem to be more defensive minded. They help out the party with buffs, have good healing abilities, and are fairly good at combat. I love helping out my teammates. Witch Doctors, I think, are pretty cool with spawning helpers, as well as some DoT's.

Thoughts?

It's all tied to the CE key. Bashiok mentioned that you can buy the digital version and transfer it to another account when the CE arrives but I think that's about the best you can do.
Thanks for the help. I also found a post on the Blizz forums that claims if you contact Customer Service when you get the CE edition and add it to your account that I "might" get a gift copy of the game. If this is true I'll gift it out here on the forums.

Post in question just in case anyone was in the same position I was:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4175421603?page=2#24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom