• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm fkn curious about. Let's say I'm the hightes HC char with 59, streaming. BNet goes down and I die, because Blizz fucked up and I have it on video. Oooooh, the rage.

If they had balls, they'd tell you that you accepted the contract, regardless, 'deal w it'

Ainaurdur

I wouldn't be so sure. People like to talk about the latest item they found, about the latest boss they killed and so on. Diablo should be no different.

Many people (me included) have dual computer setups or computer/tablet/phone setups allowing you to post while playing.

I admit I have the same setup and may do so as well. But I don't expect the volume to be quite so high. But that it be in spurts I suppose. I have no intent or desire to quell excitement and discussion. I'd welcome it if it continues to flow.

Ugh. Thinking about getting a R.A.T. 7 mouse. Anyone have any experience with it? Was looking at a G700 before, but the price shot up on Amazon by $20 recently. Even if I do get a R.A.T. 7, I still may get a G700 eventually.

I love my g700, but most of the extra buttons I'm using for simple things like volume control, dpi etc, and probably not even for skills. But the mouse seems really solid and I really like the matte rough texture it has. And it's convertible (wired/wireless)

LukeSmith

Are you ready, for PERMADEATH?

ANb1M.jpg

MWAHAHAHAHA

They should put a little icon or something on any loot that is acquired in non-Hardcore. It could be a little pink heart or a cute picture of a bunny or some crayons, because not playing Hardcore is for small children (or people with old computers)

chiablo

I'm fkn curious about. Let's say I'm the hightes HC char with 59, streaming. BNet goes down and I die, because Blizz fucked up and I have it on video. Oooooh, the rage.

Honestly, for all of these dudebros who are attempting world firsts... I hope this does happen.

th_trollfacehd.jpg

How will coop work with players of different levels?

Will enemies scale or not? Like if my buddies are level 28 & I'm level 10, am I going to get shredded trying to play with them?

(I'm kind of worried about my friends getting ahead of me and that I'll never catch up. They're unmarried & in college, while I'm working a full time job and a have a wife whose birthday is the day after D3 releases.)

TheExodu5

Banned

Will enemies scale or not? Like if my buddies are level 28 & I'm level 10, am I going to get shredded trying to play with them?

(I'm kind of worried about my friends getting ahead of me and that I'll never catch up. They're unmarried & in college, while I'm working a full time job and a have a wife whose birthday is the day after D3 releases.)

No scaling.

Create a second character to play with them.

In diablo 2 the enemies were all leveled per difficulty (hell, normal, ect.) So if you were level 10 and went to nightmare the first monster you saw would be level 30 for example. Aka no scaling.

Duki

Banned

nah theyve got level ranges by location

Ketch

This is gonna be my first build. I'm going to go straight to hardcore, and use dying as an excuse to play a new class.... when I figure out which one I like the most I'll go coop normal mode to inferno.

Realyn

Something for the next couple of days:

If you need help or want to trade stuff, please add something like "EU | SC | Realyn#1234" at the bottom of your post.
I know we got the battletag list, but it makes it so much easier for everyone if you include everything important rightaway.

Ugh. Thinking about getting a R.A.T. 7 mouse. Anyone have any experience with it? Was looking at a G700 before, but the price shot up on Amazon by $20 recently. Even if I do get a R.A.T. 7, I still may get a G700 eventually.

I have a R.A.T. 7 (that really sucks to type out) and I love it. I had always been a razer user but once I got this mouse I haven't had any regrets. Someone else mentioned in the gaming mouse thread that it feels like your hand is driving the batmobile. That is true. Also, I love the weight and the adjustability of certain angles on the mouse. It really is very good.

kameha5th

Banned
Guys as I write this, I have a project for my literature class and need to make limericks.

SO far this is what I came up with.

(P.S Limericks has a rhyme scheme of AABBA)

Code:
A man with excited dream
Caused a dramatic small scene
He questioned what month and year it was
And was told, then he started to buzz
Diablo 3 on May 15

TheExodu5

Banned
Well ... not sure how him making a second character helps. You mean they make a second character to play with him? :x

Yeah, that. Read it backwards. :p

This is likely a datamining error. Thorns in beta was not expressed as a percent, but as a flat number. It doesn't mean thorns builds weren't possible, even given what was provided.

Those numbers seem completely plausible to me. Enemies in Inferno will have ridiculous amounts of health compared to that of players.

Ainaurdur

The standard box should have been inside the collector box, instead of just giving a normal DVD case.

No I'm talking about the actual game box, the one that holds the disc. The standard edition is a sweet fold out digipak while the CE gets a normal dvd box.

Ahh, yes. I agree with that. Would solve my minor dilemma. Thanks for clarifying. Guess they just had to go with the cheaper option.

Guys as I write this, I have a project for my literature class and need to make limericks.

SO far this is what I came up with.

(P.S Limericks has a rhyme scheme of AABBA)

Code:
A man with excited dream
Caused a dramatic small scene
He questioned what month and year it was
And was told, then he started to buzz
Diablo 3 on May 15

Code:
The anticipation is making me sick
I'm still not sure what class to pick
As the end draws near
The adventure becomes real 
And it will all start with just a simple mouse click

ShaneB

Figure I'll just ask this here..

My internet is acting up again, random drops and get that little fancy yellow exclamation point on my wireless connection saying limited access.

I'm not a dummy, but most wireless/internet lingo confuses me, so is there some software that logs internet activity and spits it out in easy to read format? "hey, things didn't work here, this is why" etc etc..

I use to think it was my router being a piece of junk, but it is fine for weeks at a time, and now this weekend is when it decides to turn to crap, and if it keeps it up, playing "always online" is going make me constantly worry about actually being online.

LowParry

Hard to believe around this time tomorrow night I'll be sitting here, waiting for the next 2 hours for things to go live. However tomorrow day will be GW2 glory!

Yeah, that. Read it backwards. :p

Those numbers seem completely plausible to me. Enemies in Inferno will have ridiculous amounts of health compared to that of players.

It's not that the numbers are implausible, it's just that it didn't work like that. They may have changed it, but thorns in beta was flat damage every hit. The video (which I think is from one of the earlier patches) clearly shows this, because it's 45 damage to everything, no matter the strength of the attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom