• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
New wallpaper

wallpaper022-1280x800.jpg

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/media/wallpapers/?view#/wallpaper022

It would be really cool if the male witch doctor didn't have a gigantic pot-belly. I like the class but I just can't get past that horrible aesthetic, and I don't really want to play a female character.

I can kind of agree to this, but I guess he is simply playing his character as an old man.

If you take Necromancer from D2, he stood up straight and was skinny but still wasn't that cool looking (imo lol).
I think he'd look better if he wore armor later on haha.

maharg

idspispopd
I feel like Blizzard really left some money on the table not having a digital CE. I'd have paid for the wings, but getting it right away and not having to go to a store are more valuable to me.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
This needs to be quoted more.

So I pulled these bad boys out of the boxes from our recent move in preparation for the launch. I still have all the little extras in there, including the D2 D&D set that came with the CE.

You inspired me to take this pic from my collection:

g6T1T.jpg

Both still have everything they came with.

I feel like Blizzard really left some money on the table not having a digital CE. I'd have paid for the wings, but getting it right away and not having to go to a store are more valuable to me.

How would they handle digital CE? I guess they could ship you the goods?

(then better yet, allow CE purchasers to receive their keys in advance).

Dreavus

Well I'm an idiot. I've been thinking Futureshop was going to ship my to me between the 13th and 20th when it turns out that's their automated guess because I ordered back in March, so the estimates still say March 13-20th because they haven't even started shipping yet.

Shouldn't that have been updating automatically? I'm still waiting on the shipment notice too (futureshop.ca). I've been getting periodic updates on the status of the release dates of the games I had on order, and the latest one says May 15th for D3. I hope it doesn't take too long to get here...

PowerK

201205141974g_2012051404351.jpg

2012051401070124306004_b.jpg

http://bbs2.ruliweb.daum.net/gaia/d...objCate1=1024&bbsId=G003&itemId=7&pageIndex=1

Koreans are going crazy over the Diablo III launch.
Blizzard is opening a launch event in several hours in Seoul.
According to reports on twitter and news... over three thousand people gathered. Several hundreds lined up and stayed over night. (sleeping on the road :nuts: it's raining here today too)

Anyway, 8 hours and 51 minutes left until the server opens and Diablo III goes live here. :p

Junie12

I would love a digital CE, much prefer that than waiting for Amazon to ship my box copy. And it's better for my health! I think..

Nekrono

Anyone have a link to that "mod" that changes the colors and adds sharpness?

Also, do you guys know if it will be "allowed" or will people get banned for using it when the servers go live and thereafter?

maharg

idspispopd
How would they handle digital CE? I guess they could ship you the goods?

(then better yet, allow CE purchasers to receive their keys in advance).

I think that would have been best. Ship me the box but give me the key right away. I'd easily wait for the box if I could play in the meantime.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Anyone have a link to that "mod" that changes the colors and adds sharpness?

Also, do you guys know if it will be "allowed" or will people get banned for using it when the servers go live and thereafter?

Jay Wilson himself said on his twitter that as long as it's not a cheat, it will not get you banned.

Also: http://darkd3.com/

201205141974g_2012051404351.jpg

2012051401070124306004_b.jpg

http://bbs2.ruliweb.daum.net/gaia/d...objCate1=1024&bbsId=G003&itemId=7&pageIndex=1

Koreans are going crazy over the Diablo III launch.
Blizzard is opening a launch event in several hours in Seoul.
According to reports on twitter and news... over three thousand people gathered. Several hundreds lined up and stayed over night. (sleeping on the road :nuts: it's raining here today too)

Anyway, 8 hours and 51 minutes left until the server opens and Diablo II goes live here. :p
Aw sick man. I was supposed to go to Korea this summer...

Yeah, it sucks in countries like Korea/Japan because you have to line up to claim

your games at launch. I wonder if they had DD purchases too?

Just started messing with builds.

How's this for a Monk build?
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aZXdTh!XYW!ccaYac

I'm no Monk expert so I can't critique you properly, but it looks good.

Wow that sixth passive is interesting.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
So I plan to try and stay up all night and sleep all day tomorrow. Love having no responsibility this week

thetrin

Yes because every class needs to be the bodybuilder type to feel right. Jesus christ. Sme of you even complained about the female barb not being a barbiedoll with an axe.

I think her design is brilliant. My roommate is actually going to play a female barb instead of a male barb, just because she looks and acts so perfectly in play.

GorillaJu

Yeah, it sucks in countries like Korea/Japan because you have to line up to claim

I'm no Monk expert so I can't critique you properly, but it looks good.

Wow that sixth passive is interesting.

Japan has a DD

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Damn, just read that it will arrive at home in a few hours. I want to unbox that sexy bitch of a package

Yeah Blizz packages are always smexy as hell. That's why i'll never buy a digital copy of blizzard games.

PowerK

I think those people are there for limited edition stuff. As for the digital download version of D3, yeah.. it's available here. That's what I'm getting anyway.

I'm rolling Barb, and I was originally going to do a crit based build, but as usual Blizzard doesn't think Swords and Critical Hits go together, so I reworked it as an AoE build that focuses totally on weapon damage (the biggest focus of Swords).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#bhXQVP!YSg!YcYabZ

I figured I'll get the highest top-end damage possible (The Grandfather), leap into a group and draw them in with the rune. Then I pop Wrath of the Berserker, spam Revenge and Overpower when available, and use Whirlwind 'til I run out of fury. Cleave rebuilds fury when I start to run low.

Weapons Master and Brawler give me a 45% damage boost, and Boon of Bul-Kathos bumps that up to 145% every other minute. Each of the other abilities is runed to inflict additional weapon damage in some form.

Edit: Holy typos Batman, I'm sleepy.

Pardon the question! but i've gotta work tomorrow and will only come home with two hours to spare!

so RIGHT NOW .... if we have the digital edition and are in Eastern time zone.... usa... all we should have done is downloaded the installer client, (done nothing with it after that correct? ) and created a battletag?... When will it let us install and when do i get to log in?? will blizzard send me a password?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom