• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupaNaab

Is there really no "Show Head Slot" toggle? I realize there is no customization, but I am almost never content with displaying head slot items.

I think those people are there for limited edition stuff. As for the digital download version of D3, yeah.. it's available here. That's what I'm getting anyway.

Ahhh thanks, I was curious. I should've known that DD is global now.

I'm rolling Barb, and I was originally going to do a crit based build, but as usual Blizzard doesn't think Swords and Critical Hits go together, so I reworked it as an AoE build that focuses totally on weapon damage (the biggest focus of Swords).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#bhXQVP!YSg!YcYabZ

I figured I get the highest top-end damage possible (The Grandfather), leap into a group and draw them in with the rune. Then I pop Wrath of the Berserk, spam Revenge and Overpower when available, and use Whirlwind 'til I run out fury. Cleave rebuilds fury when I start to run low.

Weapons Master and Brawler give me a 45% damage boost, and Boon of Bul-Kathos bumps that up to 145% every other minute. Each of the other abilities is runed to inflict additional weapon damage in some form.

I really like it! Your thoughts are very similar to mine.

I don't get why you ditched crits though! I'm all for crits - do they not work on swords?

My lv30 barb

The barb build I was playing with -- http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WhRVTj!bdS!ccbabZ

Going for lots of survivability. Want to have Earthquake and Call of the Ancients because Earthquake seems brutal and while I don't know if it'll be worth taking over something else, CotA just seems cool as fuck and something I want to have. Ignore pain + revenge a couple times should help thin out nasty packs of mobs and keep me alive, and as a bonus with all those passives those Revenges are healing me a ton. All theoretical at this point obviously but looks pretty good to me

Gonna be playing through normal with my friend who's playing Wizard

Ahhh thanks, I was curious. I should've known that DD is global now.

I really like it! Your thoughts are very similar to mine.

I don't get why you ditched crits though! I'm all for crits - do they not work on swords?

My lv30 barb

Primarily because of Weapons Master giving +10% crit to Maces/Axes, and I hate Maces and Axes.

10% is such a large amount of crit that I feel that a sword/crit build would simply be too crippled because of that loss. :\

Primarily because of Weapons Master giving +10% crit to Maces/Axes, and I hate Maces and Axes.

10% is such a large amount of crit that I feel that a sword/crit build would simply be too crippled because of that loss. :\

Mm... very true. I haven't realized the weapon-specific nature of crits, then. Thanks for that.

Ainaurdur

Pardon the question! but i've gotta work tomorrow and will only come home with two hours to spare!

so RIGHT NOW .... if we have the digital edition and are in Eastern time zone.... usa... all we should have done is downloaded the installer client, (done nothing with it after that correct? ) and created a battletag?... When will it let us install and when do i get to log in?? will blizzard send me a password?

You have purchased directly from Blizzard, so the key is already attached to your account, you will be able to run the installer tomorrow, and then log in to the game at 3:01am EDT on the 15th.

Xater

The barb build I was playing with -- http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WhRVTj!bdS!ccbabZ

Going for lots of survivability. Want to have Earthquake and Call of the Ancients because Earthquake seems brutal and while I don't know if it'll be worth taking over something else, CotA just seems cool as fuck and something I want to have. Ignore pain + revenge a couple times should help thin out nasty packs of mobs and keep me alive, and as a bonus with all those passives those Revenges are healing me a ton. All theoretical at this point obviously but looks pretty good to me

Gonna be playing through normal with my friend who's playing Wizard

I would probably go for Seismic Slam instead of Whirlwind or pick leap/ground stomp instead of Ignore Pain. Your Barb does nt seem to have a way to get out of or avoid a sticky situation.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Ar there different launch times for regions?

I got an email yesterday from jbhifi (australian here) saying ithe servers won't be live til 5pm aest (24 hours from now)

So why are some of you saying ~8 hours :(

SupaNaab

pretty sure there's invisibility dyes.

Fuck yes, thankyou. Hopefully it's not expensive. Found a wiki page on dyes. Looks like where you actually are greatly affects your armour colour also.

Dyes_all.jpg

Wunder

Ar there different launch times for regions?

I got an email yesterday from jbhifi (australian here) saying ithe servers won't be live til 5pm aest (24 hours from now)

So why are some of you saying ~8 hours :(

It's roughly 8 hours until the installer unlocks, which means you can install the game that you've downloaded. At 5PM AEST the servers will unlock and you can log in!

Dineren

Banned
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm curious. Why don't these types of games let you create a character with a custom appearance? All the major ones I can think of off the top of my head have a set model for each different class. I really like what Blizzard has done so I can't say I care that much about the lack of it, but it just seemed odd that they were all like that.

Teknoman

Man some of those fan art would make amazing wallpapers.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm curious. Why don't these types of games let you create a character with a custom appearance? All the major ones I can think of off the top of my head have a set model for each different class. I really like what Blizzard has done so I can't say I care that much about the lack of it, but it just seemed odd that they were all like that.

Either a focus on story or easy identification when playing co-op?

Xater

you sir are correct.. =( which is why i'm sad and confused by this

No it's great. It unlocks at the same local time basically everywhere. Most of the time they release games with just the US time in mind and the game for us Euros unlocks in the middle of the day or even worse the evening. At least this way everyone gets the same experience. Well expect the Aussies apparently. ;)

Wunder

No they are different. Because when my game is unlocked here in Europe, the US still has to wait 9 hours.

Holy shit - this makes me so depressed. Hong Kong, Taiwan, Macau and SK get to play in 7 hours, while Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines and Australia have to wait for the Americans. T_T

Valnen

Blizzard actually says they were planning this at first but scrapped it. The reasoning was you never really get a good look at your character anyway especially with gear.

Not really good reasoning but oh well.

profit

Xater said:
GAME Australia texted customers today informing them that they will not be stocking Diablo III and anyone who pre-ordered the game will not receive a refund.
I'm not from Australia, but what the hell?! How can they not give a refund to the people who preordered?!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
No it's great. It unlocks at the same local time basically everywhere. Most of the time they release games with just the US time in mind and the game for us Euros unlocks in the middle of the day or even worse the evening. At least this way everyone gets the same experience. Well expect the Aussies apparently. ;)

it's a terrible time to launch - i hate having something launch at 3 am (east coast)

Australian midnight time is ideally the best time for everyone to play... only places really getting screwed is new zealand and hawaii :p

i hope some company will figure that out some day...

Valnen

Read the article. It seems that by Australien law a company that is under administration does not have to give refunds.

Still a fucked up situation for probably more than a few Australien Diablo fans.

So Australian law sucks. Well that's not surprising. But why does it suck?

Radec

Yeah, how can that not be illegal?

Under Australian law, it is legal for a company in administration to not perform refunds. Those who are owed money from pre-orders can become unsecured creditors if they register with the administrator, but they will only be paid after secured creditors like banks and lenders are paid (if there are funds to pay them at all). Often customers are at the bottom of a long list of creditors that need to be paid, such as employees with outstanding sick leave, holiday leave, and superannuation, electricity, phone, internet and water providers, and real estate agents. If the business becomes insolvent and goes into liquidation, a customer cannot commence or continue any legal action unless they get permission from The Supreme Court.

Pretty fucked up law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom