• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

tborsje

This has probably been asked a thousand times, but this thread seems to move so damn fast it's hard to keep track.

If I have a digital preorder that isn't through battle.net, can I still preload the client?

That is some bullshit law.
I'm not one to say I'll never buy at a store again, but if that happend to me, never in my life I'll buy there again.

You'll never be able to buy there again anyway, the store is going out of business. There's no money left.
Hopefully it all goes to paying for the wages\annual leave of the employees who are about to be without a job, instead of going to banks and creditors who should have known better than to extend credit to a business which is about to fail anyway.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
This has probably been asked a thousand times, but this thread seems to move so damn fast it's hard to keep track.

If I have a digital preorder that isn't through battle.net, can I still preload the client?

You'll never be able to buy there again anyway, the store is going out of business. There's no money left.
Hopefully it all goes to paying for the wages\annual leave of the employees who are about to be without a job, instead of going to banks and creditors who should have known better than to extend credit to a business which is about to fail anyway.
"You can be extra prepared to face the forces of Hell by downloading the game ahead of time, even if you didn’t preorder a digital copy, using the links below. Just select your desired language and OS."

DL Links in the OP

-Mikey-

Would like to know as well. I would think its still whatever time based off PST.

Yeah, I think you're right. Now I don't see a reason of picking it up at midnight. I would get home and then have to wait close to 3 hours to even play it. Pretty lame.

tborsje

"You can be extra prepared to face the forces of Hell by downloading the game ahead of time, even if you didn’t preorder a digital copy, using the links below. Just select your desired language and OS."

DL Links in the OP

Cheers! I was looking through the downloaders on the battle.net site and couldn't find anything.

Mako_Drug

??? the FUCK?

I just got an email confirmation that my order has shipped (CE) and they already charged the full money for it too :|

Now I'm freaking out if its coming or not :mad:

Its not coming, that was just an automated email and deduction. You will spend the launch week in bed curled into the fetal position furiously clicking a pen in a vain effort to comfort yourself with the sound.

Relax! I'm sure its coming! Maybe... O_O

Trash Man

Neo Member
dscf3008i.jpg

This is my home for the next week :) I've got 5 days off work and the wait is killing me!

14 hours 6 minutes to go, what to do?

Thanks for the wallpapers from this awesome thread :)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

This is my home for the next week :) I've got 5 days off work and the wait is killing me!

14 hours 6 minutes to go, what to do?

Thanks for the wallpapers from this awesome thread :)

very nice dude.

dat pussy.

The Rat 7 is wired and cheaper.

the 9 that im getting comes with 2 rechargeable batteries, so i can leave one charging

I think I'm gonna crack and get a 7 - I can get it for one day shipping from Amazon for $4 extra if I order early tomorrow/today and have it arrive with my CE (Otherwise it would arrive on the 16th for free). My current mouse is getting a bit worn out. I kind of like their new MMO one, but it's too expensive for my taste, and the metal parts are a sort of ugly orange. (Not that I hate the color, but I'd really rather not have that on my mouse - it would clash with everything else.)

smiggyRT

I think I might get this, I mean I enjoy other loot games and the fantasy stuff appeals to me so I can't think of reason for not liking it.

Darkone

Question about item loot:

I read somewhere that items in the game are randomly created by a new system meaning that each player have something unique that no other player can have, is this true??

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Well, that's my Amazon order progressing at least... It has charged me and the site says "dispatching soon", I hope the postal service doesn't let me down tomorrow!

It's been a long time since Diablo 2, but I am ready.

tch

Guys,

Any reason to go digital over a boxed standard copy? Or rather, any reason I should cancel my release date delivery order?

Guys,

Any reason to go digital over a boxed standard copy? Or rather, any reason I should cancel my release date delivery order?

Well, digital assures you can start playing at midnight. If your boxed copy is the same price as the digital, go digital.

I can get a boxed copy for 35 euros while the digital costs 60 euros (lol), so no way I'm going digital.

Trickster

Btw. Since diablo 3 doesn't work with ATI's 12.4 catalyst drivers. Does anyone know where I can find an older version that would work for a ati 7850 card? Would hate having to use my gtx460 instead :p

EDIT - nvm, found a blue post (here) that link to and updated 12.4a driver that has resolved the issue.

red731

Is it a decent box? It looks kinda cool in pictures, but if it's shitty standard cardboard then I'll go digital
Edit: When do the servers go live?

It is embossed.

Btw. Since diablo 3 doesn't work with ATI's 12.4 catalyst drivers. Does anyone know where I can find an older version that would work for a ati 7850 card? Would hate having to use my gtx460 instead :p

Holy hell... I have ATI drivers 12.4 and it will work fine on my AMD RHD 5650 -
the problems are just for series 4xxx under. Also AMD released hotfix 12.4a to correct that.

Here you go.

tch

Well, digital assures you can start playing at midnight. If your boxed copy is the same price as the digital, go digital.

I can get a boxed copy for 35 euros while the digital costs 60 euros (lol), so no way I'm going digital.

Holy shit I didn't know it was at midnight! Awesome thanks, canceling that shit asap. But yeah that seems like a good deal haha

Trash Man

Neo Member
Is it a decent box? It looks kinda cool in pictures, but if it's shitty standard cardboard then I'll go digital
Edit: When do the servers go live?

It comes in a card box with a fold out front and inside it's in a normal DVD/game style case.

Looks nice :)

Trash Man

Neo Member

I thought ATI went back on the statement and that the drivers are indeed fine? I'll try and find a link.

LordCanti

My phone just rang. "This is an account alert from *my CC company* informing you of a charge posted to your account for: Ninety Nine Dollars and Ninety Nine Cents"

....At 3 AM.

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

Also, yay, hype! "Shipping Soon" :D

I'm so tired right now. But this is what must be done...so I can be awake at 2am tomorrow. Amazon did me a favor by charging me at 3am and waking my ass up.

Jobacca

Neo Member
Yeah, I think you're right. Now I don't see a reason of picking it up at midnight. I would get home and then have to wait close to 3 hours to even play it. Pretty lame.

Same. Not going to sit out forever at the midnight sale. Ill still go, but the place in line doesn't really matter much now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom